• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

The thought of SAF taking over for a season or two is tempting though, eh!?

I read that as him saying Ferguson could do better than manage spurs?

For that to be true wouldn't the question have to be "do you think Ferguson could do better than manage Spurs"? Considering the brackets I think it would have to be. I think that's a fairly unlikely direct question.

I interpreted it wrong..

"I think it is pretty fair (to say Ferguson could do a better job)," said the Portuguese manager. "With the record Ferguson has, he would be a pretty good manager in any club in the world."

Charlie Nicholas is making a lot of sense on soccer saturday..

"He's too cautious, he complicates things that are not complicated and they don't actually make any chances"

Hell even Merson made sense...

"when the lesser teams (bottom half teams) play Tottenham they will always be in the football match because they will never bury you"

Both said we would be mad to get rid of AVB.

"He's too cautious, he complicates things that are not complicated and they don't actually make any chances"Hell even Merson made sense...

"when the lesser teams (bottom half teams) play Tottenham they will always be in the football match because they will never bury you"

But if that is a personality trait how are we sure he will be able to change it? He didn't at Chelsea and he hasn't so far this season despite numerous games where we have not created chances. Pundits make me laugh the useless tossers, why having said all that do they then think it would mad to get rid of him what are they basing that on? Or is it they want to see Spurs crash and burn this season.

I interpreted it wrong..

"I think it is pretty fair (to say Ferguson could do a better job)," said the Portuguese manager. "With the record Ferguson has, he would be a pretty good manager in any club in the world."

Video of the interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef9M7DId4TQ

Question at around 2:25. I don't think anyone could have an issue with how he answered it.

"He's too cautious, he complicates things that are not complicated and they don't actually make any chances"

Hell even Merson made sense...

This to me is a rather typical lazy throwaway comment from a pundit. If we start improving going forward it's so easy for the pundit then to say "oh look, he did what I said and stopped complicating things and they got better". Of course we have no way of knowing if that's the case or if it's a case of long term meticulous work paying off in the end with the players successfully adjusting to what AVB wants thanks to his supposed detailed instructions.

But if that is a personality trait how are we sure he will be able to change it? He didn't at Chelsea and he hasn't so far this season despite numerous games where we have not created chances. Pundits make me laugh the useless tossers, why having said all that do they then think it would mad to get rid of him what are they basing that on? Or is it they want to see Spurs crash and burn this season.

Why do you think it's a personality trait?

AVB has done quite a few things differently at Spurs compared to at Chelsea. He did at times play two strikers last season. We haven't played the same system or the same players all the time this season. He changed his mind with Dawson by the reports. People have been sure about a lot of things AVB was almost certain to do only for him to do something different. I think he's shown himself to be nowhere near as stubborn as some people claim.

I also don't quite get why people claim that he's so cautious. Why then play a high line at Chelsea and at Spurs for example? How is that the cautious thing to do when it's different from what the clubs used to do before? Why the attacking move to 4-4-2 when 3-0 down at half time at Etihad, wouldn't the cautious move be to try to limit the damage and avoid a massive defeat?

To me the idea that he's cautious and stubborn seem contradictory seeing as quite a few of the things he gets accused of being stubborn about are not cautious approaches. The cautious approach would be to sign a target man to boot the ball to in case of need, play a deeper defensive line and take fewer chances in possession.

Just can't help yourself can you.. Jesus Christ.

Yet you ignore the original poster that posted the article AND my post later on where i even state that i got it wrong. Keep your agenda and personal dislike away from the topic or ignore my posts in general.

Yet you ignore the original poster that posted the article AND my post later on where i even state that i got it wrong. Keep your agenda and personal dislike away from the topic or ignore my posts in general.

Your instant choice to slate AVB highlights your vendetta and exposes you for the biased WUM that you are..

Seriously, why can't you leave your personal dislike for just about everything spurs out of posts? Why do you even post here? Why even support Tottenham? You are so painfully bitter.

Your instant choice to slate AVB highlights your vendetta and exposes you for the biased WUM that you are..

Seriously, why can't you leave your personal dislike for just about everything spurs out of posts? Why do you even post here? Why even support Tottenham? You are so painfully bitter.

As i said your dislike for me shouldn't be plastered all over threads and i won't retaliate. Hopefully you'll be spoken to again (my hope is that you were spoken to before) and told in no uncertain terms that this behaviour is unacceptable on glory glory forum. Being that you've been here since the last board i'm sure you already know this.

