• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Feels like Levy's time is finally up. He won't back Conte so what's the point in him staying. He'll bring back Poch which will improve the football for a short while until we need reinforcements and when we don't get them Poch will start sulking like everyone before him and everyone will finally realise this is a 'Levy' problem and not a manager problem.

Some fan's just don't get it. I am not the biggest Conte fan but he is our best hope of bringing about change in the way we are run (You think Poch would get better backing than Conte has you are deluded).

I think we should back Conte, Sing his name, Show the club that we are behind and what he is trying to do and that the club need to back him, That Levy is the underlying issue... But it won't happen. It's far easier for Levy to see out Conte and try and appease fans with Poch and keep this cycle ticking over.

Sorry but what do you mean by backing the manager?

How much should be spent?

Getting players like dele, lo celso, ndombele out of the club at a huge loss (even if on loan)?

What does backing the manager look like to you?

Spurs fans have always been entitled

The trophy conversation is the perfect example, this club has delivered less than 20 trophies in 140 years, but the opinion seems to be we should winning yearly? (and watch some jump in on my mentality, accepting mediocrity, etc. etc.)

No one's saying yearly and I'm not normally one for bemoaning lack of trophies, football is more than that to me, but winning more than once in 23 years isn't unreasonable.

Depends on your injuries. If you have a large quota of muscle injuries.... someone may voice that opinion.

And maybe it's a valid opinion. But you don't say it to a journalist unless you have an agenda.

Feels like Levy's time is finally up. He won't back Conte so what's the point in him staying. He'll bring back Poch which will improve the football for a short while until we need reinforcements and when we don't get them Poch will start sulking like everyone before him and everyone will finally realise this is a 'Levy' problem and not a manager problem.

Some fan's just don't get it. I am not the biggest Conte fan but he is our best hope of bringing about change in the way we are run (You think Poch would get better backing than Conte has you are deluded).

I think we should back Conte, Sing his name, Show the club that we are behind and what he is trying to do and that the club need to back him, That Levy is the underlying issue... But it won't happen. It's far easier for Levy to see out Conte and try and appease fans with Poch and keep this cycle ticking over.
How has Conte not been backed? We've spent more in the last year than we have ever spent. There's been a cash injection into the club to help with transfers. We'll more than likely spend again in January.

The football for the last few months has been really brick and a struggle to watch but it's still relatively early with a lot of work needed on the squad.
Give him and Paratici time, lets see where we are at the end of the season and whether everyone involved wants to continue together.

There's rumours that people inside the club are unhappy with Levy, with a replacement inside the club waiting patiently in the wings.

Also talk that despite his early promises to Conte he is slipping back into his old ways of blocking deals, getting involved in the haggling and even pushing alternative options etc.

Apparently this story was leaked today that mentions Contes training methods and him not being the right fit for the club etc.

It's all a bit depressing.

I'm not a fan of Conte ball but I am in favour of getting in the players he wants to actually try and inplement it properly. He's not a coach that will improve the individuals like Poch, That's not what he was brought in for. It was supposed to be a Conte Revolution, a realisation from those within that we need to start doing things differently, that we bring in a world class manager and actually back him in what he wants, to bridge the gap and take us forward, stop repeating the patterns of the past.

100%. Levy was very lucky to escape the Nuno fiasco and the preceding 2-3 years without being more fatally damaged at the club. He did it by bringing in the best manager he could get. I said it then and I'll say it now, if this goes to brick, Levy should have nowhere to hide. Time's up.

Every Spurs fan should get right behind Conte for as long as he's here. He isn't the problem.
Levy isn't going anywhere, at least not while Lewis is alive.

He's finally extracted himself from the football side which most fans wanted and purse strings are being loosened with the stadium being fully online. Let Paratici do his job and see where we are in the next couple of years.

The trophy conversation is the perfect example, this club has delivered less than 20 trophies in 140 years, but the opinion seems to be we should winning yearly? (and watch some jump in on my mentality, accepting mediocrity, etc. etc.)

Tbf, i'm pretty sure even after the Sugar dross years, when ENIC took over we were in the top 4/5 in terms of trophy hauls in England. Only recently when clubs like Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea have had cheat codes have they got near/overtaken us.

The 2010s was the first whole decade since 1950 that we didn't win a single trophy, Not many clubs can boast that record but it also shines a poor light in ENIC's direction

I agree with this, I said for years, we won the league in 61, purchased the Messi of the era in Greaves and have not won the league since, been close again less than a handful of times too which is more shocking.

My views on Conte are that I don't think, based on what even his fans admit on his limitations (can't work with youth, cant work other systems, needs money on his huge contract to succeed etc) that he is the right man for the club and not because my expectations are high but because I think he lacks the right identity, I would rather have someone and go back a year or so and develop a plan for younger talented players grow under the banner of Spurs even if thats a year or two out the CL, but I am a fan of that route than this short term boom or bust style, maybe too romantic but thats where I am.

The reason I don't give Conte that easy ride is because with the reputation and the contract comes expectation, I want more bang for my buck than all the excuses I keep reading TBH

How has Conte not been backed? We've spent more in the last year than we have ever spent. There's been a cash injection into the club to help with transfers. We'll more than likely spend again in January.

