• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

We also have a favourable run of games that I now have no faith in picking up the points we should based on Conte sabotaging

We lost to Sheffield United and Wolves, were a saved penalty away from squandering a lead at home to Forest, and caved in yesterday before he uttered a word in the press conference.

We'd be third were it not for a dodgy penalty yesterday - either Conte is working miracles or the players are better than you give them credit for.
Works both ways though - some on here keep referencing how much Conte is underperforming with this squad yet like you say, a penalty in injury time away from third.

As always, the truth lies somewhere inbetween and reality we are about par….

We lost to Sheffield United and Wolves, were a saved penalty away from squandering a lead at home to Forest, and caved in yesterday before he uttered a word in the press conference.

None of which is anything to do with him and his negative tactics no? You would have to go along way to solely blame the club (who I believe also shoulder blame) when he finished 4th had 130m + another 50m on Porro players only for him to take us backwards and make us look disjointed all season.

I mean I know people want to blame Levy and the board and I get it, I do to an extent, but he is part of the problem and not the GHod he is making himself to be to fans.

Works both ways though - some on here keep referencing how much Conte is underperforming with this squad yet like you say, a penalty in injury time away from third.

But you don’t concede the penalty of your team are set up in a better way … maybe a way encouraging them to attack for instance instead of defend… defend… defend

But you don’t concede the penalty of your team are set up in a better way … maybe a way encouraging them to attack for instance instead of defend… defend… defend
Who knows mate. If we were more attacking like everyone wants, with our awful defence we might have lost and conceded more. Yes, we might have won 7-0. Point is, nobody knows - but it will at least be a better watch regardless than what is currently being served up.

We have some very exciting players, unfortunately some of them are out on loan. Might aswell get in a coach who is going to use them….

I wouldn't say par, i would say about our norm.
This squad ability wise is much like the one at the end of pochs time is better than it is showing.
They just don't know how or don't want to make it count.

Who knows mate. If we were more attacking like everyone wants, with our awful defence we might have lost and conceded more. Yes, we might have won 7-0. Point is, nobody knows - but it will at least be a better watch regardless than what is currently being served up.

We have some very exciting players, unfortunately some of them are out on loan. Might aswell get in a coach who is going to use them….
Utter gonad*s I’m afraid when it comes to blaming the defence. It’s his tactics
United played these with 10 men and attacked more than we did
We made them look like a solid side because tactically we invited it on
That’s all on conte
If he wants to play counter attacking his subs didn’t show that

Then that begs the question of why the rant if the set of selfish players, in his words were also a penalty away from 3rd? Smacks of desperation and reaching on his part regardless how its painted

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Utter gonad*s I’m afraid when it comes to blaming the defence. It’s his tactics
United played these with 10 men and attacked more than we did
We made them look like a solid side because tactically we invited it on
That’s all on conte
If he wants to play counter attacking his subs didn’t show that
I’m not blaming the defence - I’m saying the defence is poor which it is, and has been said on here a million times before.

All I’m saying is playing more attacking football doesn’t automatically mean you will win - especially when you have a defence as vulnerable as ours. I’ve not once said I agree with Contes tactics, but you like me are armchair fans and I know full well things aren’t as simple as what you like to portray…..

Thought it needed to be said personally

As poorly as he's performing there is also no excuse for the mentality of the players. And it's doesn't matter if it's new players, new squad etc. As a club our mentality is weak, we don't have an identity that everyone can buy into. Are we a mega club? No. But at the same time we posture like we are one of the big boys. Are we a small club? No. But some of our dealings and the attitude we show are of one. 3-1 up to the bottom club, Conte, the supporters and the ball boys should have been able to start the journey home safe in the knowledge the points were secure, as usual we fold. Like we have year after year, manager after manager. For me Tottenham isn't a club that players come to, to challenge themselves and push to the next level, it's a club where you can hide under pretending that you want to be elite but without doing what's required.

Why don't we have any defenders, both Jose and Conte now have gone ultra defensive after seeing there is no point playing expansive football. I see posters saying we should attack more. Jose gave up with that after the West Ham comeback. I'm sick of it. Buying players the manager doesn't want, when you know the ethos of the manager is an act in self sabotage. Conte is getting a lot of things wrong, but if you wanna compare he's recent record to the clubs then there is only one winner there.

I actually hope he doesn't leave, scorched earth policy and take everybody out that stands in the way of forging a club that wants to win. Cause this is all great for Levy every two years replace the manager rinse and repeat. Will be 2027 and Sanchez and Dier will still be in the squad.

Then that begs the question of why the rant if the set of selfish players, in his words were also a penalty away from 3rd? Smacks of desperation and reaching on his part regardless how its painted

Because his rant is what it was, a rant? You know, like the rants people on here go on about right after a defeat? He is human. Like I said, I thought when I saw the comments he made he just wanted to get sacked. But having seen the video, I just think he’s utterly fudged off….

I’m not blaming the defence - I’m saying the defence is poor which it is, and has been said on here a million times before.

All I’m saying is playing more attacking football doesn’t automatically mean you will win - especially when you have a defence as vulnerable as ours. I’ve not once said I agree with Contes tactics, but you like me are armchair fans and I know full well things aren’t as simple as what you like to portray…..
Their defence was missing its CBS
They literally had none on the pitch
Yet our spineless coward of a manager chose for us to go defensive

Because his rant is what it was, a rant? You know, like the rants people on here go on about right after a defeat? He is human. Like I said, I thought when I saw the comments he made he just wanted to get sacked. But having seen the video, I just think he’s utterly fudged off….
So he can rant like a fan when he is paid to be proffesional where we pay and follow the club for alot longer than the 20 years he mentions and definitely the year and bit he has been here. Come on now, you can't turn round and say that rant yesterday as the head coach of Tottenham was proffesional and helpful on any level and say it with a straight face

He is entirely complicit In his own criticism and his rant has a bearing on the season which you might as well now right off because of it....that's alot different that fans on a message board FFS

So he can rant like a fan when he is paid to be proffesional where we pay and follow the club for alot longer than the 20 years he mentions and definitely the year and bit he has been here. Come on now, you can't turn round and say that rant yesterday as the head coach of Tottenham was proffesional and helpful on any level and say it with a straight face

He is entirely complicit In his own criticism and his rant has a bearing on the season which you might as well now right off because of it....that's alot different that fans on a message board FFS

Sorry mate, you keep going off in different directions. You asked the question, why the rant? I answered that. Now you’re commenting on whether it was professional etc, that’s a different thing altogether. Although he’s hardly the first coach to let his emotion get the better of him is he. I’m not even sticking up for him, just saying….

Sorry mate, you keep going off in different directions. You asked the question, why the rant? I answered that. Now you’re commenting on whether it was professional etc, that’s a different thing altogether. Although he’s hardly the first coach to let his emotion get the better of him is he. I’m not even sticking up for him, just saying….
I really haven't, you mentioned a penalty away from third so I asked why the rant against players who were that close to third (I also addressed the point earlier in an earlier post about if things were really as bad as his rant warranted) you then mentioned because he was frustrated like a fan and I have questioned the validity of him having the same right to vent like a fan as the head coach of the side...that's not a different direction its all

Let's be honest, that wasn't a rant like the norm, it was an embarrassing rant on the level of Rafa and the facts and whoever the cnut was about Ostriches....he has shown his arse

Back