• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

No idea either but i find it funny that our manager who talks about selfishness from the players is jetting off with his coaching team at the first opportunity - wonder who works with the players not on international duty during these breaks?
Do they not get a few days off from training for international break? If not, then maybe it is pack your bags time….

No idea either but i find it funny that our manager who talks about selfishness from the players is jetting off with his coaching team at the first opportunity - wonder who works with the players not on international duty during these breaks?
You would think he would be expected to coach those that remain at tthe club, havent seen squads but imagine alot of selfish first teamers are left to be trained....seems odd to be jetting off

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Was spotted at Stanstead with Stellini & co running off to Italy this morning

EhpO9yCWoAUeVOn

They probably do tbf
Dreadful optics as a club after the nature of the comments unless they have said, go clear your head and comeback fresh.

Weird though as he spent more time away than here

I suppose we will see

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Just watched the presser, have to say i agree with him.
Also, at one point was he alluding to the players not trying because of the rumours of a new manager?

Thought it needed to be said personally

As poorly as he's performing there is also no excuse for the mentality of the players. And it's doesn't matter if it's new players, new squad etc. As a club our mentality is weak, we don't have an identity that everyone can buy into. Are we a mega club? No. But at the same time we posture like we are one of the big boys. Are we a small club? No. But some of our dealings and the attitude we show are of one. 3-1 up to the bottom club, Conte, the supporters and the ball boys should have been able to start the journey home safe in the knowledge the points were secure, as usual we fold. Like we have year after year, manager after manager. For me Tottenham isn't a club that players come to, to challenge themselves and push to the next level, it's a club where you can hide under pretending that you want to be elite but without doing what's required.

Why don't we have any defenders, both Jose and Conte now have gone ultra defensive after seeing there is no point playing expansive football. I see posters saying we should attack more. Jose gave up with that after the West Ham comeback. I'm sick of it. Buying players the manager doesn't want, when you know the ethos of the manager is an act in self sabotage. Conte is getting a lot of things wrong, but if you wanna compare he's recent record to the clubs then there is only one winner there.

I actually hope he doesn't leave, scorched earth policy and take everybody out that stands in the way of forging a club that wants to win. Cause this is all great for Levy every two years replace the manager rinse and repeat. Will be 2027 and Sanchez and Dier will still be in the squad.
Conte may have made some observations in his presser that chime with supporters.

However, Imho he was not just having a go at the players but also the entire management structure at the club. But all that said he is completely the wrong guy for the this club. He is not changing and neither is the way the club is doing its business.

Conte can throw his toys out of the pram and damn everyone but himself, but fact of the matter is: he's been these player's boss for a long time now. He's de facto responsible for what is going on on the pitch. You can blame external factors all you want, or concede that you're part of the problem. Conte is clearly too proud to admit he's part of the problem. Which is fine, but I hope people see it.

To get a good football team up and running you do need a lot of luck. And it's obviously easier if you've got unlimited cash, as a lot of our opponents, but even our next door neighbors, as much as I hate to admit it, is proving this season that as long as you get the right cogs in a machinery, a little rub of the green, some feelgood from supporters - everything is possible.

So you know, this isn't hopeless. We aren't really cursed. Football is a game. There's margins all the time. What one set of 11 players did yesterday has got nothing to do with our fudgeups a few years back, even though we supporters perpetuate that story.

We just need some feelgood back. We have some excellent players, but the current boss isn't doing much to get them to play together, and seems to be part of the problem.

Reset and try again. I'd get Poch back for a bit of feelgood. We were literally margins away from winning the Champions League with him. He was our man. Didn't get backed. We fudged up. Imagine him back with the love of the fans, backing from the board - it could be glorious. It's worth the risk. Don't think we shouldn't do it just to save us the embarrassment of it not working - so what? It's worth a shot, in my opinion.

Up the Spurs!

Literally name one player who isn't trying. Call them out.

They are trying, they are just crippled by negativity and shot confidence.

I didn't see the game yesterday, so can't comment on that specifically.
The players are doing plenty of running, but there's a big difference in working and trying.

Sorry, don't buy this handbrake stuff, we are now into four managers with the same problems.
Its not a handbrake, its an inability to handle pressure.

If a player is not good enough it is wrong to throw them under the bus and claim they are NOT trying.

Persic was his first signing in the summer, I cannot accuse him of not trying, the truth is his legs have gone and he is no longer good enough.

Persic has proven to be a poor signing however has Conte accepted any responsibility.

Conte may have made some observations in his presser that chime with supporters.

However, Imho he was not just having a go at the players but also the entire management structure at the club. But all that said he is completely the wrong guy for the this club. He is not changing and neither is the way the club is doing its business.

Irony of all ironies being we would have had a home QF cup draw if him and his coaching team had much about them today and yesterday would never have happened. Amazing how things work and snowball in football TBH

The greatest irony is that we’re all sick of him not rotating, not changing anything up. He’s complaining about the players — and there is definitely a point somewhere in his rant — but he keeps picking those same players no matter what.

Royal wasn't a problem?? What colour is the sky in your planet? He's improved since we bought Porro, before that he was a liability, with zero creative output as a wing back before that.

it's a defensive position, he's a good defender

the ones down the left, other than Davies, are bad defenders, who have cost us a lot of goals

I tend to agree with the view that there is some validity in quite a lot of what he said. However, he totally undermined himself by deflecting every single molecule of blame away from himself. He now has absolutely zero credibility. It is blindingly obvious, for example, that he has no plan B and that his tactics haven’t evolved in the slightest to suit the squad at his disposal. So to shift the blame to all corners - players, chairman, owners, fans - except his own is ludicrous. Frankly, I’d suggest that his decision to pass the buck rather than front up and accept some responsibility is extremely selfish. Which is rather ironic.

today is a day off probably, sounds like they are scouting someone, they'll still be at training tomorrow most likely

Back