• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Would have thought the same about Campbell. Kane showed his ruthlessness by not turning up for training two summers ago.

If he really was that ruthless he'd likely be playing for City now. That not turning up for one training session (and saying it was agreed by club - did they fine him?) was nothing compared to refusing to play because "my head isn't right" etc

As @thfcsteff has said elsewhere it’s clear the club ditched the “project” philosophy in favour of short-term appointments in an effort to win something while our best players, Kane & Son were still at their peak. I think summer will bring a change in approach.

dont think we can wait til Summer. per my previous post, one first half goal in last 14 GAMES. And that was us losing 2-1 at home to Leeds.

Need to call it now to give the new manager at least one or two purchases this January. There's no longevity, so just rip the plaster off quick and move on.

If he really was that ruthless he'd likely be playing for City now. That not turning up for one training session (and saying it was agreed by club - did they fine him?) was nothing compared to refusing to play because "my head isn't right" etc

He would have got his way if he actually had a competent agent and not his dim witted brother. Not sure if he was fined but he obviously felt the need to try and clear up the situation but his ambiguous statement did nothing to clear it up other than shift blame from himself and his management team.

He would have got his way if he actually had a competent agent and not his dim witted brother. Not sure if he was fined but he obviously felt the need to try and clear up the situation but his ambiguous statement did nothing to clear it up other than shift blame from himself and his management team.

Yes, true. Can't see him making more effort to go to Arsenal or Chelsea when he wasn't brash enough to get a move to Emirates Marketing Project for more likely guaranteed success (and less local bother). Man United it is i reckon..

Don't think so, the chaos was really because City played him (and his idiot brother didn't see it)

Pep was quite happy to take him for £75M (absolute fudging robbery, anyone would at that price point), but they always knew Haaland was a year away and Pep was fantasizing about another midfielder.

That conversation should have died in the first 10 minutes, you want me to play for you? are you willing to pay a fee likely to be in the £125-£150M range early in the window? no, thanks and see you around.

No they don't. He might be a part of the invincibles and they might think he was a good player but they don't love him. Most arsenal fans i know (live in camden so it's a lot) think he's an idiot.

The ones I know do. Possibly because it winds us up but thinking he’s an idiot off the pitch isn’t the same as not loving him for what he did on the pitch. Gazza is an idiot but I still love him for what he did for Spurs and England.

Yes, true. Can't see him making more effort to go to Arsenal or Chelsea when he wasn't brash enough to get a move to Emirates Marketing Project for more likely guaranteed success (and less local bother). Man United it is i reckon..

United most likely I agree but wouldn’t rule out him leaving us but staying in London. Not out of the question he stays another year and runs out his contract if he doesn’t have the stomach for pushing for a move.

Evening Standard: "Conte’s tactical inflexibility was both baffling and costly, as his two-man midfield of 20-year-old Pape Matar Sarr, making his full Premier League debut, and Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg were outnumbered by Arsenal’s magnificent three of Odegaard, Thomas Partey and Granit Xhaka. The trio were frequently supported by left-back Oleksandr Zinchenko or Nketiah, leaving Spurs completely overrun in the middle of the park."
This is so absolutely spot on. I have been saying it for some time. Teams know we always play with 3 CBs so are finding easy ways of being able to outnumber us everywhere else on the pitch. Play two wide forwards and keep them wide and we're immediately blunted in our attack with our wingbacks having to stay deep and then 2 against 3 in the middle. Drop your lone centre forward deeper and we're then 2 against 4. We're committing tactical suicide every game and yet an element of our fans still think its because our outnumbered two midfielders aren't good enough.

Last edited:
This is so absolutely spot on. I have been saying it for some time. Teams know we always play with 3 CBs so are finding easy ways of being able to outnumber us everywhere else on the pitch. Play two wide forwards and keep them wide and we're immediately 2 against 3 in the middle. Drop your lone centre forward deeper and we're then 2 against 4. We're committing tactical suicide every game and yet an element of our fans still think its because our outnumbered two midfielders aren't good enough.

It's so bad, I can actually only think of two scenarios where it can work

- You put prime Modric in that midfield alongside Bentancur
- You have such attacking WB's on both sides, (what Pool got away with for a while) that offer such a (almost WC) threat it pushes the opposition back.

Neither option seems very likely

This is so absolutely spot on. I have been saying it for some time. Teams know we always play with 3 CBs so are finding easy ways of being able to outnumber us everywhere else on the pitch. Play two wide forwards and keep them wide and we're immediately 2 against 3 in the middle. Drop your lone centre forward deeper and we're then 2 against 4. We're committing tactical suicide every game and yet an element of our fans still think its because our outnumbered two midfielders aren't good enough.

Indeed; reminds me of how Hoddle schooled Graham when we played Soton in the league away i think it was around boxing day 2000. We lost to them 2-0 and Hoddle played a front 3 against ours and Graham's back 3 which had worked ok as a new formation up until then...

I honestly think a league win for Arsenal leaves ENIC with no excuses whatsoever. Regardless of how much they've spent has anyone looked at the spending and thought, "Wow they are really pushing for a league title challenge with those buys.."

Until this season no one thought Arsenal were either.

It was a punt/gamble, I agree. Club and manager are a mis-match.

I dont blame Levy for taking that gamble

Why not? Who else is to blame? He's made exactly the same mistakes he made with Mourinho.

As @thfcsteff I think summer will bring a change in approach.

Yet another one.

Or Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

I think they could well be favourites, and can see us selling to them. I'm not so sure about us selling to United.

It's so bad, I can actually only think of two scenarios where it can work

- You put prime Modric in that midfield alongside Bentancur
- You have such attacking WB's on both sides, (what Pool got away with for a while) that offer such a (almost WC) threat it pushes the opposition back.

Neither option seems very likely

Does this give hope that Conte will change tactics for now to at least stop getting found out? His reputation (as much as he or others might blame 'lack of spending') is actually on the line big time as he's getting schooled so commonly now.

Or will the second half make him think "oh we had a great xG and if only Sessegnon had scored" to carry on 3-4-3ing?

Back