As i said your dislike for me shouldn't be plastered all over threads and i won't retaliate. Hopefully you'll be spoken to again (my hope is that you were spoken to before) and told in no uncertain terms that this behaviour is unacceptable on glory glory forum. Being that you've been here since the last board i'm sure you already know this.

This has nothing to do with a personal dislike.. And I haven't insulted you personally at all, I have merely asked you questions which you have failed to answer as usual.. I don't even know who you are, so get over yourself.

I just can't stand the current breed of spurs fan that you seem to represent so perfectly, it's sickening.. Just so long as we're clear, I will leave it at that.

AVB has done quite a few things differently at Spurs compared to at Chelsea. He did at times play two strikers last season. We haven't played the same system or the same players all the time this season. He changed his mind with Dawson by the reports. People have been sure about a lot of things AVB was almost certain to do only for him to do something different. I think he's shown himself to be nowhere near as stubborn as some people claim.

I also don't quite get why people claim that he's so cautious. Why then play a high line at Chelsea and at Spurs for example? How is that the cautious thing to do when it's different from what the clubs used to do before? Why the attacking move to 4-4-2 when 3-0 down at half time at Etihad, wouldn't the cautious move be to try to limit the damage and avoid a massive defeat?

To me the idea that he's cautious and stubborn seem contradictory seeing as quite a few of the things he gets accused of being stubborn about are not cautious approaches. The cautious approach would be to sign a target man to boot the ball to in case of need, play a deeper defensive line and take fewer chances in possession.

I'm not sure if AVB is overly cautious, my main issue with him is that he's trying to impose a low tempo/possession style of football on a set of players who are more suited to the complete opposite. Personally I love direct counter-attacking football, I think we'd be far more succesful and definitely more entertaining(in my eyes) to watch by playing that way, I want to see the likes of Dembele, Paulinho, Townsend, Lennon, Lamela etc striding up the pitch into acres of space with quick incisive movements, not this infinite left, right, backwards, sideways play I'm currently having to endure. These players aren't Barca players, they're Real Madrid(ish).

This has nothing to do with a personal dislike.. And I haven't insulted you personally at all, I have merely asked you questions which you have failed to answer as usual.. I don't even know who you are, so get over yourself.

I just can't stand the current breed of spurs fan that you seem to represent so perfectly, it's sickening.. Just so long as we're clear, I will leave it at that.

Please do that for all of my posts being that you seem to quote me a lot (whether it's to take things off topic AGAIN or smilies) and i rarely even read your posts let alone decide to quote them (i mean generally and not when i'm retaliating to a post).

In future, if your intentions are harmless, then accept when someone has put their hand up and admitted their mistake (like i did on this occasion)...quoting the post after that shows you have other intentions when you're quoting and some might perceive it as baiting which is against site rules (especially when you've had past disagreements). Thanks.

This place is getting a little tiresome....

A lot of new users trying to settle in, you can't expect them to hit the ground running - once they've found thier feet and gel in to things im sure GG will be back on form and up there with the best...

:)

AVB has done quite a few things differently at Spurs compared to at Chelsea. He did at times play two strikers last season. We haven't played the same system or the same players all the time this season. He changed his mind with Dawson by the reports. People have been sure about a lot of things AVB was almost certain to do only for him to do something different. I think he's shown himself to be nowhere near as stubborn as some people claim.I also don't quite get why people claim that he's so cautious. Why then play a high line at Chelsea and at Spurs for example? How is that the cautious thing to do when it's different from what the clubs used to do before? Why the attacking move to 4-4-2 when 3-0 down at half time at Etihad, wouldn't the cautious move be to try to limit the damage and avoid a massive defeat?

You see I disagree with that paragraph. He has tried different formations and brought in different players but he has played the same "system" - high line and inverted wingers, lots of possession in a small area of the pitch. Yet his "system" has failed to create many chances in the box I would say that is stubborn. It is unless I am wrong essentially the same system as at Chelsea. With respect to Dawson, I think his arm was forced with Kaboul suffering a long term injury and Gallas clearly unable to cope with the high line. How he'd worked out that a 35 year old and 40 year old in goal could cope with the high line, but Dawson could not does make me scratch my head.

So i only just realised AVB had the guy thrown out for the song "your getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the moooooorrrrning, you're getting sacked in the morning. SACKED IN THE MORNING!!!"

i think it might be more than that. if its that song as typed...then one person singing that a bit isnt enough to warrant that reaction...otherwise you're in the wrong job or people wil l start seeing you as a bit of a sissy that cant hack it.

i tink it must have been something else that person said

i mean , potentially now every team will sing that to us you know? better not be that

Back