• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

You said sugar years, apart from the fa cup what else?

Re-read my post again, i said that even after the Sugar years we were still in the top 4/5 clubs in terms of trophy hauls and that since then under ENIC we have gone for the first time since the fifties, through a whole decade ie the 2010s without a trophy.
1950s - we won a trophy
1960s - we won some trophies
1970s - we won some trophies
1980s - we won some trophies
1990s - we won some trophies
2000s - we won a trophy
2010s - nada

Re-read my post again, i said that even after the Sugar years we were still in the top 4/5 clubs in terms of trophy hauls and that since then under ENIC we have gone for the first time since the fifties, through a whole decade ie the 2010s without a trophy.
1950s - we won a trophy
2000s - we won a trophy
2010s - nada

Since the PL got rolling and the CL became a thing domestic trophies have never been shared between so few clubs throughout the history of the game, the footballing landscape has changed dramatically in that sense so hard to pull too much from that.

1950s - we won a trophy
2000s - we won a trophy
2010s - nada

On that count everyone agrees we'd want more trophies. Is it 9 fa cup semi final defeats, 3 final defeats? It's not what we want. Yes levy has to take the blame he oversaw it all.

Doesn't make him dr evil though.

And she has zero interest in Spurs and sits on the board at Tavistock. His son also has zero interest in Spurs from a POV of running the club.

Lewis isn't getting rid of Levy, a man that's flipped his 55m investment into 3bn. If Levy goes its because Levy decides

This, fans really amaze me, anybody really think Joe/his family/investors are going to look at the guy who turned that initial investment (it's less than £55M btw) into something north of £3B and say "hey, you gotta go because some guys on the internet are mad" ...
The only way I can make sense of such balderdash, is if the Lewis family (or some of) want an asset liquidated before Lewis dies. Rightfully they might think now is a hot time to sell, given Chelsea's price. Although with Liverpool and Man U up for sale perhaps not.
With the recent change of control submissions to companies house, they're obviously doing some housekeeping re succession.

Could be this or someone has been watching too much Succession :)

So if this was true...it can only mean they're saying 'Daniel is holding us back, we need to invest £250m a year (oil money) to compete, what d'you say Joe?'

Or are the urging him to sell up?

Who knows. It could be a feeling that Levy was good for the steady growth we had to do from a middling underachieving club with all the 'ducking and diving' that entailed but is not the person for a 'act like a big club' future that the new stadium and associated resources promises.

I can certainly see that being a possibility, though i guess we'll have to see how this window and perhaps the summer turns out.

The flip-flopping between "growth/project" managers and the Joses/Contes does lend itself to the view that there is poor leadership at the top; as others said: if you're going down that Jose/Conte route you can't still act like Poch is still here.

This isn't to let Conte off the hook per say, but again the proof will be how this January goes. If, in the end, we seem to be acting no differently to when Poch was here then that tells its own story imo

How old was kulu or ndogie. Eriksen and even perisic didn't slot straight into contes inter team, they took time (and even a loan) to adapt. Doesn't mean they can't be important players.

We haven't see one of those under Conte yet so I would take a waiting brief there.

I just don't see any interest in integrating youth or younger talent we have purchased which goes back to the original comments on likelihood on us seeing Sarr.

My point being we need, in my opinion, a healthy mix

Since the PL got rolling and the CL became a thing domestic trophies have never been shared between so few clubs throughout the history of the game, the footballing landscape has changed dramatically in that sense so hard to pull too much from that.
On that count everyone agrees we'd want more trophies. Is it 9 fa cup semi final defeats, 3 final defeats? It's not what we want. Yes levy has to take the blame he oversaw it all.

Doesn't make him dr evil though.

The point of me showing that was that as a club very few had records better than us in terms of having won trophies in each decade since the 50s.
Yes, the CL landscape has changed (as have the excuses btw - remember when we were told we couldn't attract x or y player because of not having European football which then evolved to not having CL football which then evolved to something else when rivals who didn't have CL or ANY European football stumped us, e.g. Liverpool in summer 2016 etc) but it would be wrong to say Spurs fans were 'entitled' when you look at our history of regularly, i.e. in every decade, being able to enjoy victory parades.

They spent £293m this summer.

The point people are trying to make (that you are missing) is that it's not how much you spend, but that it's spent correctly.

