• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Europa League mate, the Europa League..................

Not to be laughed at mate look at Chelsea's players and fans alike celebrating when they won it. I hope we win it and will feel immensely proud if we do.

You can say Levy but he's basically the puppet, it's Lewis who pulls the strings. They didn't back AVB in either transfer window and this is the result. AVB did as much as he could, he's somehow gotten more out of an inferior set of players compared to last season but in the end it counts for nothing.

I dont know the goings on but I cant help but feel AVB was also let down. Not bringing in the players he wanted hindered us.

Having said that im gonna be honest I am totally not impressed with the football ont he pitch as a whole. Its boring and mundane. No team (arse and chelscum) would have gone till the 89th minute to score against a team who whilst resolute had nothing to play for. We were bad in the first half and awful in the first 20 mins of the second half. I dont think we had a shot in the first half - it was southampton game all over. Bale got us out of it AGAIN.

Hopefully the football can be more exciting next season

You can say Levy but he's basically the puppet, it's Lewis who pulls the strings. They didn't back AVB in either transfer window and this is the result. AVB did as much as he could, he's somehow gotten more out of an inferior set of players compared to last season but in the end it counts for nothing.

Er.. what?

Where is any evidence that Lewis has any affect on the day to day running of spurs?

I dont know the goings on but I cant help but feel AVB was also let down. Not bringing in the players he wanted hindered us.

Having said that im gonna be honest I am totally not impressed with the football ont he pitch as a whole. Its boring and mundane. No team (arse and chelscum) would have gone till the 89th minute to score against a team who whilst resolute had nothing to play for. We were bad in the first half and awful in the first 20 mins of the second half. I dont think we had a shot in the first half - it was southampton game all over. Bale got us out of it AGAIN.

Not to be laughed at mate look at Chelsea's players and fans alike celebrating when they won it. I hope we win it and will feel immensely proud if we do.

winning it is fine, its just all the Thurs nights that we will have to deal with it.....and before you mention Chelsea, they didnt have to play the comp from Sept

You can really only say that he was let down if he was promised more than he was given. I can't see any reason to think that's the case.

Er.. what?

Where is any evidence that Lewis has any affect on the day to day running of spurs?

Harry Redknapp said it was Lewis who wanted him replaced, not Levy. Thats quite an influence.

I agree the football has been poor this season especially at home. Also scum and scummer would've put the game to bed sooner than us today so plenty to work on over the summer.

Do you believe we had money available but chose not to spend it? Not being funny just asking.

I don't know. Bids of £22m for Moutinho and £16m for Damiao would suggest we have money but I'm not sure how real they actually were. Joe Lewis has plenty of money, billions in fact but he'd rather spend it on a boat than Tottenham.

winning it is fine, its just all the Thurs nights that we will have to deal with it.....and before you mention Chelsea, they didnt have to play the comp from Sept

I agree the Thursday/Sundays are a nuisance. Point taken re Chelsea too.

If you actually revisit our home performances this season, game by game, you would be utterly shocked at how poor we actually were.

I don't know. Bids of £22m for Moutinho and £16m for Damiao would suggest we have money but I'm not sure how real they realy were. Joe Lewis has plenty of money, billions in fact but he'd rather spend it on a boat than Tottenham.

We don't know how much of that is paper talk though. I admit its frustrating to think Lewis has all this money but he's never gonna give it to us as a gift so what can we do?

If you actually revisit our home performances this season, game by game, you would be utterly shocked at how poor we actually were.

its something AVB has to sort out thats for sure.

We don't know how much of that is paper talk though. I admit its frustrating to think Lewis has all this money but he's never gonna give it to us as a gift so what can we do?

To be honest it would be to his advantage no? He invests boosts our chances of realisation potential therefore great book value of the club and subsequently the assets of players.

I don't think anyone's letting us down, we're trying hard within our means and it's just unfortunate that our means are so damn limited compared to our rivals. I guess you could say Joe Lewis should back us with a few quid but then again, we can't exactly demand someone throw millions down the drain for us when those millions could well go to a Bentley/Bent/Pav and their agents for five years rather than, say, the education of a thousand Indian schoolchildren. (Yes yes it's more likely to be his yacht but let's face it, sugardaddies are the exception not the rule.)

We can still play smarter though, and more adventurous. I understand the conservative logic of buying prem-proven goals but in truth goals don't translate from team to team when there is no creative backing behind them. I also hope we better integrate the youngsters next season into the cups/Europa; what's the point of spending so much time and money on overhauling our youth structure if we can't test out the new batches? A great DOF this summer is a step in the right direction and I'm glad AVB agrees!

That's exactly what i believe.

I also believe that we chose not to spend; but I think this was down to AVB and NOT Levy.

I honestly think AVB beleived that he could get top 4 without spending the money of specific strikers. Call it confidence, call it not wanting to spend in Jan so we could save money for the summer, but I don't think AVB pointed out some strikers to Levy and Levy said 'nah'...

This summer's transfer activity will tell us for sure what happened in January imo

Well done to AVB and his back room team, a fantastic 1st season when you look at who left, the injuries we had to key players for large parts if not all of the season and a very sticky start

Hopefully he will get in the players he wants this summer not the players the board wanted to sign and who knows where we will go from here..

The future is bright the future is lillywhite

I also believe that we chose not to spend; but I think this was down to AVB and NOT Levy.

I honestly think AVB beleived that he could get top 4 without spending the money of specific strikers. Call it confidence, call it not wanting to spend in Jan so we could save money for the summer, but I don't think AVB pointed out some strikers to Levy and Levy said 'nah'...

This summer's transfer activity will tell us for sure what happened in January imo

Why do you think that? AVB loves Damiao. He loved Willian. And Moutinho. The club delivered none of them because we're too cheap, not because AVB said no boss I'd rather stick it out with Defoe and Adebayor all season.

I hope we can get our targets in early and not have to do the usual wait til the last minute stuff; so at least AVB can get the players entwined with our platying style early.

It will be harder next season; AVB's methids will be tested more thoroughly by the opposition, AVB wil have to start making harsher decisions and they'll be no more space for 'nicey-nicey' interchanges like "Hi Gareth, Hi Aaron. Do you fancy coming off now or do you fancy playing on until the end?"

Back