• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Who said spent 100m on League 2 players? I thought we all understood I was talking about players like Bastoni, Gvardiol, Skriniar and that is just for CB. Yet people stay here with a Davies, Dier and Tanganga defensive line and talk about the right player and Antonio Conte. Just BUST the bank and get us just 2 of those 3 and we would be în a lot better position. Levi is dragging his butt în buying A KID with potențial and low wages, Porro(which Levi himself is what the club wants) and WE STILL don't spend the £39m release clause. This is embarrassing if you want to compete at this level, Levi is embarrassing, ENIC is embarrassing, Lewis is embarrassing. Chelsea is preparing to pass £200m spent this January and we can't fork out 39m for a player WHO EVEN MEETS Levi's unambitious plan. Gvardiol and Bastoni also meet his young and not on HUGE wages "plan", why aren't we after them?

Yes chelsea spent £200m. They're on fire this season. Oh...

Who said spent 100m on League 2 players? I thought we all understood I was talking about players like Bastoni, Gvardiol, Skriniar and that is just for CB. Yet people stay here with a Davies, Dier and Tanganga defensive line and talk about the right player and Antonio Conte. Just BUST the bank and get us just 2 of those 3 and we would be în a lot better position. Levi is dragging his butt în buying A KID with potențial and low wages, Porro(which Levi himself is what the club wants) and WE STILL don't spend the £39m release clause. This is embarrassing if you want to compete at this level, Levi is embarrassing, ENIC is embarrassing, Lewis is embarrassing. Chelsea is preparing to pass £200m spent this January and we can't fork out 39m for a player WHO EVEN MEETS Levi's unambitious plan. Gvardiol and Bastoni also meet his young and not on HUGE wages "plan", why aren't we after them?

the window has just opened

the club targets players it’s scouted throughly, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is, if the player is that good, with a release clause under budget of many clubs, why hasn’t he moved already?

it’s not as easy at it looks on the outside

what we do know, is that we spend what we can when we can, we are not sitting on a pile of cash

and, the new transfer setup, under Paratici, has looked good so far, let’s trust them over the next few windows to put the pieces together

They are spending the 200m now, not în the past. Oh and about their past, they are recent UCL winners and by way of spending big, they have won the league more times în the last 20 years that we won în our entire history.

They spent £293m this summer.

The point people are trying to make (that you are missing) is that it's not how much you spend, but that it's spent correctly.

We spent £18.5m last jan, that got us cl.

There's an article just come out that a lot of fans are taking as the club briefing against Conte - https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenh...o-conte-has-been-an-awkward-fit-for-tottenham.

This is the contentious line: "Sources close to the club have questioned whether Conte's gruelling training sessions are fully appropriate for the physical demands of a condensed, unprecedented season with a World Cup in the middle of it."

fudge .. Ally Gold made a comment in his last video re the Villa game feeling like one of those end of manager times

And he said he fully expected comments to be leaked from "sources" complaining about training/tactics, it's so predictable ..

fudge .. Ally Gold made a comment in his last video re the Villa game feeling like one of those end of manager times

And he said he fully expected comments to be leaked from "sources" complaining about training/tactics, it's so predictable ..

Yeah, it's been feeling like beginning of the end for a while and Villa was the catalyst to set it properly off. I've always been a Levy supporter but Conte was last chance saloon for him with me. If this blows up, I want him gone. He's had enough chances and had enough good managers...if this goes wrong, Levy is very much the problem in my mind. Let's see how it plays out.

the window has just opened

the club targets players it’s scouted throughly, if something looks too good to be true, it probably is, if the player is that good, with a release clause under budget of many clubs, why hasn’t he moved already?

it’s not as easy at it looks on the outside

what we do know, is that we spend what we can when we can, we are not sitting on a pile of cash

and, the new transfer setup, under Paratici, has looked good so far, let’s trust them over the next few windows to put the pieces together
Pretty sure one has to have scouts to be able to scout players thoroughly ;) Our scouting network has been a running joke in football circles these past few years (though Paratici is at least starting to address that).

With a brand new manager.... I will be very interested in whether Chelsea give the manager time to integrate his players and ideas or sack him.
Not sure I understand what you are saying here? Chelsea gave Tuchel 250m of new players in the summer, then sacked him in October. So the answer is already there isn’t it?

Feels like Levy's time is finally up. He won't back Conte so what's the point in him staying. He'll bring back Poch which will improve the football for a short while until we need reinforcements and when we don't get them Poch will start sulking like everyone before him and everyone will finally realise this is a 'Levy' problem and not a manager problem.

Some fan's just don't get it. I am not the biggest Conte fan but he is our best hope of bringing about change in the way we are run (You think Poch would get better backing than Conte has you are deluded).

