• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Yep, it's actually why I had no issue with the first yellow.

Haaland's a fudging unit, in two games with us, he know he isn't bullying anyone, and he didn't enjoy today.

Btw. did anyone else notice we went man marking today instead of zonal?
We had Perisic man for man in Mahrez and Dier decided who had Haaland imo
He regularly told player to pick him up

Yep, it's actually why I had no issue with the first yellow.

Haaland's a fudging unit, in two games with us, he know he isn't bullying anyone, and he didn't enjoy today.

Btw. did anyone else notice we went man marking today instead of zonal?
Its the game, defenders especially at that level always put something on the line to win a crucial duel to gain advantages.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

If he played for us, he’d get way more of the ball.

I hope Kane see’s how isolated he would have been there.

Kane would be better in their system than Haaland though
It it’s horses for courses because of who and where they are in their careers
Haaland is like a machine, a robot. He works in certain ways so well that it’s unstoppable

Kane would be better, Haaland is like playing with 10 men for 89 minutes (he's the best at one thing and one thing only). Saw an interesting stat, Haaland has scored 25 goals this season, but City hasn't scored any more than last season.

But I'd argue until my last breath, the player City should have gone for two season's ago is Son. They would get to keep their false 9 model, players floating and creating the overloads and still have one of the wide attackers who (in their system) could probably bang in 25-30 goals.

He plays on the edge, we just have to accept he’s going to fall the wrong side of it occasionally. I thought he was brilliant today in general.

Was really good, some great defending and real quality on the ball. Great to see. Being on a yellow limits what he can do, but he's still very good.

Agreed that we need to accept that he will fall on the wrong side of aggression at times. But I think his timing in that kind of situation has been better in the past. Think he'll get back to his very best soon enough.

Yup. He needs to cut out the stupid rushing out and tackling when it's not needed. Until he does that he won't be world class.

I don't think it's a situation where it's wrong to make the tackle as such. Win the ball there and we could have a good opportunity to break.

But he needs to get the timing right for those a bit more often than he has post World Cup at least.

probably not the thread for it, but if we had Haaland I'd want us to just bang long balls over the top for him to chase all day

Think our system suits haaland better and citys suits kane more. We're more direct and could do with pace up front. City take their time to build up.

Kane would be better, Haaland is like playing with 10 men for 89 minutes (he's the best at one thing and one thing only). Saw an interesting stat, Haaland has scored 25 goals this season, but City hasn't scored any more than last season.

But I'd argue until my last breath, the player City should have gone for two season's ago is Son. They would get to keep their false 9 model, players floating and creating the overloads and still have one of the wide attackers who (in their system) could probably bang in 25-30 goals.

The thing is if city played to haalands strengths though he could be on a lot more goals.

If City played to Haaland's strength, they wouldn't be City/Pep as we know it.

Not saying they should totally change. But when they see him with acres of space to run into they could play the long ball now and again, instead of passing it across the defence or backwards. Possession for the sake of possession i hate.

Not saying they should totally change. But when they see him with acres of space to run into they could play the long ball now and again, instead of passing it across the defence or backwards. Possession for the sake of possession i hate.

But this is the problem (I mention it in the City thread in general)

- Very simplistically -> City's success/system has been based on not having a "real" striker, effectively by not having a striker, they have 6 midfielders, which allows them to create overloads, dominate possession and be very fluid (thing that people constantly toss about)

Yes, yesterday it was obvious that Haaland was making runs no one was picking or even looking for, but what happens if they do?

- If it works, then the obvious answer is play that way more often, so now the midfield is setup to feed a striker
- Ok, if you set that up, then all the opposition would have to do is double mark Haaland, so you need a player playing off of him, an alternate, so now the midfield is setup for two front players
- Then you lose a lot of the press, you lose the defensive protection.

And if you do that, you suddenly are exactly the same team as others, just potentially with better players than most. This isn't Pep, this is exactly why he wasn't interested in breaking the bank for Kane (a player who would be better in their system than Haaland)

Back