• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Re: OT - Can Chel$ki be stopped?

It's actually 23: http://www.chelseafc.com/on-loan-players

Which is just taking the tinkle, really. Personally I'm for a limited loan system, and think clubs should be allowed a maximun squad size of lets say 25 players (permanent signings or on loan players) + a maximum of three players on loan. It would narrow the gap between rich clubs and poorer clubs, in the sense that a club with 28 players would have to sell before they buy.

So if lets say Emirates Marketing Project, are stuck with 28 players on ridiculously high wages that no other club would pay, they'd have a hard time getting rid of overpaid players before they could splash out another £30 million on a new overpaid player. I think this sort of limitation could potentially cool down the transfer market as well as making sure talented players are spread on more clubs - which in turn could contribute to a more level playing field.

All in my very naive opinion, of course.

Sorry to take this thread off topic, by the way. I don't think the title is Chelski's at all yet - the Manchesters will surely have quite a lot to say about that. I think Chelski will struggle against United on the weekend.

That's an amazing thing to read...thanks...I am actually appalled.

Haha sorry about that! I really think Man Utd will win 1-3

I'm almost certain Man Utd won't stop them. They haven't won at SB for 10 years (and that includes them under worse managers than RDM) and have looked a bit of a shambles at the back themselves recently.

I thought that the 3 matches vs the 2 North London clubs then Man utd would be a huge test and they've already come out with 6 points. They're already doing more than well enough in their first 'test'.

I still don't particularly rate Di Matteo but they've looked very good this season. Then again, hard not to considering the players they now have in midfield.

I'm almost certain Man Utd won't stop them. They haven't won at SB for 10 years (and that includes them under worse managers than RDM) and have looked a bit of a shambles at the back themselves recently.

I thought that the 3 matches vs the 2 North London clubs then Man utd would be a huge test and they've already come out with 6 points. They're already doing more than well enough in their first 'test'.

I still don't particularly rate Di Matteo but they've looked very good this season. Then again, hard not to considering the players they now have in midfield.

Actually I think the best way to defend and win against Chelski is to attack; they have not really got a recognised Defensive midfielder (i don't count Mikel as good enough) and if you attack them and keep them on the back foot like we did at times on Saturday and like how Shaktar did yesterday they don't have the means to push you back and then they get into a rut where they struggle to get possession back.

This imo is why not having Bale and Dembele was crucial, plus perhaps not bringing on another attacking player like Ade or Townsend (though I can understand why perhaps this wasn't done at the time). Manure have a crap defence atm but Fergie more than anyone else will know that the main way he can mitigate that is to attack, attack, attack; and there is no other team in the Prem atm better equipped to go all out to do this.
It also helps them that Chelsea's striker is not particulary playing well as an out-and-out striker so attacking from the off will probabaly be even more fruitful/less risky.

Expect to see both Nani and Valencia as well as Ronney AND Van Persie. This equals atack, attack, attack and GOALS.

I predict 4-2 to Manure

Actually I think the best way to defend and win against Chelski is to attack; they have not really got a recognised Defensive midfielder (i don't count Mikel as good enough) and if you attack them and keep them on the back foot like we did at times on Saturday and like how Shaktar did yesterday they don't have the means to push you back and then they get into a rut where they struggle to get possession back.

This imo is why not having Bale and Dembele was crucial, plus perhaps not bringing on another attacking player like Ade or Townsend (though I can understand why perhaps this wasn't done at the time). Manure have a crap defence atm but Fergie more than anyone else will know that the main way he can mitigate that is to attack, attack, attack; and there is no other team in the Prem atm better equipped to go all out to do this.
It also helps them that Chelsea's striker is not particulary playing well as an out-and-out striker so attacking from the off will probabaly be even more fruitful/less risky.

Expect to see both Nani and Valencia as well as Ronney AND Van Persie. This equals atack, attack, attack and GOALS.

I predict 4-2 to Manure

I agree about that these are their weaknesses and this is the best way to play them. Not sure which way it will go this weekend though because united have some gaping holes too. It will be interesting.

Can they be stopped? They are hardly running away with it. No one playing particularly well yet, Chelsea just have a bit more going forward than the rest at the moment. They will need to improve to stay top, as the Manc teams will get their act together before too long.

It's actually 23: http://www.chelseafc.com/on-loan-players

Which is just taking the tinkle, really. Personally I'm for a limited loan system, and think clubs should be allowed a maximun squad size of lets say 25 players (permanent signings or on loan players) + a maximum of three players on loan. It would narrow the gap between rich clubs and poorer clubs, in the sense that a club with 28 players would have to sell before they buy.

So if lets say Emirates Marketing Project, are stuck with 28 players on ridiculously high wages that no other club would pay, they'd have a hard time getting rid of overpaid players before they could splash out another £30 million on a new overpaid player. I think this sort of limitation could potentially cool down the transfer market as well as making sure talented players are spread on more clubs - which in turn could contribute to a more level playing field.

All in my very naive opinion, of course.

Sorry to take this thread off topic, by the way. I don't think the title is Chelski's at all yet - the Manchesters will surely have quite a lot to say about that. I think Chelski will struggle against United on the weekend.

That is scandalous.

I predict 4-2 to Manure

Well I was sort of almost kinda right...

Seems like the match had everything.

Good thing apart from Chelski losing is that now we'll REALLY get to see how good Di Matteo is. Sturridge will have to play on Wednesday and Torres, often takes big steps back in form when he's suspended.

Still, sadly, the Mancs would probabaly rather be in Chelski's position..wonder if Chelski will be able to avoid their usual November slump..

Last edited:

No Torres (who plays up front? Sturridge?), no Ivanovic (which means throwing Aziplicueta in) against a team like Swansea (who were awesome against City yesterday), it will be a great game, I think Chelsea will probably sneak it but Swansea have enough capable of upsetting the apple cart, if Vorm is out it'll be a big loss however.

No Torres (who plays up front? Sturridge?), no Ivanovic (which means throwing Aziplicueta in) against a team like Swansea (who were awesome against City yesterday), it will be a great game, I think Chelsea will probably sneak it but Swansea have enough capable of upsetting the apple cart, if Vorm is out it'll be a big loss however.

Huh?

Surely Torres will undergo his suspension in the league cup game on Wednesday.

Against Man United.. hang on, i see what they've done there...

Haha Chelsea finally stopped ... By Clattenburg if media reports are right!

Yep, SAF's "influence" with ref's continue.

- No way Torres sending off was a second yellow
- Hernandez was behind Cech (couldn't be more offside) for the winning goal.

Couldn't happen to a nicer team *sarcasm* but really not great to still see the SAF/Wenger lucky decisions still happen.

Answer to OP question:yes, but even against 9 men today it was tough for United. There will be lots of twists and turns this season and I don't think Chelsea will go the distance.

1351445481191.gif

Back