• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Odobert

Well i must admit i have never really noticed him before but i like the way we seem to have a idea of what we are doing. So many young promising players signed and IF we see them progress over the next couple of seasons we should have a lot to look forward too.

This is it, the inability to judge each signing on its own merits is tiring now, you try to avoid it but its so prolific its hard not to see it.

People saying "ohhhh its only a Burnley player" when with respect to others they have been crying for us to sign lowly European players which seems is just because they are abroad. Facts are we won't know till we know

A lot of the moaners probably thought we signed a young Irish kid instead of a French one.

I am starting to dislike our social media fan base, it's constant negativity about new signings. This kid is what 19? is he supposed to turn us down because our fans want Eze or Neto? its ridiculous how our fan base get so worked up about players we have been linked to even though there was never any mention about talks between the clubs and then we bring in a promising player out of the blue and they cry about it. I really am seeing why we are one of the most hated fan bases in England. We haven't won fudge all for years and have been overachieving but we still have entitled fans who think we should be signing the best players and winning everything, its ridiculous.
Just turn it off. In all honesty what does it really add? Just pop in here from time to time.

Otherwise....do a bit of gardening, clear out some drawers, stroke the cat??

No clue about this guy from me. But liking what I am reading and watching so far.

What's really intriguing is the young core that Is being assembled ‐ Sarr, Udogie, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear, Van de Ven, and now this guy.

Heck, Porro is only 24, same as Djed Spence, Johnson and Kulusevski. Romero is 26.

If we're out to recruit young talent going forward Spurs look like an exciting place to be.

No clue about this guy from me. But liking what I am reading and watching so far.

What's really intriguing is the young core that Is being assembled ‐ Sarr, Udogie, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear, Van de Ven, and now this guy.

Heck, Porro is only 24, same as Djed Spence, Johnson and Kulusevski. Romero is 26.

If we're out to recruit young talent going forward Spurs look like an exciting place to be.
and most if not all of those will play week in week out, not like Chelsea who sign loads but never play them

Reminds me of Ginola Gascoigne and Nethercott rolled into one ... great things await ... no pressure

I love to have players who cared as much about the club as Nethercott, remember seeing him in tears of joy when we were standing near him at Wembley when we beat Leicester in league cup final.
I think those days are over when a player can be 80% passion and 20% ability to make it.

It has rather set an expectation now that we have something else lined up that will be sprung on us without any prior rumours. We could be bitterly disappointed!

People love to spend their summer moaning about us not getting our players in early and then have a moan if we don't do any late business as well.

I think those days are over when a player can be 80% passion and 20% ability to make it.

I don't think you can say he "made it" with us, 50 odd games in 5 years show he was a squad player at best, I do expect our players to have a passion for the club they get a great reward for playing for us, that's one of my reasons for being so down on LoCelso who obviously doesn't give a fudge despite the "theres a player in there" line.

I don't think you can say he "made it" with us, 50 odd games in 5 years show he was a squad player at best, I do expect our players to have a passion for the club they get a great reward for playing for us, that's one of my reasons for being so down on LoCelso who obviously doesn't give a fudge despite the "theres a player in there" line.
For me as a spurs fan that's making it for me ... but as a professional those days of carrying fodder are gone

This x100

- Current squad -> Udogie, VDV, Dragusin, Spence, Porro, Sarr, Gray, Bergvall, Johnson, Deki, Wilson (that's 11 players basically <24, likely to improve significantly over next 2-4 years)
- Prime players -> Vicario, Bentancur, Maddison, Romero, Solanke (5 players very close to their peak, and likely to have another few years at that level)
- Senior Pros -> Son & Davies (only real 1st team squad players over 30)

Then you have the potentials -> Yang, Moore, Veliz, Philips, Vuskovic, Lankshear, Devine, Donley, Scarlett (even if only 3 of those make it to first team, it's a big plus)

People love to spend their summer moaning about us not getting our players in early and then have a moan if we don't do any late business as well.
Seen loads on Twitter saying about what Brighton are doing, we're doing similar and it's why aren't we signing players from elite clubs

Seen loads on Twitter saying about what Brighton are doing, we're doing similar and it's why aren't we signing players from elite clubs
I think our new approach has way more value. Actually getting in young players with potential vs. literal bench fodder is something I've been wanting to see for a while now. I think the last time I got excited about a "big" signing was Rafa VdV from Real. I think one-offs like that can still happen but those signings always seemed like a bonus vs. intentional strategy.

And as a lot of us keep saying, if Ange actually plays these youngsters, it's really going to have a knock-on effect with the rest of the more senior players having to work harder and play more diligently in order to keep their spot in the starting 11.

Back