• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Best frontline in the league. 5 really strong CMs. Good FB options. A world class CB.

Watch these lot fly when the handbrake comes off

Off form front line in the league.

Similar Bang average CMs.

Very average FBs.

One solid CB.

Ultimately, though, he’s hamstrung by those at the top of the club, same as every other manager in the last 20 years.

It doesn’t excuse his tactics, or his inability to motivate the players, but explains why he - like Poch, Mourinho, Redknapp, Jol and the revolving door of others - never manage to get us across the line.

Conte has not even managed to navigate us past Championship sides in the cups, I would not even have him up there with the others you mention at Spurs who at least got us to finals and semi finals. We could also argue all day on why we never won one of those finals, I would not say its about selfish players.

I would also not credit Conte by being able to conflate cup failures with not being able to beat Wolves, Sheffield United or Southampton or having 4 losses and 1 draw in our last 5 away games.

Ultimately, though, he’s hamstrung by those at the top of the club, same as every other manager in the last 20 years.

It doesn’t excuse his tactics, or his inability to motivate the players, but explains why he - like Poch, Mourinho, Redknapp, Jol and the revolving door of others - never manage to get us across the line.

£200 on 15 new players is a hamstring his predecessors would have dreamt of. Poch worked off zero net spend across his reign

Bari aside though (don't know too much about them), he spends a fair amount of money at those teams to get in the players he wants to win those titles, certainly relative to other teams in the league. He did at Chelsea too. He hasn't had that luxury at Spurs.

Yep and nobody will have that luxury. So for the love of GHod Levy get a manager who will just make do with whatever you dish up or sod off. And honestly I want them to go. Cos this will always happen. He done it under everyone we have ever had. Poch wants a wyjandulm gets sissoko... Jose wants someone gets someone else. Conte wants someone gets Spence. I know we are not gonna get everyone we want but it's habitual.
Having said all that. conte and previous managers have been stubborn and decisions been made which at times just beggars belief.

Read one tweet "the fact that sanchez will outlast Poch, Mou, Conte is an indicator of the problem we have at Spurs"

I don't think it is about just being winners though, you also have to be a different level of player to the ones we have. Every player wants to win. But if we had a team of players with Kane's ability and application in every position, there is no doubt on my mind we would win trophies. Similarly if Kane moved to another team with better players he would not only break records but win trophies. The business model we have here of not buying the really top quality players but rather buying rough diamonds to polish works for the owners but is not enough to bring us consistent success unfortunately.
Or any success!!

I think it’s a decent squad. If it was an average squad then we would be a midtable team. We’re not. Yes there are weaknesses but we also have some very good players even if they’ve not been all at it for all of this season.
We could well end up being when everyone plays their games in hand!

I'm absolutely opposite! I've waited for this Conte! Finally some passion again! Shame he's been, like he said, hiding it, for so long. I fully agree with him! This is what I expected from him, and what I want to see!
Will be interesting to see what kind of reaction he gets from the players!
None. They will down tools and he will be off

Just now seen the result and read Conte’s comments.
Don’t let the door hit you on the way out. From one who thought there was a chance he’d stay on but now it’s clear he doesn’t want to be here so bugger off. Now.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/65004422
I've just watched it, and I don't think that is someone trying to get sacked, that is someone who cares enough to say it how he sees it. He's obviously a hot headed Italian, and he may even regret his outburst today, but that was from the heart IMO.

Out all day yesterday. Just seen the Conte interview this am. Wow!

He speaks some uncomfortable home truths in this rant. I don't agree with him airing those in public but he wears his heart on his sleeve and boy, you can see the frustration that's been building inside. It's almost disbelief from him when he says "I've never had this situation before", and this is key. He can't understand why his tried and trusted methods aren't working with us. He clearly doesnt think he's the problem so what is it? Are the players not listening to me or are they just dumb? Are they not good enough or is their attitude all wrong? He sounds like a man who is repeatedly banging his head against a brick wall, has had enough and wants out. He will surely get his wish now.

It just feels like a never ending cycle of hope followed by disappointment for us beleaguered fans and just changing the manager will not break the cycle. We may see some improvement in the football being played but the underlying problems will remain.

We turn all managers this way in the end

We'd be third were it not for a dodgy penalty yesterday - either Conte is working miracles or the players are better than you give them credit for.
When luck is running out this what happens. We winning despite our performances. It could have been a nervy ending at Forest for blooming sake. We ain't getting points at castle,pool....

We'd be third were it not for a dodgy penalty yesterday - either Conte is working miracles or the players are better than you give them credit for.

We’re surrounded by teams with a number of games in hand. Once those are played there’s a good chance that we’re 5th, 6th or even 7th.

I am still in Wales, with the worst in internet connection around by the feel of it. By the time I get back and take Mrs PW for a meal I fully expect to be reading some sort of press release saying he is toast

We’re surrounded by teams with a number of games in hand. Once those are played there’s a good chance that we’re 5th, 6th or even 7th.
Not actually gonna happen as their games in hand are vs each other in some cases
But I agree with your principle

Last edited:
Back