• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

I wonder whether the merry-go-round will turn, and we'll see Mou at Liverpool and Ancellotti back at Chelsea?? Can't help thinking that Chelsea see Ancellotti as their 'banker' back-up... not sure Klopp will actually like the challenge inherent with Liverpool at the moment... an imbalanced squad, and even with money, a challenge to bring enough of the 'right' players in without CL guarantees, and the need to offload misfits from the roster...

I think that Rodgers has his strengths but his weaknesses are glaring. He has been pretty poor in the transfer market at Liverpool and his inability to settle on a formation has been fatal. He is a manager who would be far better off working under a DoF.

but he has been working under a transfer committee who have been giving him a load of dud names to choose from....there is a lot he can be blamed for, but Liverpool and their obsession with moneyball signings scrutinized by the committee need to take the majority of the blame for the wasted money

I wonder whether the merry-go-round will turn, and we'll see Mou at Liverpool and Ancellotti back at Chel53a?? Can't help thinking that Chel53a see Ancellotti as their 'banker' back-up... not sure Klopp will actually like the challenge inherent with Liverpool at the moment... an imbalanced squad, and even with money, a challenge to bring enough of the 'right' players in without CL guarantees, and the need to offload misfits from the roster...

if Ancellotti has any sense he should wait for the Utd job once LVG leaves in 2017....thats the kind of set up he loves and Utd would be mad not to line him up now in fact to take over from LVG

but he has been working under a transfer committee who have been giving him a load of dud names to choose from....there is a lot he can be blamed for, but Liverpool and their obsession with moneyball signings scrutinized by the committee need to take the majority of the blame for the wasted money

Did the money ball committee expect him to constantly play players out of position? Since Suarez left Rodgers hasn't known his best formation or best starting X1. This weekend he was still experimenting with 3 at the back. He was sussed out and ran out of options.

Yea I don't think the transfer committee bought Can as a centre back somehow! Also, how do we know Rodgers didn't want the players they signed, he seemed pretty bullish in the press about all of them!

brenvelope.png

I like Klopp's rock and roll pasona. But not sure he is a top top manager his Dortmund side was unique and fell apart when Lewandowski departed rather like liverpool did when Suarez left . Will be an interesting time for Liverpool.

Did the money ball committee expect him to constantly play players out of position? Since Suarez left Rodgers hasn't known his best formation or best starting X1. This weekend he was still experimenting with 3 at the back. He was sussed out and ran out of options.

i said he is culpable for other things, like team selection and tactics etc....like talking gobsh!te most of the time:)

Whilst I understand that politically it wouldn't be wise to veto every suggestion made by the committee, but he must have had some input, some say? He must have made suggestions that were agreed, even if it were in player type rather than name.

He was part of the committee so he shares accountability imo. He's certainly happy to take the credit when his wonderful, world class group of supremely talented youngsters actually managed to occasionally score more than they conceded so his hands are as dirty as Ayre's, Henry's and whoever else was in the meetings when it comes to the failures.

£29m Firmino can't get a game. £20m Markovic on loan. £20m Lovren good for the knacker's yard, double digits on Origi, Allen, Borini and Illori. It's a shambles.

Whilst I understand that politically it wouldn't be wise to veto every suggestion made by the committee, but he must have had some input, some say? He must have made suggestions that were agreed, even if it were in player type rather than name.

He was part of the committee so he shares accountability imo. He's certainly happy to take the credit when his wonderful, world class group of supremely talented youngsters actually managed to occasionally score more than they conceded so his hands are as dirty as Ayre's, Henry's and whoever else was in the meetings when it comes to the failures.

£29m Firmino can't get a game. £20m Markovic on loan. £20m Lovren good for the knacker's yard, double digits on Origi, Allen, Borini and Illori. It's a shambles.

yes some responsibility as he was part of the committee............but take Benteke as an example, he is so not a Rodgers type of player. He is a very good striker imo and not just a big lump as is often suggested, but to have him in your side means you have to play a certain way. Rodgers likes his teams to play intricate passing moves in the final third and for that you cannot successfully incorporate a player like Benteke. But Liverpool signed him and paid 32 mill for him:eek:

Yes, but if Rodgers considered Benteke unsuitable, all he has to do is say what you just wrote. Would the committee decide to spend £30 million on a player who the manager says can''t play his system? It's one thing going for youngsters when you see potential and value, splashing £30m on an unsuitable player is rather against the Moneyball ethos.

Never understood the hype with him.
What system, style philosophy is he known for? He made it up as he went along. You never knew what you were getting one half to another never mind from game to game.
Compare him with Poch, when Poch was brought in we had an Idea of what we were getting, what the system and tactics would be. He was given two seasons to shape the team to suit. You could see where signings and promoted players where going to fit in.
Pick almost any manager and you have an idea of what to expect in shape and style.
Brendon seems to be through them all on the pitch, I can make them do anything and if it doesn't work I'll spout some philosophical bs.
Found it ironic that Tim was held up as the anti Brendon but I could never really see much difference. The pundits of course would tell evey different.

Yes, but if Rodgers considered Benteke unsuitable, all he has to do is say what you just wrote. Would the committee decide to spend £30 million on a player who the manager says can''t play his system? It's one thing going for youngsters when you see potential and value, splashing £30m on an unsuitable player is rather against the Moneyball ethos.

how about if the committee thought it was better to get in players who tick all the boxes and if the manager cannot adjust his tactics to get the best out of them then its easy to just change the manager

i think we are going down the continental route now where clubs will more easily dispense with managers that are not providing results and performances, but in the meantime the clubs will make sure they buy the players

I like Klopp's rock and roll pasona. But not sure he is a top top manager his Dortmund side was unique and fell apart when Lewandowski departed rather like liverpool did when Suarez left . Will be an interesting time for Liverpool.

I know what you mean, he could be the next Mourinho or AVB ( although at the moment AVB might be the better choice :D:D:D)

Back