The football for the last few months has been really brick and a struggle to watch but it's still relatively early with a lot of work needed on the squad.
Give him and Paratici time, lets see where we are at the end of the season and whether everyone involved wants to continue together.

It's not that he hasn't been backed already its the realisation that Levy is now backing down from the idea that we need to continue backing with what he wants every window until we reach a better playing squad, with proper depth in where needed. That's why Conte can't commit. What if he commits to a new contract and Levy has one of his windows again where he says oh well we tried, only to find out we could have had x y or z if he had really wanted. It's why Conte keeps saying he is happy with the project but blah blah blah. He has to keep the pressure on Levy.

It's not that he hasn't been backed already its the realisation that Levy is now backing down from the idea that we need to continue backing with what he wants every window until we reach a better playing squad, with proper depth in where needed. That's why Conte can't commit. What if he commits to a new contract and Levy has one of his windows again where he says oh well we tried, only to find out we could have had x y or z if he had really wanted. It's why Conte keeps saying he is happy with the project but blah blah blah. He has to keep the pressure on Levy.

But surely there is a time where the manager meets half way? No club like us (exclude City, United and Chelsea here) can rely on one vision or one rigid way of working so for it to all be....spend on what Conte wants, without him showing any interest on new ideas like younger players for the future is, in my opinion, silly.

I am not a fan of Arsenal comparisons, but Arteta is a perfect example, he has had to integrate youth from the club, youth they have purchased and bigger name squad players and they have blended in and its been refreshing for them.

How has he backed down??? This window is only open a couple of days.
It was the same last January with everyone saying that Conte wouldn't be backed, he was, the same in the summer, again he was backed. At least wait till the transfer window is closed before saying he hasn't been backed

But surely there is a time where the manager meets half way? No club like us (exclude City, United and Chelsea here) can rely on one vision or one rigid way of working so for it to all be....spend on what Conte wants, without him showing any interest on new ideas like younger players for the future is, in my opinion, silly.

I am not a fan of Arsenal comparisons, but Arteta is a perfect example, he has had to integrate youth from the club, youth they have purchased and bigger name squad players and they have blended in and its been refreshing for them.

Of course, he accepted Spence as one for the future for example when he wasn't his signing but our priority has to be improving the first 11. Arsenal have worked together to identify potential targets and found a way to sign them. Ramsdale, White, Jesus were all big money but everyone was on board with those signings as being the perfect fit, They didn't have a Chairman interfering, not backing their targets or suggesting alternatives etc.

Of course, he accepted Spence as one for the future for example when he wasn't his signing but our priority has to be improving the first 11. Arsenal have worked together to identify potential targets and found a way to sign them. Ramsdale, White, Jesus were all big money but everyone was on board with those signings as being the perfect fit, They didn't have a Chairman interfering, not backing their targets or suggesting alternatives etc.

Accepted Spence? Not sure TBH

We have made big money signings for Conte, with Conte blessing but there is zero mix with anything else, no youth, no younger signings. Conte has narrowed down his options which compounds his own situation.

And there is absolutely no doubt Arteta took the hit on results in recent years, with all and everyone calling for his head whilst he integrated youth

I'm not a fan of Conte ball but I am in favour of getting in the players he wants to actually try and inplement it properly. He's not a coach that will improve the individuals like Poch, That's not what he was brought in for. It was supposed to be a Conte Revolution, a realisation from those within that we need to start doing things differently, that we bring in a world class manager and actually back him in what he wants, to bridge the gap and take us forward, stop repeating the patterns of the past.

Lukaku has definitely said the opposite of that. Pretty sure a few other Inter players did as well.

Now that the stadium money is allowing us to spend the problem isn't not buying players or spending money, it's having manager(s) in charge that aren't compatible with the profile of player we are buying. Though tbf there's a lot of jumping to conclusions from the fanbase (me included) wrt Conte - he hasn't publicly complained about the signings we have made (other than in a round about way with Spence) only stated that we need more players coming in but also that it will take time for the club to do that - so it could be that he is happy with the signings made and to build a team with that level of signing

There's rumours that people inside the club are unhappy with Levy, with a replacement inside the club waiting patiently in the wings.

Also talk that despite his early promises to Conte he is slipping back into his old ways of blocking deals, getting involved in the haggling and even pushing alternative options etc.

Apparently this story was leaked today that mentions Contes training methods and him not being the right fit for the club etc.

Levy is the club, no chance of him leaving until he wants to.

You usually get people making these binary choices. "He's a chequebook manager", "he's a project manager" etc. Things aren't that absolute. Guys don't win what Conte has won without improving players.

TBF though literally all his supporters on here say the same thing, that he can't work under conditions unless he gets backed in the transfer market...

It aint a democracy. Lewis and levy decide who's in charge.

Levy is the club, no chance of him leaving until he wants to.

There is no one waiting in the wings. As you say Levy is the club bar Lewis and he has his own investments in the club which give him huge sway.

Also the top bods in the club are all there because of Levy and they keep their jobs by providing him with an echo chamber ala Donna Cullen who just basically kisses his arse to keep her job.

Back