• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wilson Odobert

Burnley fans on their message boards suggesting that the price could well be around the 30m mark.

Burnley fans on their message boards suggesting that the price could well be around the 30m mark.
Apparently some French journalist is saying EUR 37m plus sell-on. Haven't been able to find anything though.
There was a Belgian who broke the news about half an hour before it was announced it seems.

This has to be the most out of the blue official announcements in just about forever. Tight ship in deed.

Don't know much about him. Think I remember him causing some real problems for full backs last season, but also looking very raw. But I may remember that wrong.

Seems to be a very good profile fit. Young, but with PL experience. Good stuff.

Kompany predicts a bright future for the France Under-21 international and suggests Burnley fans should make the most of having Odobert at the club.

“I will almost refrain from what I really think about him, because at this moment in time, I don’t think people realise how good he is,” he said.

“He’s still playing in a team that is playing for survival, but the things he’s able to do, whether it’s defending or whether it’s attacking…like I said I will refrain from what I really think because I don’t want to jinx it, I don’t want to create a situation where the expectations become too big for him too soon.

“He’s in the right place right now with us, that’s absolutely the right step. He’s getting the right game time he needs for his development.

“But we will have fond memories of him in five or six years’ time when we have this conversation again.”

Back