I think we should back Conte, Sing his name, Show the club that we are behind and what he is trying to do and that the club need to back him, That Levy is the underlying issue... But it won't happen. It's far easier for Levy to see out Conte and try and appease fans with Poch and keep this cycle ticking over.

I am shocked (not-shocked) by how our fans expectations have changed since the new stadium. We're in 5th place. In the CL. And things are woeful? What a spoilt moany bunch Spurs fans have become. We weren't as bad in old WHL. We'd have been more understanding and positive that we're in the mix and playing in Europe.

I think the big issue is that Conte or Paratici have not clearly stated that we are a work in progress and we are working on the side. We needed to be less defensive, and change the way we play. That is happening and a work in progress. You have to listen very carefully to Conte to understand that and observe the way we're playing. It is not working at the moment as we are conceding more, but it is the right thing to do.

But moody wintery fans could affect things and apply so much pressure it makes Conte's regime untenable. Fans should get behind him, not undermine. Spurs used to have some of most ethical and principled fans. They didn't have a sense of entitlement. No longer it seems.

Feels like Levy's time is finally up. He won't back Conte so what's the point in him staying. He'll bring back Poch which will improve the football for a short while until we need reinforcements and when we don't get them Poch will start sulking like everyone before him and everyone will finally realise this is a 'Levy' problem and not a manager problem.

Some fan's just don't get it. I am not the biggest Conte fan but he is our best hope of bringing about change in the way we are run (You think Poch would get better backing than Conte has you are deluded).

I think we should back Conte, Sing his name, Show the club that we are behind and what he is trying to do and that the club need to back him, That Levy is the underlying issue... But it won't happen. It's far easier for Levy to see out Conte and try and appease fans with Poch and keep this cycle ticking over.

Lets separate the other stuff (I'm not I agree that Conte hasn't been backed)

You want to watch Conte football for another year?

100%. Levy was very lucky to escape the Nuno fiasco and the preceding 2-3 years without being more fatally damaged at the club. He did it by bringing in the best manager he could get. I said it then and I'll say it now, if this goes to brick, Levy should have nowhere to hide. Time's up.

Every Spurs fan should get right behind Conte for as long as he's here. He isn't the problem.

I am shocked (not-shocked) by how our fans expectations have changed since the new stadium. We're in 5th place. In the CL. And things are woeful? What a spoilt moany bunch Spurs fans have become. We weren't as bad in old WHL. We'd have been more understanding and positive that we're in the mix and playing in Europe.

I think the big issue is that Conte or Paratici have not clearly stated that we are a work in progress and we are working on the side. We needed to be less defensive, and change the way we play. That is happening and a work in progress. You have to listen very carefully to Conte to understand that and observe the way we're playing. It is not working at the moment as we are conceding more, but it is the right thing to do.

But moody wintery fans could affect things and apply so much pressure it makes Conte's regime untenable. Fans should get behind him, not undermine. Spurs used to have some of most ethical and principled fans. They didn't have a sense of entitlement. No longer it seems.

Spurs fans have always been entitled

The trophy conversation is the perfect example, this club has delivered less than 20 trophies in 140 years, but the opinion seems to be we should winning yearly? (and watch some jump in on my mentality, accepting mediocrity, etc. etc.)

There's an article just come out that a lot of fans are taking as the club briefing against Conte - https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenh...o-conte-has-been-an-awkward-fit-for-tottenham.

This is the contentious line: "Sources close to the club have questioned whether Conte's gruelling training sessions are fully appropriate for the physical demands of a condensed, unprecedented season with a World Cup in the middle of it."
Depends on your injuries. If you have a large quota of muscle injuries.... someone may voice that opinion.

Pretty sure one has to have scouts to be able to scout players thoroughly ;) Our scouting network has been a running joke in football circles these past few years (though Paratici is at least starting to address that).

Why has our scouting network been a joke? As in, for example, is it we have driven good scouts away over the years? Not replaced good ones when they've left?
Why do we have a world class stadium, training facilities but then a joke scouting network?

100%. Levy was very lucky to escape the Nuno fiasco and the preceding 2-3 years without being more fatally damaged at the club. He did it by bringing in the best manager he could get. I said it then and I'll say it now, if this goes to brick, Levy should have nowhere to hide. Time's up.

Every Spurs fan should get right behind Conte for as long as he's here. He isn't the problem.

Two conversations

Giving Conte a bye on the flimflam football we have watched is beyond me

TBF to most fans; twenty+ years of ENIC/Levy constantly finding ways and excuses not to (at least try) push on is what has led to us looking like we have a 'sense of entitlement'. I don't think we do, but we like/prefer to watch good football and feel like we are trying to go places.

Hiring top class managers WHO EVERYONE KNOWS LIKE/NEED TOP-CLASS INVESTMENT but then carry on acting as though we still have a Poch or Jol (whilst charging the top dollar prices for tickets) is going to cause fans ask questions. That, to me at least, is not having a 'sense of entitlement'

Back