• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I’m guessing comments like below. Said absolutely nothing wrong, but those who want him gone will of course make a meal out of it because we have perfect fans:D

“Here, the patience has finished for the fans,” Conte said. “The fans want to win [a] trophy. Stop. And then you have to find the right solution to make the fans happy and to win [a] trophy. Because the patience of the fans has finished. And we feel this. I feel this. The players feel this. For sure this [does] not help the situation.

“There are many players, also young players, that need to go step by step to grow. We are trying to build something important but if you don’t have patience, it is un-useful [unworkable].”

How about just seeing some entertaining free flowing football? How about he inspire and motivate the team so they look like they give a damn? If he did that fans would be more tolerant in defeat.

Besides, when we get knocked out by Milan he prattles on about them having won the CL seven times and them being defending Italian league champions. How about losing to Sheffield in the FA Cup or Forest in the League Cup? We played the same pathetic football in all 3 matches. It is not like we got knocked out by the best teams in the league.

We are.

(Well I’m not, but many many others)

I agree we are impatient.

A very big but in there tho.

Conte is talking rubbish blaming us for being impatient. The football is dross actually beyond dross. Playing horribly out of form players.

Questionable tactics. Two sides in the league play with a two man midfield, us and West Ham both awful to watch and have fans wanting new managers.

Conte system may have worked once upon a time with certain personnel but now not so .Football moves and changes Conte and Jose are dinosaurs in the game. If you are standing still you are going backwards.

We may be impatient but we are being sold short by a 15 million a year manager who clearly wants out.

Last edited:
I was referring to Danjuma and Spence.

I think it’s mad that Richi hasn’t played more, Son has been garbage, but then I don’t see them training.

I do not see them in training either but I see enough on a match day to know that Son has been pants basically all season.

I think it’s mad that Richi hasn’t played more, Son has been garbage, but then I don’t see them training.
Your right it is, just based on how they are playing, but it's even madder when you think our LWBs are weak and need protection. A no brainer, with the added benefit it gives us a great option from the bench.

cup games in a time when CL qualification is much more important

Yeah, qualifying for the CL last season has done wonders for us. Similarly, finishing 5th really set Arsenal back.

Not to mention the fact that he threw the CL away against Milan as well.

Last edited:
As for Danjuma, you would have thought that a goal on his debut would give him some credit, but he has effectively been ignored since then. Am I really suppose to believe that he has hardly played because he has been poor in training?

Danjuma has played in the Prem, Spence played against Prem opposition and in a league that probably sets you up better for the PL than many others (if you have a high ceiling).

Win or lose I simply want to enjoy watching Spurs again. The football is turgid and I'm finding myself looking at my phone half the time when Spurs are playing whereas I used to spend half my time stood up in anticipation.

Win or lose I simply want to enjoy watching Spurs again. The football is turgid and I'm finding myself looking at my phone half the time when Spurs are playing whereas I used to spend half my time stood up in anticipation.
Exactly. There’s all for being patient in the process but you need to see performances that look like we are headed in a good direction.

Exactly. There’s all for being patient in the process but you need to see performances that look like we are headed in a good direction.
Yes which is why anyone that mentions Arteta in the discussion of us not being patient are wrong. Yes they missed out on CL and had some bad results along the way but not only did he win silverware but you could see the style that he was implementing (bit like Poch in his first season with us) and now look at them.

Yes which is why anyone that mentions Arteta in the discussion of us not being patient are wrong. Yes they missed out on CL and had some bad results along the way but not only did he win silverware but you could see the style that he was implementing (bit like Poch in his first season with us) and now look at them.

Arteta had more than 3 months left on his contract.

Reckon you’re outnumbered there. This is a very good sample size:

Would probably be closer to 90% for the FA Cup.
You do realise it’s probably more to do with ENIC than the manager in what is being prioritised?

The beloved Poch fielded weakened teams a plenty in all cup competions, and if I could be bothered could easily list a number of embarrassing cup exits with him in charge. It’s been a poor week or two going out of two cup competitions, but it’s nothing new….

You do realise it’s probably more to do with ENIC than the manager in what is being prioritised?

The beloved Poch fielded weakened teams a plenty in all cup competions, and if I could be bothered could easily list a number of embarrassing cup exits with him in charge. It’s been a poor week or two going out of two cup competitions, but it’s nothing new….

We’ve had 5 more extra trophy-less years since then. And Poch at least took us two a couple of finals and a few semis. It was the players who let him down in those big matches. Conte isn’t even putting us in the position to get there.

Back