• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Benteke

Benteke should be the player we bust the doors down for right now. This is a moment for DL to pay up. Get him in early, get a good pre-season and hit the ground running.

I agree with you Billy but at the same time we have been banging on about a striker for a while now. Ade, in my view, wasnt AVBs first option and to be frank I think most of us knew what was coming this season with Ade - we were warned by others.

In my view we cannot wait for the perfect striker, they will cost too much or wont come or are at such a premium we will be waiting a very long time. We need a striker and badly in my view. I dont think we should be splashing £20-£25m on a Benteke but we do need a striker.

I think people jump on the bandwagon - Michu? Benteke? Lambert? all proven it once in the premiership. Now I know bringing in a striker from outside the league will contradict the whole one season wonder as they will have had zero experience in the PL but they are cheaper.

fudge - 25m can buy you a Dzeko? Higuain? and then there is Benteke.

LOL...you don't remember me saying that last summer and getting laughed at?

LOL...you don't remember me saying that last summer and getting laughed at?

I couldnt hear you sayin that as I think your mouth was occupied doing stuff with AVB ;)

Well I think the sensible ones knew he wasnt AVBs first choice - I mean afterall he was a convenient purchase who didnt cost 'too much' in the grand scheme of things. AVB needs to be backed here with a striker, the thing is I dont even know what kind of striker he is looking for and usually you can tell but with AVB I cant.

I couldnt hear you sayin that as I think your mouth was occupied doing stuff with AVB ;)

Well I think the sensible ones knew he wasnt AVBs first choice - I mean afterall he was a convenient purchase who didnt cost 'too much' in the grand scheme of things. AVB needs to be backed here with a striker, the thing is I dont even know what kind of striker he is looking for and usually you can tell but with AVB I cant.

In your fantasies big-boy! :p but it was too early in our love affair mate, so I'm not having that!!!

I wish the 'sensible' ones were more vocal in discussion then, because all I remember were massive complaints about not getting the deal done earlier. Furthermore, given the fact he wasn't first choice, and given the disruption we know he can be when not a regular, I wonder how many people are prepared to accept how brave and ballsy it was of AVB to pick Defoe as his main forward at the start of the season and manage Ade in a away where he at least got 'something' out of him last season AND avoided dressing room meltdown? All while trying to turn the thinking around behind the scenes at the club AND prove that he had moved on from the Chelski debacle? Ah, sorry...got off-point there!

In answer to this, I think you do though mate. He wants hard-work, mobility and (obviously) goals from his starting forward. Villa would've suited in one sense whilst also bringing a winning mentality, but he decided against a challenge of living outside his comfort zone in the end (his choice, no criticism) and thus of all the options, I think it's clear that he sees Benteke as a player who fits the mould he wants...

Good banter!

I like Benteke. He's aggressive. He stays up top and doesn't wonder like Ade. Imagine the carnage Villa would have inflicted had they the likes of Bale and Paulinho running off his flicks and knock downs and the space he creates? At times he had 2 or 3 defenders committed - imagine if a team have to double mark him, AND Bale?

Benteke should be the player we bust the doors down for right now. This is a moment for DL to pay up. Get him in early, get a good pre-season and hit the ground running.

fudge yeah right on =D>=D>\o/

we snooze we lose.

In Dzeko's defence I don't think we have seen the half of what he's capable of. His PL form was not his Bundesliga form. I'm sure the rotation policy at city's not helping either. It's hard to justify the wages he now commands though, so he's not a realistic option for us.

I can't decide if Benteke is the one either.

Who do you suggest we sign and how much do you suggest we sign them for

If we truly now do have a proper box to box goal scoring midfielder, and we're switching to 4-3-3 then any striker we bring in should be back up to Gareth Bale anyway. It's two new wide players that fit the 4-3-3 system that we need to play either side of Bale.

In Dzeko's defence I don't think we have seen the half of what he's capable of. His PL form was not his Bundesliga form. I'm sure the rotation policy at city's not helping either. It's hard to justify the wages he now commands though, so he's not a realistic option for us.

It is difficult, and some fans just love to jump on a player after one season. As I've said I think Bale is our answer and we need two wide players to compliment him, but if we are planning on playing Bale wide right then we do need a forward and there are never any guarantees. This said I have not been impressed with Villa last season and strangely enough sometimes a standout player for a poor team is WHY the team is poor. Not saying that is the case with Benteke because I didn't see enough of him. The other thing is strikers thrive under different conditions, and Villa were a long ball team. Can Benteke thrive in a passing team?

I do think Benteke is more likely to be the next Demba Ba, Jelavic, Cisse or Odemwingie (all decent players, but nothing special) than Drogba (very special!) though. But I am also convinced he'll go further than Michu who is my tip for slipping into perennial averageness next season.

dzeko is on 100k plus a week and benteke is on 20k a week.....yeah benteke is defo more achievable.

Dzeko wont come. good player but not gonna happen.

United have a successful model of 4 strikers.....rvp rooney hernandez & welbeck.......assuming we keep defoe & ade that's 2 spaces we need but we at least need 3.
would be stoked if we could pull off a double deal for Nani and particularly Hernandez no idea what he's on at manu though??

dzeko is on 100k plus a week and benteke is on 20k a week.....yeah benteke is defo more achievable.

Dzeko wont come. good player but not gonna happen.

United have a successful model of 4 strikers.....rvp rooney hernandez & welbeck.......assuming we keep defoe & ade that's 2 spaces we need but we at least need 3.
would be stoked if we could pull off a double deal for Nani and particularly Hernandez no idea what he's on at manu though??

Now. I'd be very surprised if he accepted anything less than 90K a week at a new club.

Now. I'd be very surprised if he accepted anything less than 90K a week at a new club.

to be fair with wages its murky waters I don't know for a fact that benteke earns that or dzeko - we go by reports that we read. I would say that 20-30k a week is what he would be on and that's assumption.

assuming we agree a fee...well it seems to work these days by agreeing terms with a player first...anyway we could offer 50k going up to a max 65....70 at a push.....I don't know what ade or defoe is on but it would be similar to their rate I suppose. Its definitely more doable than dzeko because Emirates Marketing Project pay crazy wages!!!!!

maybe your right with that figure and that would be too much imo we should double what he's on and hope it is sufficient.

Who do you suggest we sign and how much do you suggest we sign them for

I'd worry he'd be another Michael Ricketts. He looks raw and all brawn and little brain to me. I know the age difference but would prefer someone with a bit more guile so would rather see us spend similar money on Soldado.

If we truly now do have a proper box to box goal scoring midfielder, and we're switching to 4-3-3 then any striker we bring in should be back up to Gareth Bale anyway. It's two new wide players that fit the 4-3-3 system that we need to play either side of Bale.

what makes you think Bale should be played in the center if we switch to 433?

I don't think Bale's strength is playing back to goal - not at all. Think him as the centre forward uses none of his strengths and exposes quite a few weaknesses

That is just a ridiculous attitude. If I were Bale and Spurs were making no attempt to bring in a quality striker I would not consider signing a new contract and the sooner I left Spurs the better.

Back