• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

It WAS random though. We weren't scouting him, he is not someone to rotate on Kulu's side and we only signed him because his agent called us NOT because we chased him. Yes, it was indeed good to get him on loan, but we could maybe have pushed more to get Zaniolo on loan instead?
What about a centre back who's better than Dier on loan?
Again, priorities and strategy...

I'm sure we had looked at him previous windows.

Yes, a good one. On the last day of the window and on loan (so then why not earlier), then leading to having to randomly cancel the contract of another player....

Yes, all of this explains our under performance since the beginning of the season and Conte slagging the club of since pretty much when he joined.

Yes, all of this explains our under performance since the beginning of the season and Conte slagging the club of since pretty much when he joined.

That's a different story there...and i agree Conte has underperformed.

My issues is that we can probably change the coach but some things at the top wont change...and we'll be stuck in this endless 'Spurzy' loop.
I mean, have things with Conte turned out much different to what was expected?

My point was that after over a year of not buying anyone the one we tied up first was Jack Clarke; i'm sure in Pochs mind the question would be why is that higher priority rather than the players rather than the player(s) i DO want?
Ditto can Spence not have waited until AFTER we had signed a rwb that Conte DID want?
Again, it's about priorities and i'm all for having a strategy for the future but that should play second to the NOW needs your manager wants sorted.
If we had a RWB Conte actually wanted signed and ready to get integrated, cool sign a Spence as an understudy/loan away option etc.
But we didn't, yet we spent probably the most time trying to get Spence compared to all the other transfers we signed. And when RWB was a clear weakness....

As i say, we've seen that before under Poch with Clarke and no doubt will see such waste again with future ones. If they can do this with Conte (who as i say we KNOW is one of the most combustible people in the game) we will do it with anyone..

We saw it with bale and walker too.

Go on then Mason for a few weeks. Then appoint the new boss before the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game to see if we can take advantage of the 'new manager bounce' at the time we really need it???

But yet all our fans can do it and then expect them to perform.

I would imagine most work places would give their lazy staff a gonad*ing and give them an ultimatum if they are not living up to expectations.
Most workers in most places tend to work to their 'target'. Very few humans have a nature that sees them want to absolutely smash their targets. The target for Spurs is CL qualification. Until that target properly changes we are unlikely to see us do any better than that.

My issues is that we can probably change the coach but some things at the top wont change...and we'll be stuck in this endless 'Spurzy' loop.

Yes, this is very different to what I expected. Cast your mind back to August, after we signed some very good players, and see if you weren’t optimistic. Conte has massively dropped the ball for the club. He’s taken the tinkle, slagged us off and sacked off very winnable cup competitions. He needs to be fudged off sharpish.

Danjuma wasn't signed randomly. Conte wanted one in for every one out. Gil went out on loan, so we signed Danjuma, who was probably the best we could have gotten at the time. No point in committing millions for a player who was replacing one going out on loan. That's how you end up with a bloated squad and then everyone complaining we can't shift players.
He plays on the other side of the pitch. Conte wanted to lose Gil to get Zaniolo and Zaniolo was available

Ok, so our next game is away to Everton (Sean Dyche vs Ryan Mason..gulp:eek:)

Who do we think will start for us? What formation? Will we go for a midfield 3?
Will Peresic more likely be used as a forward when he plays?
Will Sarr play more?
Will anyone be the new Ndombele (i.e. barely get any minutes at all compared to what people expect)?

Are you telling me we had to rush to get Clarke instead of Lo Celso or Sessegnon?
I mean i could see it if Clarke was a first teamer who was going straight into the first team, on tour etc, but was he really?
Again, you saw how this affected Poch's mood...
I think Pochettino would've preferred us to have allocated that money we spent signing Clarke to up our offer for Bruno Fernandes who he actually wanted.

Indeed. We keep on changing the coach. We've not had the same manager start and end the season since 2019. Two of those coaches are amongst the most decorated coaches presently in the game. At what point do people accept that the reason our football club doesn't win things isn't due to the coach?

Yes, this is very different to what I expected. Cast your mind back to August, after we signed some very good players, and see if you weren’t optimistic. Conte has massively dropped the ball for the club. He’s taken the tinkle, slagged us off and sacked off very winnable cup competitions. He needs to be fudged off sharpish.

I'm usually optimistic when we've beaten other rivals to fourth place and then gone on a spending spree; though there was always that nagging feeling we weren't improving the starting 11 but the squad (fine in itself) and Conte was already signalling things with his 'club signing' comments re Spence....here we go...

Conte made his position untenable on Saturday....my feeling is that not much will change in terms of how things go sour with our managers until our ownership does

Back