• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Why do you think that? AVB loves Damiao. He loved Willian. And Moutinho. The club delivered none of them because we're too cheap, not because AVB said no boss I'd rather stick it out with Defoe and Adebayor all season.

I'm sure he said he's rather play with one striker generally. Plus, there were others we could have gone for like Negredo who could have done a job. It's easy to want to buy 50m plus players or no-one. If those were our ONLY targets then, can we expect to get ANYONE now?

Why do you think that? AVB loves Damiao. He loved Willian. And Moutinho. The club delivered none of them because we're too cheap, not because AVB said no boss I'd rather stick it out with Defoe and Adebayor all season.

We're cheap because we didn't spend silly amounts of money on Damio and Willian?

Not sure if serious.

I hope we can get our targets in early and not have to do the usual wait til the last minute stuff; so at least AVB can get the players entwined with our platying style early.

It will be harder next season; AVB's methids will be tested more thoroughly by the opposition, AVB wil have to start making harsher decisions and they'll be no more space for 'nicey-nicey' interchanges like "Hi Gareth, Hi Aaron. Do you fancy coming off now or do you fancy playing on until the end?"

not sure...if anything, he was easily sussed out very early on. Weve had problems all season breaking teams down. AVB will have to come up with new tricks anyway so he has work to do in the summer

Late goals seem to be AVBs thing, I thought I'd check up on his Porto season..

63 games
37 goals scored in the last 15 minutes

then I looked at his Chelsea period...

40 games played
18 goals scored in last 15 minutes

then obviously this year with us..

54 games played
30 goals scored in the last 15 minutes

Last edited:

63 games

40 games played

54 games played

Impressive. Fergie time, eat your heart out.

Fantastic first season in charge, really couldn't have asked more from him, we were short of strikers, short in back up for wingers, short of a back up left back, never short of dealing with the press flimflam from the start, short of a creative midfield after Modric left and Moutinho deal fell through in the last hour and the Lloris situation. Yet the man still managed a new record points tally in the Prem, our highest in the league for 28 years and our highest ever during a 38 game league season.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Last edited:

63 games

40 games played

54 games played

Thankfully the mindset appears to have gradually been instilled into the players over the course of this season, as I remember that we conceded late goals in each of our first 4 league games and following the Everton reverse back in December (our 16th league game) we had conceded 10 goals in the last 15mins of games with only 5 scored:

Twitter / OptaJoe: 10 - Spurs have conceded 10 goals in the final 15 mins of their PL matches this season, a league high figure and 40% of their total. Late.

However we have conceded only 1 goal and scored 13 in the final 15 mins of the 22 league games since then =D>

Last edited:

tumblr_mmsvu3z4H81r2xls3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mmsvu3z4H81r2xls3o1_500.jpg

Spurs fan captures his emotions ahead of Arsenal-Wigan game.

Via GFOP @EarlofShoop

[video=youtube;_fkmq32Ltr8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fkmq32Ltr8[/video]

Finally, a Tottenham compilation video worth watching =D>

Re: AVB -> Napoli!

As much as I don't think it will happen, if it does I give up. It'd show how much of a joke the club is.

I wouldn't say no chance as Napoli are a special club if you are of age to remember them with Maradonna, I can understand the romance of it.

Hopefully he'll stay though.

I wouldn't say no chance as Napoli are a special club if you are of age to remember them with Maradonna, I can understand the romance of it.

Hopefully he'll stay though.

A special club? You must be joking!! Other than the Maradona years they did SFA. Special clubs in Italy are Juve and the Milan clubs. Roma and Fiorentina have more history than Napoli...

No harm in approaching clubs for players or staff. Happens all the time and we don't even hear about it.

On the other hand, does tapping up only exist in the UK ?

As it says in the article, they don't know if we'd entertain an offer, which we won't. So it's a nothing story IMO.

good work by AVB's agent during his current contract negotiations with Tottenham;)

A special club? You must be joking!! Other than the Maradona years they did SFA. Special clubs in Italy are Juve and the Milan clubs. Roma and Fiorentina have more history than Napoli...

you are right they do, but there is something about Napoli, it invokes memories for me that are magical, my first dalliance with foreign football, that great Milan side with all its stars beaten by a workman like Napoli with the talismanic el diego and a babyish gianfranco zola, flares in the stands, proper shorts, black boots, awful pitches, world cup graphics, it was a beautiful beautiful thing, i'm misty eyed just thinking about it

If the Mafia want their man they get their man.

Dear Mr Levy

AVB or horses head.

Love the Napoli maffioso.

How big are your balls Daniel? And how strong is the lock on your stable?

Back