• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Odobert

I am starting to dislike our social media fan base, it's constant negativity about new signings. This kid is what 19? is he supposed to turn us down because our fans want Eze or Neto? its ridiculous how our fan base get so worked up about players we have been linked to even though there was never any mention about talks between the clubs and then we bring in a promising player out of the blue and they cry about it. I really am seeing why we are one of the most hated fan bases in England. We haven't won fudge all for years and have been overachieving but we still have entitled fans who think we should be signing the best players and winning everything, its ridiculous.
That's self inflicted on your part. Firstly because you bother looking at it in the first place, secondly because you're obviously just following bitter, low life moaners.

I've not seen much negativity, if any, on my feeds.

That's self inflicted on your part. Firstly because you bother looking at it in the first place, secondly because you're obviously just following bitter, low life moaners.

hahaha .. mate, take one look at twitter/reddit/youtube on a match day .. negativity would be a nice way to describe it, I envy your decent feeds ..

I think our new approach has way more value. Actually getting in young players with potential vs. literal bench fodder is something I've been wanting to see for a while now. I think the last time I got excited about a "big" signing was Rafa VdV from Real. I think one-offs like that can still happen but those signings always seemed like a bonus vs. intentional strategy.

And as a lot of us keep saying, if Ange actually plays these youngsters, it's really going to have a knock-on effect with the rest of the more senior players having to work harder and play more diligently in order to keep their spot in the starting 11.

I actually think Ange has no choice, his pressing/tempo requirements is the kind of thing that requires younger/hungry players .. I don't think it's a surprise in 2nd half of pre-season games, bringing on Bergvall, Gray, Moore, etc sometimes actually lifted our game (and yes, I understand in PL it is a bigger ask)

hahaha .. mate, take one look at twitter/reddit/youtube on a match day .. negativity would be a nice way to describe it, I envy your decent feeds ..
I am. Twitter that is. Reddit is just 14 year olds. No offence, but I'm obviously following more level headed/intelligent people than you are.

I actually think Ange has no choice, his pressing/tempo requirements is the kind of thing that requires younger/hungry players .. I don't think it's a surprise in 2nd half of pre-season games, bringing on Bergvall, Gray, Moore, etc sometimes actually lifted our game (and yes, I understand in PL it is a bigger ask)
I think this is where we really need to see a rolling succession plan. We had a great young, hungry team under Poch. And we watched them all mature and improve and almost, almost achieve the pinnacle. But they didn’t and perhaps there was a reluctance to move players on because we knew they deserved to keep going and win something. We are almost starting from scratch again now and it does feel that we have the younger and hungry players you mention in the background, positioned to take over when the time is right. Exciting times.

I think this is where we really need to see a rolling succession plan. We had a great young, hungry team under Poch. And we watched them all mature and improve and almost, almost achieve the pinnacle. But they didn’t and perhaps there was a reluctance to move players on because we knew they deserved to keep going and win something. We are almost starting from scratch again now and it does feel that we have the younger and hungry players you mention in the background, positioned to take over when the time is right. Exciting times.
The youth coming through will push that
We didnt have .., or didnt want that under Poch and a lesson has been learned
Also helps we have talent in a abundance now

Agreed, I've heard a lot of pro's say that the arrival of a newbie makes everyone work harder and up their game and look over their shoulder and go the extra mile.

I'm feeling really positive about our squad; it might be too young/inexperienced, but in terms of talent and future growth it is looking superb.

Also, it is routine for players to play whilst slightly injured and tired, so I'm hoping Ange rotates more than he did, to keep things fresh AND to keep all players involved.
Much better to let a player sprint for 60 minutes and sub him out, then do the opposite in the following game, rather than trying to get 1 player to play 90 minutes twice.

Precisely

I felt that if a player got to 27/28 they should have just been sold as the drop off and decline becomes noticeable.

I don’t follow anyone actually, i look at the comment section on well known Spurs pages and other such sporting pages. You see them where ever you look.

I notice Brighton signed the guy second in that list....
And we were supposedly interested in the guy third. I'll take that to likely mean this signing was based on the metrics and Odobert was an alternative to Doue.

I see that his successful takeones are great (97th percentile by all standards not just teenagers). It's honestly something I've been arguing we need, we just don't have any wingers before he signed that are actually good at beating their man. We are going to need those abilities if we continue to play teams that sit to counter us.

His progressive carries and SCA actions are also rather good. Statistically his underlying metrics make him arguably the best winger we now have. Now of course we need to see that on the pitch and how that fits with the system, but happy to see how it all works.

And we were supposedly interested in the guy third. I'll take that to likely mean this signing was based on the metrics and Odobert was an alternative to Doue.

I see that his successful takeones are great (97th percentile by all standards not just teenagers). It's honestly something I've been arguing we need, we just don't have any wingers before he signed that are actually good at beating their man. We are going to need those abilities if we continue to play teams that sit to counter us.

His progressive carries and SCA actions are also rather good. Statistically his underlying metrics make him arguably the best winger we now have. Now of course we need to see that on the pitch and how that fits with the system, but happy to see how it all works.
Definitely a profile we lacked. Will be interesting to see how quickly he can make himself useful.

I agree with you. We have too much of a muchness with wingers and no one that can beat a player from a standing position. If teams sit deep it's a lot harder for us to create so we need this kind of player....

If we think Kulusevski will be used more central this year, options as wingers this season could be:

Johnson 23
Moore 17
Yang 18
Odobert 19

I was under the impression that Yang won't join us for quite some time yet. Wasn't he loaned straight back or something?

Edit: he will join us in January. :)

I don’t follow anyone actually, i look at the comment section on well known Spurs pages and other such sporting pages. You see them where ever you look.
Here's a good representation of what I see
Screenshot_2024-08-17-10-30-48-98_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

If you see mainly negativity, remember the old saying that is very accurate: Empty barrels make the loudest noise.

Just turn it off. In all honesty what does it really add? Just pop in here from time to time.

Otherwise....do a bit of gardening, clear out some drawers, stroke the cat??

Is that what we are calling it these days?

Someone tell J. Arthur Rank.

Actually, clearing out some drawers sounds equally smutty.

Back