• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You do realise it’s probably more to do with ENIC than the manager in what is being prioritised?

The beloved Poch fielded weakened teams a plenty in all cup competions, and if I could be bothered could easily list a number of embarrassing cup exits with him in charge. It’s been a poor week or two going out of two cup competitions, but it’s nothing new….
Our weakened sides still managed to get us to two FA Cup Semi finals and a League Cup final. It was a happy squad. Now everyone looks miserable.

97061158-DA84-40E0-9345-6F90BAC280AA.png
As for Danjuma, you would have thought that a goal on his debut would give him some credit, but he has effectively been ignored since then. Am I really suppose to believe that he has hardly played because he has been poor in training?

no
It’s because conte confirmed he is a club signing

We’ve had 5 more extra trophy-less years since then. And Poch at least took us two a couple of finals and a few semis. It was the players who let him down in those big matches. Conte isn’t even putting us in the position to get there.
Er, Conte has been with us a year. Poch was with us five years to get us to some cup latter stages. Poch also by his own admission also got sacked early on. So you need a bit more time to make that sort of judgement, which I’m sure you will be happy to do being a patient Spurs fan and all that….

Our club is so weird. How can we not make it work?

A surprise fourth place last year, still very much in contention for fourth this year, but very patchy form, poor in the knockout competitions, some good signings (Kulu, Bentancur) and some that clearly haven’t worked (yet) and it all seems set to implode again.

Our club is so weird. How can we not make it work?

A surprise fourth place last year, still very much in contention for fourth this year, but very patchy form, poor in the knockout competitions, some good signings (Kulu, Bentancur) and some that clearly haven’t worked (yet) and it all seems set to implode again.
Imploding is a bit strong - we’ve had a bad couple of weeks no doubt. Liverpool had a bad couple of months, people on here were stupidly laughing at them - now look. All of a sudden thing are more positive at Chelsea. Things change very quickly in football and I’ve no doubt there will be an upturn in our form very soon. Doesn’t mean I’m fully behind Conte, but he is likely here until end of the season so might aswell get on with it and get behind the team and take stock then….

Imploding is a bit strong - we’ve had a bad couple of weeks no doubt. Liverpool had a bad couple of months, people on here were stupidly laughing at them - now look. All of a sudden thing are more positive at Chelsea. Things change very quickly in football and I’ve no doubt there will be an upturn in our form very soon. Doesn’t mean I’m fully behind Conte, but he is likely here until end of the season so might aswell get on with it and get behind the team and take stock then….
Football is all about the last result
We actually have had a bad 7 days
But today is all that matters

Do you think managers know what their fans are thinking and feeling about them? From reading/hearing stuff online, or (more likely) having that relayed to them by a member of staff? Feels a bit tone deaf for Conte to think fans are just annoyed at lack of trophies, as opposed to dull football and strange squad management.

Er, Conte has been with us a year. Poch was with us five years to get us to some cup latter stages. Poch also by his own admission also got sacked early on. So you need a bit more time to make that sort of judgement, which I’m sure you will be happy to do being a patient Spurs fan and all that….

We got to a final in his first season iirc

Do you think managers know what their fans are thinking and feeling about them? From reading/hearing stuff online, or (more likely) having that relayed to them by a member of staff? Feels a bit tone deaf for Conte to think fans are just annoyed at lack of trophies, as opposed to dull football and strange squad management.

Especially when he has overseen two cup KOs in just over a week

We got to a final in his first season iirc
He did yeah, but didn’t get CL which Conte did within months. It’s all about somehow finding that magical balance of winning a trophy whilst securing CL football. Beyond obtaining an oil type owner, goodness knows what the answer is….

He did yeah, but didn’t get CL which Conte did within months. It’s all about somehow finding that magical balance of winning a trophy whilst securing CL football. Beyond obtaining an oil type owner, goodness knows what the answer is….

Given his track record I'm skeptical Conte is the type of manager to balance full tilt league campaigns with cup football tbh and i haven't seen anything this season or last to suggest that's likely to change. 1 game a week seems to be when he comes alive

Given his track record I'm skeptical Conte is the type of manager to balance full tilt league campaigns with cup football tbh and i haven't seen anything this season or last to suggest that's likely to change. 1 game a week seems to be when he comes alive

I mean its par for the course for most managers, but Conte was known at Chelsea for his comments about performances when he had to factor two games a week and despite him being in his relative infancy in management (others words not mine) his record in cups reflects it. He won the league with Chelsea, was backed with 240m 6 years ago and was sacked and was fighting the board about integrating those players.....anyone spot the trend

Why do I need to be patient for a manager who won't sign a contract beyond June? I do not get that one bit.

Conte complains we don't have players with pace who can take on players

Conte moans at the club signing Danjuma and Spence who are players with some pace and can take on players ...

Fans have had plenty of patients over the years. We have had patients with Conte but we are seeing nothing. The dream looks dead on its feet and we keep trying the same thing over and over with the same results.

Should we give him time... Another 3 months so he can then just fudge off.

Why do I need to be patient for a manager who won't sign a contract beyond June? I do not get that one bit.
I’m not saying you need to be patient. You brought up the fact that Poch got us to a few semis/finals. That’s over a five year period, so if you want to compare you need to give Conte the same amount of time. Not that hard to understand really….

I’m not saying you need to be patient. You brought up the fact that Poch got us to a few semis/finals. That’s over a five year period, so if you want to compare you need to give Conte the same amount of time. Not that hard to understand really….

I said this on January 2:

I’d be happy to give Conte another 18 months to get this sorted, and only judge at the end of that time. But he needs to commit to the same time frame. At the moment, he’s asking for money whilst not giving any guarantees. You can’t have it both ways.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his refusal to commit to the club has played a part in our terrible performances. And for him to come out and complain that we're impatient whilst putting on a 3rd center back when we need a goal to avoid going out of a 2nd competition in a couple of weeks, his refusal to try anything different in terms of formation, to drop under-performing players, to do anything to try and fix this malaise we're in, is just taking the tinkle.

He's leaving no matter what happens at the end of the season, I wish we'd just fudge him off now so we can move on.

I said this on January 2:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that his refusal to commit to the club has played a part in our terrible performances. And for him to come out and complain that we're impatient whilst putting on a 3rd center back when we need a goal to avoid going out of a 2nd competition in a couple of weeks, his refusal to try anything different in terms of formation, to drop under-performing players, to do anything to try and fix this malaise we're in, is just taking the tinkle.

He's leaving no matter what happens at the end of the season, I wish we'd just fudge him off now so we can move on.
That’s fair enough, and I’m not even arguing for keeping Conte as I’m not sure he’s the answer long term.

But I’d still keep him for the rest of the season as I’d back us more likely to secure CL football - he’s proven at doing this when no cup football to play and we are hardly in a bad position at the moment. Then by all means look at it in the summer regardless of where we finish….

That’s fair enough, and I’m not even arguing for keeping Conte as I’m not sure he’s the answer long term.

But I’d still keep him for the rest of the season as I’d back us more likely to secure CL football - he’s proven at doing this when no cup football to play and we are hardly in a bad position at the moment. Then by all means look at it in the summer regardless of where we finish….

You might be right and today might be a good indication of how the rest of the season will play out. Win and play well and it might set us up for, as you say, one game a week. I still don't see us finishing above Liverpool, however. We've blown that big time.

Back