• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB - Making Tottenham His Own

Andre Villas-Boas today tipped Chelsea to win the Premier League next year and admitted his Tottenham squad may fall behind their rivals unless they strengthen their squad.

"I think Chelsea next season will absolutely be the team to beat, bearing in mind the manager change and the manager that we expect to come,

"Our step at the moment is to be into the Champions League, probably not title contenders but we hope to be competitive next season if we manage to do things properly in the summer.

"You have to strengthen for next season to get a higher tally of points."

8-[

right on, baby.
give it as it is!

To this I say two things. One is that the viewpoint I was given was only from one player and the majority of the training he did was pre-season. Second point is that what players say publically and what they say privately are two different things. It is more uncommon for a player to speak the truth publically than to actually just do a bit of positive PR.

How very convenient for your argument to be able to ignore what the players have said and to imply that they actually feel very differently (despite the fact that you have no idea how they feel).

But I call flimflam on it.

The players didn't have to say anything about training under AVB. If they weren't happy, they wouldn't have gone out of their way to say that they were.

You don't know do you? Believe me, under Redknapp there was a lot of ball work involved. He often used to let the players get on with it and if left to their own choice most players just want to practice new techniques and play football rather than pattern play!

I think it's incredible that we are fortunate enough to have found a Dutchman who knows Rafa Van Der Vaart and also knows about how our previous manager ran his training sessions PLUS has such knowledge of the egregious PR scams our players are engaging in to cover up for the current manager. All I can say Old Bill, is where oh WHERE were you last season my clued-up Dutch friend?

You don't know do you? Believe me, under Redknapp there was a lot of ball work involved. He often used to let the players get on with it and if left to their own choice most players just want to practice new techniques and play football rather than pattern play!

I have no idea, but that's quite a lot more than you.

Andre Villas-Boas today tipped Chelsea to win the Premier League next year and admitted his Tottenham squad may fall behind their rivals unless they strengthen their squad.

"I think Chelsea next season will absolutely be the team to beat, bearing in mind the manager change and the manager that we expect to come,

"Our step at the moment is to be into the Champions League, probably not title contenders but we hope to be competitive next season if we manage to do things properly in the summer.

"You have to strengthen for next season to get a higher tally of points."

8-[

I like the way he is putting pressure on Levy in his recent interviews, but I hope he isn't doing it because he feels he isn't going to be backed in the Summer.

If not I shall ask you three questions about cheese to see how Dutch you are !

I think it's incredible that we are fortunate enough to have found a Dutchman who knows Rafa Van Der Vaart and also knows about how our previous manager ran his training sessions PLUS has such knowledge of the egregious PR scams our players are engaging in to cover up for the current manager. All I can say Old Bill, is where oh WHERE were you last season my clued-up Dutch friend?

It is no problem to me, but I will now stop posting then :) I was on another Spurs board last season but left because most posters are idiots. I now have an Administrator on this board in the post below yours insulting me and that is just not fun. Especially considering that Administrator doesn't seem to be very old or know much about football or life! :lol:

I don't claim to be there on the training ground but I know a LOT of Dutch players due to the work I do and one of my best friends is one of the best players in the world and so I have socialized on many occasions with team mates of his over the years, and yes as I love football I obviously talk to them about it. I run my own youth teams and am always trying to pick their brains for what they do in training that might help my kids as they're the true experts.

It is natural for me that when someone I know plays for one of the two clubs I love that I am going to speak to them about that club, no? Would you not do the same? I don't know much about how the club is going now as he is no longer at the club and doesn't talk in great length to any of the players still at the club. But for sure I got great input from him for the time he was at Spurs, including the brief time he spent working under AVB. I thought other Spurs fans may be interested in that, but I guess if those fans have different agendas of what they want to believe then it can be inconvenient for someone to come in with different knowledge so for sure they're going to pour scorn on that poster. I am a big guy and can take it but I really have wasted too much time on here anyway and there is too much of a clique on this forum with dumb agendas to make me want to stay around. I can take it or leave it, so I shall leave it as it is only matter of time before a ban when one of the Administrators is a dingdong :lol:

Drama-queen.gif

It is no problem to me, but I will now stop posting then :) I was on another Spurs board last season but left because most posters are idiots. I now have an Administrator on this board in the post below yours insulting me and that is just not fun. Especially considering that Administrator doesn't seem to be very old or know much about football or life! :lol:

I don't claim to be there on the training ground but I know a LOT of Dutch players due to the work I do and one of my best friends is one of the best players in the world and so I have socialized on many occasions with team mates of his over the years, and yes as I love football I obviously talk to them about it. I run my own youth teams and am always trying to pick their brains for what they do in training that might help my kids as they're the true experts.

It is natural for me that when someone I know plays for one of the two clubs I love that I am going to speak to them about that club, no? Would you not do the same? I don't know much about how the club is going now as he is no longer at the club and doesn't talk in great length to any of the players still at the club. But for sure I got great input from him for the time he was at Spurs, including the brief time he spent working under AVB. I thought other Spurs fans may be interested in that, but I guess if those fans have different agendas of what they want to believe then it can be inconvenient for someone to come in with different knowledge so for sure they're going to pour scorn on that poster. I am a big guy and can take it but I really have wasted too much time on here anyway and there is too much of a clique on this forum with dumb agendas to make me want to stay around. I can take it or leave it, so I shall leave it as it is only matter of time before a ban when one of the Administrators is a dingdong :lol:

Nothing wrong with the info. It is gladly received.

But, though you may not be aware of it, your posting style is somewhat grating and know-it-all . If you could show just a little more humility, I'm sure that everyone here would be delighted for you to continue posting.

For GHod sakes, calm down, just tell them to fudge off and keep posting.

I like the way he is putting pressure on Levy in his recent interviews, but I hope he isn't doing it because he feels he isn't going to be backed in the Summer.

i think he is trying to put pressure on Levy to loosen the purse strings. Im sure AVB knows we are not able to compete for the likes of Falcao, Cavani etc, but there are players out there we can go for who will improve on what we have. However we will need the chairman to be quicker in the market and more open to spending without having to sell first

good luck with that AVB 8-[

I am sure Rafa would then freely admit to you that he has a hair-trigger temper and could start a fight in an empty room if the mood is wrong.

A shame you won't stick around much longer...you have given this forum the balance it used to have when an old postee called MLK used to contribute. A necessary balance I'd say. Oh well, enjoy...I love Holland and the Dutch!

You can say Levy but he's basically the puppet, it's Lewis who pulls the strings. They didn't back AVB in either transfer window and this is the result. AVB did as much as he could, he's somehow gotten more out of an inferior set of players compared to last season but in the end it counts for nothing.

You can say Levy but he's basically the puppet, it's Lewis who pulls the strings. They didn't back AVB in either transfer window and this is the result. AVB did as much as he could, he's somehow gotten more out of an inferior set of players compared to last season but in the end it counts for nothing.

Europa League mate, the Europa League..................

Do you believe we had money available but chose not to spend it? Not being funny just asking.

Back