• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Klopp is used to working with a limited budget at Dortmund. A bit like Pochettino was used to it before joining us.

If anything Klopp should be asking for time to build, not money. He took over at Dortmund and finished 6th and 5th in his first two seasons. An improvement on their previous run (7th, 7th, 9th, 13th), but not much more than regression to the mean based on spending power I'm guessing. And nothing exceptional with a club that size overtaking not particularly competitive teams in the Bundesliga imo. We also saw last season just how spectacularly wrong his method can go when it doesn't work, or even their first season in the CL. Even at Mainz, despite an impressive promotion and Bundesliga performance they did get relegated and he failed to take them straight back up again.

I think he's a fantastic manager/head coach. And for a club looking to outperform their current financial limitations, like LIverpool, I think he'd be a great appointment. For me he's one of the likeliest candidates to do just that. He's very good at developing talent and young players, and they have a lot of talented young players. But at the same time he's no miracle worker. But the risk, or expected variance, from his style also means that some patience will probably be needed. At Dortmund previous poor results got him that patience almost as a given I believe. But as we've seen with Rodgers at Liverpool averaging out at the level they're expecting to finish financially over 3 seasons will not be enough to keep you safe.

I know but he is not going to be short on other offers and he is not going to want to risk damaging his reputation by accepting the wrong job. Regardless what FSG say now, he will not be given time there unless the team are doing well.

I know but he is not going to be short on other offers and he is not going to want to risk damaging his reputation by accepting the wrong job. Regardless what FSG say now, he will not be given time there unless the team are doing well.

Unless he wants to go somewhere really low profile (didn't West Ham claim to target him - lol), he's not going to get many jobs where he gets more time than at Liverpool I think. Fact is most "top 4" jobs in England and the top Spanish/German jobs will not allow him much room to breathe at all. Finishing outside the top 4 in England for example and he's probably done. At least with Liverpool 5th/6th this and next season is probably acceptable. And I'm not convinced the truly elite clubs will offer him a job anyway...

I actually think a club like Liverpool, or ourselves if we weren't blessed with Pochettino, would be a very good fit for him.

CQesIIGWcAADm10.jpg

That was before today's game I think.

Unless he wants to go somewhere really low profile (didn't West Ham claim to target him - lol), he's not going to get many jobs where he gets more time than at Liverpool I think. Fact is most "top 4" jobs in England and the top Spanish/German jobs will not allow him much room to breathe at all. Finishing outside the top 4 in England for example and he's probably done. At least with Liverpool 5th/6th this and next season is probably acceptable. And I'm not convinced the truly elite clubs will offer him a job anyway...

I actually think a club like Liverpool, or ourselves if we weren't blessed with Pochettino, would be a very good fit for him.

I'm not saying it would be a bad choice for him, I am just thinking out loud. The big attraction to a manager of that job must be that the ceiling is very high if you can get them into the Champions League for a few successive seasons.

fudge off with your 100 million and they should be challenging for the title.

fudge off with you supposedly turning us down because we sack managers too easily.

I actually think Rodgers is a good manager. But his media persona thing at Liverpool has been ridiculous. If he can rebuild at a smaller club and reign in the way he presents his ego a bit he could still be a great manager I think.

Oh and one more LOL at some of the comments made on here around the time we were chasing and getting Pochettino. If only Levy would do like Liverpool. If only we hadn't missed out on Rodgers because of him. If only Levy trusted his manager with the money and just let him sign whoever he wanted.... Hilarious...
Despite all that is written about Levy and his sacking of managers I actually don't think he would have sacked Rodgers if we had been in the corresponding position to Liverpool. I agree with you Rodgers is a very good manager, remember he finished higher with Liverpool than we did even with the likes of Modric, Bale and Vdv in our team. But while he has been in charge the way he has conducted himself has cemented my hatred for him and Liverpool.

