• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: OT - Can Chel$ki be stopped?

ha fecking ha I'm glad the chavs got the wrong end of the decisions yesterday,fecking smirking when everyone knew that goal didnt cross the line in the semi,and matteo blaming the ref yesterday,blah blah zzzzzzzz,go back and be fecking Roman's puppet.

The reaction time certainly wouldn't have earned him a false start in a sprint, would it.

Yep, SAF's "influence" with ref's continue.

- No way Torres sending off was a second yellow
- Hernandez was behind Cech (couldn't be more offside) for the winning goal.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team *sarcasm* but really not great to still see the SAF/Wenger lucky decisions still happen.

Hernandez definitely offside yes but do you not think Torres was guilty of attempting to deceive the referee?

He was certainly guilty of an attempt to deceive the referee. You can plot the time his brain takes to process the contact before his untouched left leg collapses.

Untouched? Evans kicks his shin, was a foul but I don't care, Chelsea deserve any bad luck they get.

Untouched? Evans kicks his shin, was a foul but I don't care, Chelsea deserve any bad luck they get.

Untouched, yes. The contact is with his right leg (or foot). His left leg is the one that collapses.

Great decision to send Torres off, took a lot of balls to do that at Stamford Bridge when they were already down to 10 men and Torres had already been booked. It was a blatant dive, a foolish decision from Torres, he deserved to be punished irrespective of the context.

I think it was a dive because he hurled himself to the ground, when some players are accused of diving, they have gone down after having their balance altered by a flailing leg from the opposition, in this instance Torres was barely touched yet still perceptibly (in slow-mo) chose to take to the ground when his balance was uncompromised and he was, at the time, no longer being challenged by an opponent.

He was certainly guilty of an attempt to deceive the referee. You can plot the time his brain takes to process the contact before his untouched left leg collapses.

agreed, its also his standing leg that gave way rather than the leg which received contact

definite dive

More from Graham Poll on referee Mark Clattenburg's decision to give Fernando Torres a second yellow card for allegedly diving in Chelsea's 3-2 defeat at home to Manchester United. as replays suggest defender Jonny Evans did make contact with the striker.

He told BBC Radio 5 live: "Clear contact was made but that's with the benefit of hindsight. It was at full speed so hard to detect. Torres going over didn't look that natural. He [Clattenburg] had a great view of it.

"Fifa instruct referees if any contact between players, you cannot caution for simulation. Mark is a top referee, He refereed the Olympic final in the summer. Categorically, whether we think law is right or wrong, Torres should not have been cautioned."

Poll knows.

He was clearly kicked, but it was the extra 1-2 steps he took before falling that made it look like a dive, but there was 100% contact.

I hate it when pundits/fans say "there was contact there so he was entitled to go down." You do not choose to go down, you go down involuntarily if you are fouled. Yes Evans missed the ball and made contact with Torres, but he goes down way after the contact.

I hate it when pundits/fans say "there was contact there so he was entitled to go down." You do not choose to go down, you go down involuntarily if you are fouled. Yes Evans missed the ball and made contact with Torres, but he goes down way after the contact.

I hate this too. It's ridiculous.

If a player A slides in and misses the ball and player B (if it is in the players way) then in my opinion it is still a free kick. Why? a) stopping the player in his tracks and b) it means distracting the player so to speak. A bit like someone shouting on the pitch saying 'mine' when its the opposition (if you know what I mean).

That's not true, not all fouls cause the player to naturally fall to the floor, doesn't stop it from still being a foul though.

That's not true, not all fouls cause the player to naturally fall to the floor, doesn't stop it from still being a foul though.

Agree with that, if someone is grabbing onto your shirt, that's a foul.

But people seem to think that any contact whatsover, no matter how miniscule it is entitles players to go to ground.

Agree with that, if someone is grabbing onto your shirt, that's a foul.

But people seem to think that any contact whatsover, no matter how miniscule it is entitles players to go to ground.

Yes but if it doesnt stop the player, or prevent him playing in a natural way, the ref will always give advantage without even mentioning it. Ref's know its a foul, but not every foul has to have play stopped.

Yes but if it doesnt stop the player, or prevent him playing in a natural way, the ref will always give advantage without even mentioning it. Ref's know its a foul, but not every foul has to have play stopped.

True. But nothing annoys me more than defenders grabbing onto players shirts in the box and going unpunished. Especially from corners. I wish refs would have the gonads to give more penalties. Carvalho is one of the worst offenders.

Back