• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: ***The Official AVB Discussion Thread***

against who?

AVB with the media, not reporting the facts and spinning the story to suit with their 'he is losing his cool' angle and then mentioning in one small line that they understand the abuse was far nastier. Whatever anyone's opinions about his quality as our coach, they must take some offence or get annoyed at blatant **** stirring increasing the scrutiny on our club.

This, along with the idiot board member briefing against him. I don't think as much as he's been made of that as there should have been. Also a disgrace.

It's a bit of a disgrace really, there is a definite agenda against him.

of course there is.

he came in here with a lot of hype based on what he had done in portugal but even more so that arrogance and larger than life character he put forward when he landed on the shores seemed a lot like him trying to play up to his reputation. if results went well he would have ridden anything out...but they didnt, he ****ed off some very powerful footballers, then blamed the chelsea board and essentially almost made out like that blip he had with chelsea had nothing to do with him....he has had a fresh start and he has done well overall but people are waiting for another blip so they can crash land him in what they think would be his place

its all about the media actually liking you...and also how you carry yourself based on your achievements i would think

thats what i get from it anyway

AVB with the media, not reporting the facts and spinning the story to suit with their 'he is losing his cool' angle and then mentioning in one small line that they understand the abuse was far nastier. Whatever anyone's opinions about his quality as our coach, they must take some offence or get annoyed at blatant **** stirring increasing the scrutiny on our club.

This, along with the idiot board member briefing against him. I don't think as much as he's been made of that as there should have been. Also a disgrace.

I've seen you mention this before...what is this about?

of course there is.

he came in here with a lot of hype based on what he had done in portugal but even more so that arrogance and larger than life character he put forward when he landed on the shores seemed a lot like him trying to play up to his reputation. if results went well he would have ridden anything out...but they didnt, he ****ed off some very powerful footballers, then blamed the chelsea board and essentially almost made out like that blip he had with chelsea had nothing to do with him....he has had a fresh start and he has done well overall but people are waiting for another blip so they can crash land him in what they think would be his place

its all about the media actually liking you...and also how you carry yourself based on your achievements i would think

What did he do when he first arrived here? As far as I can see the media embarassed themselves by lauding him as the next Mourinho and were then disappointed when he was nothing like him.

Sure he got the hump with journos at Chelsea but he's done it with us too - seen when he bitchslapped Jiggins over Lloris or a few weeks ago when he insinuated the press have given Moyes a much easier ride than he had. He hasn't really changed too much but the agenda has been there ever since he refused to be a wisecraking Mourinho Mk 2 - they built him up so much and want to knock him down to cover their embarassment.

of course there is.

I'm not sure that he did come here with a larger than life character, in fact I that the press' issue with him is the direct opposite, he is quiet, considered and doesn't really want to play their game. They like a manager who gives them an easy story and AVB doesn't really play that game.

I've seen you mention this before...what is this about?

Few pages back...Barclay in the Standard on Thursday in his article basically said there is one board member briefing the media and serving his own interests, been backed up by a few others since, and now other media has come out with more of a 'of course the board are frustrated but they always will be during a bad run' line rather than the 'he is definitely losing his job' line. It is one guy serving his own interests, and it destabalises the club. An utter disgrace, and I'd say that whoever our manager was, if the rest of the club believed in him.

I'm not sure that he did come here with a larger than life character, in fact I that the press' issue with him is the direct opposite, he is quiet, considered and doesn't really want to play their game. They like a manager who gives them an easy story and AVB doesn't really play that game.

ok

What did he do when he first arrived here? As far as I can see the media embarassed themselves by lauding him as the next Mourinho and were then disappointed when he was nothing like him.

Sure he got the hump with journos at Chelsea but he's done it with us too - seen when he bitchslapped Jiggins over Lloris or a few weeks ago when he insinuated the press have given Moyes a much easier ride than he had. He hasn't really changed too much but the agenda has been there ever since he refused to be a wisecraking Mourinho Mk 2 - they built him up so much and want to knock him down to cover their embarassment.

