• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Odobert

I am starting to dislike our social media fan base, it's constant negativity about new signings. This kid is what 19? is he supposed to turn us down because our fans want Eze or Neto? its ridiculous how our fan base get so worked up about players we have been linked to even though there was never any mention about talks between the clubs and then we bring in a promising player out of the blue and they cry about it. I really am seeing why we are one of the most hated fan bases in England. We haven't won fudge all for years and have been overachieving but we still have entitled fans who think we should be signing the best players and winning everything, its ridiculous.
Thing is all fans are like this. Not just ours.

wow ...must be good..
marksy get back to the ufo phenomena it makes more sense..
and interesting!
what a waste of money..... 6/10....
Waste of money before he has even played or been given a chance to fulfil his high potential?
And would lay a heavy wager that you know the square root of sweet fa about him.

Latest episode of The Lab (Flav from Fighting rooster more "serious" pod about Spurs) is with Harry Brooks on Odobert. Worth a listen for some proper insight on him!

I'm really excited about Wilson. I think he is the closest thing to Dembele, a midfield dribbler and ball carrier. And he's already experienced.

No clue about this guy from me. But liking what I am reading and watching so far.

What's really intriguing is the young core that Is being assembled ‐ Sarr, Udogie, Bergvall, Moore, Lankshear, Van de Ven, and now this guy.

Heck, Porro is only 24, same as Djed Spence, Johnson and Kulusevski. Romero is 26.

If we're out to recruit young talent going forward Spurs look like an exciting place to be.
Also looks like we're not going to win anything this season, but if things continue as they are now, i anticipate we could be strong challengers for honours in about 3 to 5 years

Also looks like we're not going to win anything this season, but if things continue as they are now, i anticipate we could be strong challengers for honours in about 3 to 5 years

I hope we do win one of the cups this season but i do believe that if we keep working on these young signings the future could be really exciting.

I like the current focus on two footedness. Think we had it with Poch's team in Eriksen, Son, Kane and it makes a big difference. His first touch and willingness to pick up the ball deep also look useful.

There is a profile for sure across most of Ange's signings -> Size, Pace, Technical ability (including both feet) plus younger and right attitude.

Add in actually buying players that fit a need (VDV for speedy covering CB, Solanke for in box CF), we looking scarily well modelled

Bit defeatist, what makes you think we're unlikely to win anything this season.
We're in the top 10 sides in the prem, decent cup draws and a bit of luck can go a long way to winning silverware.
Agree on the 3 to 5 years progress thing but we should be looking to win things along the way, I think we're good enough to.

Bit defeatist, what makes you think we're unlikely to win anything this season.
We're in the top 10 sides in the prem, decent cup draws and a bit of luck can go a long way to winning silverware.
Agree on the 3 to 5 years progress thing but we should be looking to win things along the way, I think we're good enough to.
Just too many changes and lots of young additions not players in their prime. All good and smart things really.

But yeah with "luck" anything could happen, but you need a lot of quality to beat any of the top 4 clubs in a sequence of games which a lot of cup finals come down to.

It will be time bound against the length of his contract (and of course need checking as his employer has changed).
I'm sure it is indeed something to do with that, although his Burnley contract still had a couple of years to run I believe.
So it must be that maybe the work permit has to be reset / reapplied for when the employer changes and therefore a new contract is drawn up., though I can't remember this being an issue before.

Back