Liverpool is becoming a big, big joke as a club.
Fire him after 1-6 against Stoke in the last game of the season, and finishing the season terrible? No.
Giving Rodgers nearly 100 mill to spend in the transfer market, and sack Pascoe and Mike Marsh instead of all of them? Yes, of course.
Fire him after 8 games into a new season with a lot of new players, just 3 points off CL qualificaton, and all to play for in 4 competitions? Yes, indeed.
What a brick club, I'm laughing my ass off!
They're doing it now in the hope of getting either Ancelotti or Klopp before they are snapped up.

I think that Rodgers has his strengths but his weaknesses are glaring. He has been pretty poor in the transfer market at Liverpool and his inability to settle on a formation has been fatal. He is a manager who would be far better off working under a DoF.

I think Carlo will be Emirates Marketing Project manager next season, to try and win them the Champions League. He won't go to Liverpool imo.

Surely it will be Klopp.

If he couldn't hack the media attention with us, he would not last half a season there.

true, he'd never buy into the group think mentality and publicly fellate them the way brenton did, thankfully the fans would be far to stupid to realise the potential

They're doing it now in the hope of getting either Ancelotti or Klopp before they are snapped up.

Probably. But if they were planning to fire him at this point if the results and performances were like this it really makes little sense to "let him" spend the money in the summer. I suppose it depends on how much say he had in the transfer market. Perhaps deals were done with one eye looking at Klopp, but still that doesn't quite sit right.

A run this poor or worse was probably coming sooner or later anyway. 4th or better was always going to be a huge stretch. To give him 7 games just to see if he starts great really seems strange. Particularly considering the rebuilding job needed after losing Gerrard and Sterling + Sturridge being out.

I'm not saying it would be a bad choice for him, I am just thinking out loud. The big attraction to a manager of that job must be that the ceiling is very high if you can get them into the Champions League for a few successive seasons.

Yeah. Quite similar to Dortmund in that regard, big potential if things go your way. The key question is time I suppose.

------------------------------------------

Although Rodgers has averaged out quite decent results the instability is tough to accept I suppose. Also interesting that Gerrard released that there were quite a few problems behind the scenes. Rodgers was super annoying with his "persona", but it seemed like the fans and pro-Liverpool parts of the media lapped it up. Seems that the players didn't really..

Couldn't happen to a nicer man. I'm not worried about them getting a new manager in time for playing us.

I think that it will be Klopp, which is a shame as I like him. As for whether he will do a good job there, I'm not so sure. They obviously want quick results, and I think his "style" will take some getting used to by the players. If they get AvB, that would be hilarious. RAWK would melt down.

Was hoping it would be us that "ended" him. The man epitomised everything I dislike about that club. And we were due a win against them, IIRC we beat him at the first attempt but then lost all of the next five.

At times his team did play some great football and I'm sure he will be given other opportunities in the Premier League before long. But Liverpool appeared to be going backwards very quickly. The stats don't lie - the only Liverpool manager to fail to win anything in his first three seasons, the most goals they've ever conceded in a Premier League season and I'm pretty sure he's spent more money than any other Liverpool manager too. Yes, he's had to deal with the losses of Suarez, Gerrard and Sterling, with Sturridge being out injured for a long time. But just look at this list of players he's brought in to replace them

CN6-DbVWcAADbCq.jpg

Some absolutely shocking transfers in there. Consider the stick Baldini got here, despite bringing in the likes of Eriksen, Alli, Son and Alderweireld - Rodgers' list makes very bad reading.

I can't see them getting Ancelotti to replace him. Why would he need to go to a club outside of the Champions League? Klopp is a realistic option, but again he may be looking to see what happens at City. Both men will probably be keeping an eye on the Bayern job too, especially if the oil barons think about bringing Guardiola in to replace their current managers. I would be surprised if they go for another upper mid-table Premier League manager so I would rule out Koeman and Monk. Their fans will insist upon a proven "winner". Which is why I think De Boer may be the one they end up going for in the end...

Even though the (w)hole club is a mess, I can't imagine that they'd fire him now without having spoken to and having some sort of deal with a replacement manager. It would be absolute madness!

Back