• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Today's performance sums up in a nutshell why I want Conte gone. And no, it was not because we drew against Southampton, but rather because Conte has made watching Spurs such a tedious and painful process.

Let's face it, even if Southampton had not got the penalty at the end can any of you actually say you were entertained this afternoon?
I had stopped watching Spurs partly because of Conte. To be honest, Levy shouldn't fire him yet. He should wait till end of season. The guy wants to get fired for a big payoff. Daniel, keep him on.

By the way, how big an impact was the death of that coach? It looks like that guy may have been the friendly motivating member. It says a lot that play improved under Stellini.

NB I am not excusing the players. Some people have no business been in the first 11.

Conte accused his squad of all being selfish. Yet he was happy to blame anyone but for himself. Something very hypocritical about that. These are his players, he’s had 3 transfer windows to build the team that he wanted and has spent in excess of £200m if you include the Porro deal. And yet we’re as bad as we were under Nuno.

Bye Conte. Thanks for your moaning to the media. Yes some of what you said has been correct. BUT a manager is there to guide a team, to lead, motivate and inspire a team and if you’re saying that these players aren’t motivated as a team then it seems that you haven’t done your job to the level that’s required at this club so bye bye.

Don't read the comments. Watch it. I hate it. Think he's sacked. Some home truths. But it is epic.

"They, they, they, they" doesn't sound like he wants to be part of the collective.

He needs to go ASAP. Surely what he has said is grounds for dismissal and should save levy a few million in compensation.

We actually have the luxury of having a few very good managers possibly available to us and a decent squad for them to work with.

"They, they, they, they" doesn't sound like he wants to be part of the collective.

He needs to go ASAP. Surely what he has said is grounds for dismissal and should save levy a few million in compensation.

We actually have the luxury of having a few very good managers possibly available to us and a decent squad for them to work with.

Decent squad. Average squad.

Yesterday we allowed 19 shots by the worst team in the league (and we had less shots AND less on target).

You can say what you want about the players and there's some brick there, but the tactics and instructions and formation is on Conte. Should have gone in January.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Exactly, the irony of the claims of selfish whilst he rants for 10 minutes without mentioning "I" except when he mentions how much he is paid....I mean you couldn't make it up

The bloke is paid 15m to manage the squad including their attitudes, not pull the club through the mud and claim innocence in it all....for that alone he can go.

Mondays fine....see ya

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Just now seen the result and read Conte’s comments.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. From one who thought there was a chance he’d stay on but now it’s clear he doesn’t want to be here so bugger off. Now.
I'm absolutely opposite! I've waited for this Conte! Finally some passion again! Shame he's been, like he said, hiding it, for so long. I fully agree with him! This is what I expected from him, and what I want to see!
Will be interesting to see what kind of reaction he gets from the players!

I'm absolutely opposite! I've waited for this Conte! Finally some passion again! Shame he's been, like he said, hiding it, for so long. I fully agree with him! This is what I expected from him, and what I want to see!

There’s passion, and there’s blaming the team but not taking responsibility for his own mistakes. Even if these players are selfish, why hasn’t he improved the team in spite of having spent about £200m? Why hasn’t he got these players to fight and work hard as a team? If that’s not his responsibility as manager then what the fudge is he doing? Just adding 11 players on a team sheet and sending them out to play without any real tactical ideas or motivation?

Having slept on it though, I don't get it to some extent, who is he aiming his rant at...Selfish players? Who? Lloris who is out injured? Perisic who is his man but in his twilight? Skipp who gives his all? Sarr who he climed is fighting hard in training, Ben Davies who is wholehearted? Porro who has been here 5 mins? Son who he picks regardless and is one of the most known good guys in football? Kane? Richy who went off injured after 5? Or is he talking about the others he does not give a chance to and maybe have an attitude because of that?

The more I think about it the more I think its playing up to the crowd and using a previous Spurs narrative to have a pop. Even yesterday we lost to a penalty that was not a penalty playing to a tactic that was notoriously his to sit back, but I would not say it was selfish, unlucky maybe, not selfish though.

Like I have said previously, there are many narratives that surround Spurs that are easy for people to play up to, blame the players (despite there being a new manager and basically new set of players bar 4 (one of which is injured and one thats a record goal scorer). For me he has been cleaver to stick a line in the sand and try and get the fans to pick sides....