acting like jose? you couldnt tell those two apart if you didnt see their faces

plus some of his comments during the modric saga was well and truly arrogant sounding...i definately remember the feeling i had back then (just want to elaborate that this is not an agenda thing. just telling what i remember feeling since you asked)

there is no agenda......AVB has a heck of a lot to prove. He wasnt a footballer, he is a very inexperienced manager, i can understand why there are so many doubts about him. When he arrived at Chelsea many were surprised as to how he managed to get such a big job after only one full season in management, and that in an average league. Plus everyone knew he would have a problem from being the DVD guy at Chelsea to suddenly being the manager of that experienced top squad. He flops there, and then gets another big job at Tottenham. There are many more experienced managers in football who dont even get a look in for jobs like the Chelsea one or Tottenham one.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Pardew is a good example of 'regressing to mean'

2011/12: 65 points
2012/13: 41 points
2013/14: 20 points from 12 games

Their mean is probably somewhere in between.

there is no agenda......AVB has a heck of a lot to prove. He wasnt a footballer, he is a very inexperienced manager, i can understand why there are so many doubts about him. When he arrived at Chelsea many were surprised as to how he managed to get such a big job after only one full season in management, and that in an average league. Plus everyone knew he would have a problem from being the DVD guy at Chelsea to suddenly being the manager of that experienced top squad. He flops there, and then gets another big job at Tottenham. There are many more experienced managers in football who dont even get a look in for jobs like the Chelsea one or Tottenham one.

It's not about doubts, it's about deliberately ignoring a crucial part of a story in order to further the agenda that he is losing control.

Few pages back...Barclay in the Standard on Thursday in his article basically said there is one board member briefing the media and serving their own interests, been backed up by a few others since, and now other media has come out with more of a 'of course the board are frustrated but they always will be during a bad run' line rather than the 'he is definitely losing his job' line. It is one guy serving his own interests, and it destabalises the club. An utter disgrace, and I'd say that whoever our manager was, if the rest of the club believed in him.

fixed my friend!

;)

His power struggle with Sherwood.

Particularly this: https://twitter.com/richardajkeys/status/252109876510208001 and suggestions (from Stobbart I think) that Sherwood has been backstabbing him to the media again this week.

power struggle with Sherwood??? why? Afaik, Sherwood doesnt want the Spurs top job so why on earth would he be sabotaging AVB?

does Sherwood influence AVB's tactics and preference in how we play? does Sherwood have an influence on who AVB picks and subtitutes?

if their is any pressure on AVB its all of his own doing. If we were scoring goals and playing some decent entertaining football then it would help his cause no end

I couldn't agree more. This 'board member' needs exposing and rooting out.

power struggle with Sherwood??? why? Afaik, Sherwood doesnt want the Spurs top job so why on earth would he be sabotaging AVB?

does Sherwood influence AVB's tactics and preference in how we play? does Sherwood have an influence on who AVB picks and subtitutes?

if their is any pressure on AVB its all of his own doing. If we were scoring goals and playing some decent entertaining football then it would help his cause no end

No, but I'm pretty sure he wanted Baldini's job. In fact AVB went to the trouble of pointing out one time all the reasons why Sherwood wasn't qualified to be a DoF.

Stobbart wrote in the week how the pair didn't speak all last season (there were also stories of AVB banning Sherwood from the training ground after the Keys incident etc). He also said AVB doesn't play any kids in the UEFA/CC just to spite him.

I guess the issue is more Sherwood's influence over Levy, rather than him being a direct competitor for the coach's job.

You are right though about problems not being Sherwood's doing. But where our good form over the past year has kept him quiet, this little stutter has given him the chance to pipe back up and start wormtonguing again.

No, but I'm pretty sure he wanted Baldini's job. In fact AVB went to the trouble of pointing out one time all the reasons why Sherwood wasn't qualified to be a DoF.

Stobbart wrote in the week how the pair didn't speak all last season (there were also stories of AVB banning Sherwood from the training ground after the Keys incident etc). He also said AVB doesn't play any kids in the UEFA/CC just to spite him.

I guess the issue is more Sherwood's influence over Levy, rather than him being a direct competitor for the coach's job.

You are right though about problems not being Sherwood's doing. But where our good form over the past year has kept him quiet, this little stutter has given him the chance to pipe back up and start wormtonguing again.

i think if Sherwood wanted the DoF role then Levy would have given it him immediately after sacking Redknapp, especially if as you say he has an influence over Levy

im not sure its that. I just think there are plenty of people in football who dont rate AVB, his ideas, or his qualifications for getting the top jobs at Chels and Spurs. Sherwood is probably one of those but that doesnt mean he wants AVB's job or the DoF role. Its just his feelings about AVB that he cant contain to himself

Back