• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: AVB -> Napoli!

If the Mafia want their man they get their man.

Dear Mr Levy

AVB or horses head.

Love the Napoli maffioso.

How big are your balls Daniel? And how strong is the lock on your stable?

Levy : A horses head ? We'll give you £15m. We can pay £2.50 just now and the rest in weekly installments of £1.50

Napoli : Were not offering the horses head for sale

Levy : You drive a hard bargain, ok, £8m. We can pay £3.65 up front with the rest in weekly instalments of 75p

Napoli : You're fudging crazy

Levy : See you 31st Aug :)

they can have AVB if they give us Cavani. Otherwise fcuk orf

If the Mafia want their man they get their man.

Dear Mr Levy

AVB or horses head.

Love the Napoli maffioso.

How big are your balls Daniel? And how strong is the lock on your stable?

Cavani or Sandro on your doorstep?

Your choice

Love #lastminute Levy

Less than a year in charge and he's already after an improved deal?

He signed a 3 year contract, I'd hope we were trying to get him tied down to another 4 at least now he's proven what he can do despite not really getting any of his preferred targets.

AVB had a golden start with Porto, a bad experience with Chelsea and now he is restoring and enhancing his reputation with us. If he is ambitious, and I'm sure he is, staying with us and seeing how far he can get us could be a preparation for one of the big boys. Napoli is at best a sideways move.

Another factor is that the chairmen in Italy do seem to engage in games with the fans. Going for an unattainable manager could be proof of ambition.

Also, I must say I find it really funny how this works within the game. I'm sure it is literally someone from AVB's management in the ear of someone else in the game drumming up this story in order to help with contract negotiations. It's good in a way because it means we are tying him down, but I find it funny that Levy wouldn't realise that if he tried to fudge AVB around that he could go elsewhere. As if he's going to read the Metro and think 'Oh brick! Other clubs might hire him? Better give him what he wants...' he would surely know full well where he could potentially go if he left us.

Like the Harry to Ukraine story just before QPR decided to be like 'Oh brick! He travels from the South Coast to take Spurs training every single day but he genuinely might go to Ukraine! Better sign him up!' Do people within the game really get influenced by the news like that? Are these stories being fed into the system really necessary? I would have definitely thought the guys running things would be aware of all the potential outcomes when entering a negotiation, and would surely see a fluff news story exactly for what it is.

AVB had a golden start with Porto, a bad experience with Chelsea and now he is restoring and enhancing his reputation with us. If he is ambitious, and I'm sure he is, staying with us and seeing how far he can get us could be a preparation for one of the big boys. Napoli is at best a sideways move.

Another factor is that the chairmen in Italy do seem to engage in games with the fans. Going for an unattainable manager could be proof of ambition.

My only worry is that as soon as he thinks his reputation is sufficiently 'restored', he will leave us. And I can see why, because we never would have gotten him had it not gone so wrong at Chelsea, so we are doing each other a favour.

His language such as 'Put Tottenham back on track with titles' and not something like 'Build something for the long term' suggests to me he only views this job as something to do for a couple of years. He can lend his expertise to us and get us where we need to be, maybe maintain our competitiveness while the new stadium is being built, but once his reputation is restored fully and he looks like a legitimate choice to manage a top, top club then I fear he will go. I really hope I'm wrong though.

My only worry is that as soon as he thinks his reputation is sufficiently 'restored', he will leave us. And I can see why, because we never would have gotten him had it not gone so wrong at Chelsea, so we are doing each other a favour.

His language such as 'Put Tottenham back on track with titles' and not something like 'Build something for the long term' suggests to me he only views this job as something to do for a couple of years. He can lend his expertise to us and get us where we need to be, maybe maintain our competitiveness while the new stadium is being built, but once his reputation is restored fully and he looks like a legitimate choice to manage a top, top club then I fear he will go. I really hope I'm wrong though.

AVB is still a baby in management. The Chelsea job was way too big for him and in many ways the Tottenham job is also bigger than his experience so far.

He is not a genius, or the second coming, he has a hell of a lot to learn as we have seen ourselves during the season with us.

if he thinks he is ready for clubs like Utd, Real, Barca, Bayern in the next few years then thats a massive risk that could blow up in his face again

AVB is half (!) the age of SAF... he has time on his side to stay with us for a decade and still then go and take one of the big(ger) boys on. He really is a management baby, but with bags of potential

AVB is half (!) the age of SAF... he has time on his side to stay with us for a decade and still then go and take one of the big(ger) boys on. He really is a management baby, but with bags of potential

The problem is he's said he only wants a short career in management and wants to use management to be able to travel the world and live in South America. I don't see us getting that many years out of him. :(

The problem is he's said he only wants a short career in management and wants to use management to be able to travel the world and live in South America. I don't see us getting that many years out of him. :(

That's what I said when I was 36 too! Ten years later and I am still no closer to the beach house in Porte Alegre, and retirement in the sun! :)

I don't think AVB will jump ship this summer as he has said he wants stability just now and hasn't ever been at a club more than a year, however he has also said that he'd like to manage all over the world and i wouldn't expect him to hang around for a decade like Fergie/Wenger have done. I think he'll be with us one or two more seasons and then move onto another league/another country.

Durham was loving this news tonight on Drivetime. Sometimes you do start to think we are the only team in the Premiership, although he did go nearly 48 hours without a Spurs-related story

Back