We spent £18.5m last jan, that got us cl.
I am not missing anything. People are trying to justify spending small because we got lucky once în a while with Bentancur and Kulusevski, which together are over €70m with all the bonuses and stuff(not that small în the end is it). Teams that have spent big, EVENTUALLY got big returns, ex mid 2000s Chelsea, mid 2010s City. Are there exceptions? sure(leicester's title) Are those exceptions sustainable? No.

You usually get people making these binary choices. "He's a chequebook manager", "he's a project manager" etc. Things aren't that absolute. Guys don't win what Conte has won without improving players.

I agree, but also agree with @dingdongo in the sense that Conte’s arrival was interpreted by most us as a sign that we were going to play at a significantly higher level on the transfer market. It’s one thing improving a player like Lukaku who’s already well established at the top end as compared to a promising but inexperienced one like Spence.

Who knows. It could be a feeling that Levy was good for the steady growth we had to do from a middling underachieving club with all the 'ducking and diving' that entailed but is not the person for a 'act like a big club' future that the new stadium and associated resources promises.
So Lewis is the man to ask to change tac and operate like 'a big club'? A man who is even less likely to care about the silver trophy side but nevertheless he'll jeopardise the investment he's built and potentially bankrupting the project, much like most of Europe have done chasing the Prem elite? I don't think you've thought it through?

I can certainly see that being a possibility, though i guess we'll have to see how this window and perhaps the summer turns out.

The flip-flopping between "growth/project" managers and the Joses/Contes does lend itself to the view that there is poor leadership at the top; as others said: if you're going down that Jose/Conte route you can't still act like Poch is still here.

This isn't to let Conte off the hook per say, but again the proof will be how this January goes. If, in the end, we seem to be acting no differently to when Poch was here then that tells its own story imo

Levy is ceo of enic though. Lewis just invested in the company as he has others.

I am not missing anything. People are trying to justify spending small because we got lucky once în a while with Bentancur and Kulusevski, which together are over €70m with all the bonuses and stuff(not that small în the end is it). Teams that have spent big, EVENTUALLY got big returns, ex mid 2000s Chelsea, mid 2010s City. Are there exceptions? sure(leicester's title) Are those exceptions sustainable? No.

Wtf is spending small? £160m this summer? On what planet is that small?

So Lewis is the man to ask to change tac and operate like 'a big club'? A man who is even less likely to care about the silver trophy side but nevertheless he'll jeopardise the investment he's built and potentially bankrupting the project, much like most of Europe have done chasing the Prem elite? I don't think you've thought it through?

I didn't say Lewis, i said it could be relatives of Lewis or other board members etc lobbying Lewis behind Levy's back

The point of me showing that was that as a club very few had records better than us in terms of having won trophies in each decade since the 50s.
Yes, the CL landscape has changed (as have the excuses btw - remember when we were told we couldn't attract x or y player because of not having European football which then evolved to not having CL football which then evolved to something else when rivals who didn't have CL or ANY European football stumped us, e.g. Liverpool in summer 2016 etc) but it would be wrong to say Spurs fans were 'entitled' when you look at our history of regularly, i.e. in every decade, being able to enjoy victory parades.

Yeah cause the landscape didn't change with oil money.

Yes we could and probably should have done better. Liverpool as an example is brick though. 2nd biggest team in the country. Use leicester instead, the only team that has really done better and only in trophies.

I think others have already explained.... we're not.

I'd be inclined to give that view the benefit of the doubt - until i remember the long drawn-out pursuit of Djed Spence, a players that Conte says was a 'club buy', and hence Levy/ENIC would have decided to buy him.
Now does that not feel similar to when Poch etc were here before the brave new world of our new stadium? Or is it Conte being disengenious?

But the decision to fund the team and what conte is given is done so with insight from Joe, hence the extra money made available.

So the highlighted part that you may see as an issuebto upset Joe actually has Joe's handprint on it.

Eh, I don't get you? My response is the conversation these relatives/lobbyists would be having with Lewis

Ok i get you. I meant as in people coulod be approaching Lewis saying "we need to ditch this Levy geezer because of X/Y/Z ways he operates etc; Yes, he's made some good profit but with all our new infrastructure we could be making even more AND winning big trophies, plus getting even more sponsorship money and this is how" etc etc

But the decision to fund the team and what conte is given is done so with insight from Joe, hence the extra money made available.

So the highlighted part that you may see as an issuebto upset Joe actually has Joe's handprint on it.

I guess why might find out over time (at least i hope). Could easily be Lewis giving extra funds but as in the past Levy making suggestions to stretch those funds to be used to buy 6/7 players instead of 3 or 4.

I would REALLY like to know why we bought Djed Spence, for example

Back