Also, again something I said previously, he clearly knew the history of the club.....yesterday proved it, then asks the question, why come into a situation, with your eyes open to the task at hand, knowing the "two previous managers" and all that came before? Money? Ego? Regardless he knew what he was getting into and if it was only money he should still keep his head down and get to the root of the issues, not act like he did not know when he admits in his rant he knew....you don't get to complain about something you knew needed fixing and putting yourself in the role to do it and failing. No one forced him to take a 15m a year job at Spurs

Also would he have had that rant had we held on??? Course not and thats the mark of the man, if we won and he said "we did it despite being selfish" I would have more time for him because those issues would still exists without the result, but it smacks of excuse making and playing up to the crowd

Last edited:
Doesn’t feel like he said it to get a reaction from the players, more like a parting shot as he has one foot out the door. I expected it from him earlier when he was in a position of strength to do something about it.

Porro looks like a good player, but Royal wasn't a problem, LWB has been though, and another dropped assignment from Perisic led directly to the 2nd goal today.

Taking Davies out of the back three has hurt us, he's a much better player than Lenglet, hopefully its not a serious injury.

Royal wasn't a problem?? What colour is the sky in your planet? He's improved since we bought Porro, before that he was a liability, with zero creative output as a wing back before that.

Out all day yesterday. Just seen the Conte interview this am. Wow!

He speaks some uncomfortable home truths in this rant. I don't agree with him airing those in public but he wears his heart on his sleeve and boy, you can see the frustration that's been building inside. It's almost disbelief from him when he says "I've never had this situation before", and this is key. He can't understand why his tried and trusted methods aren't working with us. He clearly doesnt think he's the problem so what is it? Are the players not listening to me or are they just dumb? Are they not good enough or is their attitude all wrong? He sounds like a man who is repeatedly banging his head against a brick wall, has had enough and wants out. He will surely get his wish now.

It just feels like a never ending cycle of hope followed by disappointment for us beleaguered fans and just changing the manager will not break the cycle. We may see some improvement in the football being played but the underlying problems will remain.

Yep agree and whilst I like Tuchel I fear he would suffer the same fate as Mourinho and Conte considering our poor defence. Since Poch left only once have we spent decent money on a centre back. That is a monumental dereliction of duty from the people running the club.

Apparently Poch won’t come for both this reason and because he is Florentino Perez’s choice to replace Ancelotti whenever it is that he leaves.

We need to therefore find a project type manager who can get us EL most seasons and the occasional CL place.

De Zerbi would probably be best for that.

But when you think how doped and corrupt the league is who really cares anymore.

which Arsenal appear to be navigating with an ordinary squad just fine.

Having slept on it though, I don't get it to some extent, who is he aiming his rant at...Selfish players? Who? Lloris who is out injured? Perisic who is his man but in his twilight? Skipp who gives his all? Sarr who he climed is fighting hard in training, Ben Davies who is wholehearted? Porro who has been here 5 mins? Son who he picks regardless and is one of the most known good guys in football? Kane? Richy who went off injured after 5? Or is he talking about the others he does not give a chance to and maybe have an attitude because of that?

The more I think about it the more I think its playing up to the crowd and using a previous Spurs narrative to have a pop. Even yesterday we lost to a penalty that was not a penalty playing to a tactic that was notoriously his to sit back, but I would not say it was selfish, unlucky maybe, not selfish though.

Like I have said previously, there are many narratives that surround Spurs that are easy for people to play up to, blame the players (despite there being a new manager and basically new set of players bar 4 (one of which is injured and one thats a record goal scorer). For me he has been cleaver to stick a line in the sand and try and get the fans to pick sides....

Also, again something I said previously, he clearly knew the history of the club.....yesterday proved it, then asks the question, why come into a situation, with your eyes open to the task at hand, knowing the "two previous managers" and all that came before? Money? Ego? Regardless he knew what he was getting into and if it was only money he should still keep his head down and get to the root of the issues, not act like he did not know when he admits in his rant he knew....you don't get to complain about something you knew needed fixing and putting yourself in the role to do it and failing. No one forced him to take a 15m a year job at Spurs

Also would he have had that rant had we held on??? Course not and thats the mark of the man, if we won and he said "we did it despite being selfish" I would have more time for him because those issues would still exists without the result, but it smacks of excuse making and playing up to the crowd
No one can name 1 player who isnt giving their all. Crippled by loss of form and tactical instruction yo not want the ball - yes. But no one isnt giving their all

Where I'm really disappointed with Conte is that he has not been more ruthless in addressing the problems he is now highlighting. If he can see the problems and call them out in an interview then why has he not done something to fix it? Was that not exactly why he was hired? .

Ultimately, though, he’s hamstrung by those at the top of the club, same as every other manager in the last 20 years.

It doesn’t excuse his tactics, or his inability to motivate the players, but explains why he - like Poch, Mourinho, Redknapp, Jol and the revolving door of others - never manage to get us across the line.

Back