• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

To me it seems like he (or more likely his agent) is just looking for another stepping stone, before moving to either his beloved Arsenal or one of the financially doped clubs. With every move comes another big windfall of money.

If he wants a move to Arsenal down the line surely he (and his agent) must understand that going to us would be the worst idea ever?

You're probably right about the stepping stone thing, but that's life.

Every club is a stepping stone until you're United, Real, Barca, Bayern etc. If we get good players who see us as a stepping stone to make us better, we shouldn't have to worry. If those players push us to be better than what we are, we won't be a stepping stone anymore! (then it's just about the cash)

If Benteke joins us we'll get this treatment every summer when his agent wants a move or a bigger contract.

If Benteke joins us we'll get this treatment every summer when his agent wants a move or a bigger contract.

Contracts... Meh, I'm not too concerned, maybe I should be, but I just figure Levy handles that so well it's not really an issue.

A move to a bigger club is more of an issue, but for me we need more players like Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale that attract the interest of the biggest clubs in the world and fewer players like Defoe, Pav, Hudd and Kranjcar who are good for us in stretches, but really they find their level with us or they're forced to move to smaller clubs to get regular games.

There essentially are no players that will be happy about staying long term with us if the big clubs are in for them. Yes it's a lot better if it's someone like Bale who isn't a dingdonghead about it, but realistically very few players we sign that are into their twenties and already high profile will even show that kind of loyalty.

If him succeeding and moving on for big money making us a profit in the transfer market after playing really well for us is the outcome we're worried about then this should be the most obvious signing ever.

For me he's definitely not worth the money being quoted and most likely not the hassle either.

Contracts... Meh, I'm not too concerned, maybe I should be, but I just figure Levy handles that so well it's not really an issue.

A move to a bigger club is more of an issue, but for me we need more players like Carrick, Berbatov, Modric and Bale that attract the interest of the biggest clubs in the world and fewer players like Defoe, Pav, Hudd and Kranjcar who are good for us in stretches, but really they find their level with us or they're forced to move to smaller clubs to get regular games.

There essentially are no players that will be happy about staying long term with us if the big clubs are in for them. Yes it's a lot better if it's someone like Bale who isn't a dingdonghead about it, but realistically very few players we sign that are into their twenties and already high profile will even show that kind of loyalty.

If him succeeding and moving on for big money making us a profit in the transfer market after playing really well for us is the outcome we're worried about then this should be the most obvious signing ever.

=D>

super post.

so if villa stick to their guns as in 25m who out of us would pay it?????
I would. Obviously if there was no chance of anything lower. but don't worry mumorm I would be shocked if Levy ponied up that dough.....

I'd probably go to 20m for him. Its stupid money but if it works out we will most likely get CL. He's not a velvet touched target man like Kanoute or Berbs but neither was Drogba. I would rather have him at that price than Paulinho at his if we can only have one mega signing this summer..... Having said all that I'd probably be just as satisfied with Holt or Lambert at 4m or so. Think we need someone physical who gives a lot, Bale will probably do most of the scoring again.

I dun mind to pay 25M for Benteke as long as we cash in a few millions from other surplus requirement. I am actually not content with the process of the latter.

For me he's definitely not worth the money being quoted and most likely not the hassle either.

So what do you and others think about 18M for Paulinho?

25M for Benteke sounds ridiculous for some people but its just 7 millions more than Pau's deal and we are talking about a striker.

Yeah, we need a big, strong, young striker, I think Benteke would fit the bill, maybe negotiate it down to 20. But please, defence has to sort itself out and stop giving away late or silly goals.

So if he joined us for £15 mil, there'd be a fair few on here spanking the monkey. But if he joins us for £10 mil more, they'd be aghast?

The guy is currently earning relative buttons - £20k per week, with three years to run, by all accounts. So, what we'd spend extra in a transfer fee to get him, we can save with his salary. No?

He's perfect for an incentive-laden contract. We give him a decent salary upgrade to start. If he wants the big money and exposure of the CL, it's perfectly reasonable to tell him we'll splash out to acquire him if a concession's made the other way. Then, when we get the title or a top-four finish after next season, both parties stand to benefit big time. The financial equation evens out in the end.

Keeps him honest in his efforts, keeps us willing to properly reward him for continuing his fine play. All we have to do is trot out Exhibit A, as in Adebayor, to illustrate our concern about going in too hard, too soon. Plus he gets to link up with two fellow Belgians which won't hurt his chances of earning a starting spot in Belgium's WC squad.

Win-win-win(Belgium incl.). Git 'er done, Danno.

Last edited:
I really do believe we will end up with Ba.

So you think Chelsea will sell Ba to a club that will be battling with them for a top 4 place?

The same team that club that vowed come what may not to sell them Modric?

And you think this will be done at a price agreeable to Levy?

I am decidedly underwhelmed by Benteke and amazed that we would pay £25m for him, especially when we have been linked with Gomez, Negredo and Soldado this summer. Imho, I think we need someone with guile and a predatory eye for goal and I don't think Benteke would offer this to the team?

Like Berbatov and Modric? Would you go back in time and not sign them if you had the chance, knowing what you know happened when the left?

So you think Chelsea will sell Ba to a club that will be battling with them for a top 4 place?

The same team that club that vowed come what may not to sell them Modric?

And you think this will be done at a price agreeable to Levy?

Nope.

Chelsea will never do proper business with us. They're right off the radar.

Like Berbatov and Modric? Would you go back in time and not sign them if you had the chance, knowing what you know happened when the left?

Too many good memories of sublime moments to undo those deals.

Benteke simply has to be taken for what he is - a bloodless mercenary. If he gets us to our goal(s) this coming season, then he'll remain on our roster. If not, he'll be gone, likely by mutual consent. As will a number of players. And AVB.

If as the papers suggest the price is £25m and it is between us and Chelsea, then I expect Chelsea to bid £35m this week

Back