• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

how about if the committee thought it was better to get in players who tick all the boxes and if the manager cannot adjust his tactics to get the best out of them then its easy to just change the manager

i think we are going down the continental route now where clubs will more easily dispense with managers that are not providing results and performances, but in the meantime the clubs will make sure they buy the players
The problem with this approach is it tends to ensure the club stockpile a bunch of 'multi-purpose' players who can (allegedly) play in a number of roles, and it is up to the manager to select the best 'mix' of multi purpose players into a functioning team unit. Liverpool have ended up therefore with a squad that has jack of all trade players, none of whom (apart from maybe Benteke) is a master of one position. It will not be easy for an incoming manager to sort out the mess. If he concentrates on playing a stable team, with players in a designated role and position you furthr risk squad unity. I am not convinced that either Klopp or Ancelloti will be able to wave a magic wand and pick a style and team that works consistently as the overall squad as it stands really isn't that strong.

The problem with this approach is it tends to ensure the club stockpile a bunch of 'multi-purpose' players who can (allegedly) play in a number of roles, and it is up to the manager to select the best 'mix' of multi purpose players into a functioning team unit. Liverpool have ended up therefore with a squad that has jack of all trade players, none of whom (apart from maybe Benteke) is a master of one position. It will not be easy for an incoming manager to sort out the mess. If he concentrates on playing a stable team, with players in a designated role and position you furthr risk squad unity. I am not convinced that either Klopp or Ancelloti will be able to wave a magic wand and pick a style and team that works consistently as the overall squad as it stands really isn't that strong.

agree

i didnt say this approach is the correct one, its pretty nuts tbh, but i wouldnt be surprised if this is how Liverpool operate.

"Liverpool have won one Carling Cup in 10 years. Liverpool are becoming Tottenham. They think they are a big club but the real big clubs are not too worried about them. That is the situation for Liverpool. I’m not just blaming Brendan Rodgers, it was the situation when I was there.

– SKY SPORTS PUNDIT JAMIE CARRAGHER

"Liverpool have won one Carling Cup in 10 years. Liverpool are becoming Tottenham. They think they are a big club but the real big clubs are not too worried about them. That is the situation for Liverpool. I’m not just blaming Brendan Rodgers, it was the situation when I was there.

he seemed to like scoring for us so much i'm not sure if he's being critical or aspirational

I like Klopp's rock and roll pasona. But not sure he is a top top manager his Dortmund side was unique and fell apart when Lewandowski departed rather like liverpool did when Suarez left . Will be an interesting time for Liverpool.

I don't think he'd do much at Liverpool tbh - he never ousted Bayern Munich in Germany and he's basically up against 3 comparative clubs here, 4 if you want to include Arsenal.

Are Dortmund the German Liverpool?

More like Leeds or Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Big fan base, had some success long ago. Difference is Dortmund has managed to win some stuff in the last two decades as well, but that's because there is only Bayern to compete with. Everyone else are yoyo clubs.

Financially speaking, no - Dortmund spend the most outside of Bayern in Germany (in wages anyway) in England Liverpool are 5th

This 5th in pecking order, I would have thought would put off Kloop and Anchilotti?

I just don't see a better bet than the Ajax manager! He will be more of a long term bet, if there is such thing in football management!

This 5th in pecking order, I would have thought would put off Kloop and Anchilotti?

I just don't see a better bet than the Ajax manager!

Trouble is managing a side expected to win the league every season because you're the biggest and most powerful club in that country doesn't really set you up to manage the 5th biggest/most powerful club in another league - at least not on paper anyway. With that also being his only managerial job to date and him being a club legend there i certainly wouldn't expect him to hit the ground running and ultimately would he get the time at a club like Liverpool? Hodgson certainly didn't and less than two seasons after nearly winning them the league Rodgers now finds himself out of work...

yes some responsibility as he was part of the committee............but take Benteke as an example, he is so not a Rodgers type of player. He is a very good striker imo and not just a big lump as is often suggested, but to have him in your side means you have to play a certain way. Rodgers likes his teams to play intricate passing moves in the final third and for that you cannot successfully incorporate a player like Benteke. But Liverpool signed him and paid 32 mill for him:eek:

I find it hard to know what Rodgers' likes in his teams. He has had three or four different approaches at Liverpool and no system lasts more than a handful of poor games. He's quick to try and claim that everything is part of his master plan when things are going well but conveniently forgets this when the brick hits the fan.

indeed, the switch to a back three this season seemed to be prompted solely by it working last year when he didn't have a choice

they can be effective on offense but the defence has never worked and the signings they made at CB and GK have been questionable to say the least

This is classic media pundit flimflam "Pool are becoming Tottenham" that comparison might work if you didn't actually know that we have been better than them for 6 out of the last 7 seasons in the league, won same number of trophies, actually been to more domestic cup finals (and semi's).

So how do you become "brick" by being a side that is actually better than you? fudging deluded victims.

The real comparison might be Pool are becoming Saudi Sportswashing Machine ...

Liverpool would have to improve to be Tottenham.
Doesn't matter who they bring in, if they don't buy into his project it won't work. The committee need to have an agreed agenda at that point. Can't see that happening.

Also this talk of transfer committee is also a bit of a nonsense. Rogers is on that committee and by all accounts had final say with Balotelli being the example.

The truth is a transfer committee is no different to what has always taken place. A bunch of scouts coming with recommendations and the manager and chief exec saying either yay nor nay. Brendon has only himself to blame for the poor performance at Liverpool and the lack of return on the £300m that they have spent. It was his decision to sign Balotelli and Benteke with the former being a disaster. It was his decision to sign Lovren.

As for Carragher's talk about Liverpool becoming Tottenham. Who gives a fudge what this cretin thinks. The guy is a pundit and a scouser, so he's only ever going to say things like Liverpool should be amongst the top echelon of clubs. He's still living in the past with all Liverpool's success in the 80s and granted they have a more successful history than us, but at this moment in time we have the better recent history and the better team.

I doubt Ancelotti will go there and it would not surprise me if Klopp refuses as well. The reason why I say this is because of Chelsea. We all know how they like to gazump people, and it would not surprise me if they are already talking to others about replacing Mourinho. Mourinho obviously knows this hence his outburst in the interview. If either Ancelotti or Klopp had any sniff of Chelsea, they will wait.

Having said all of that, even if they get Klopp, I can't see how he is going to turn around the club quickly. They are the fifth richest club in the league and that's their ceiling.

I doubt Ancelotti will go to them, no question that guy could get a CL club.

Kopp is a risk, a character that I could easily see the English media turning on, and I don't think he's a controlled enough character to deal with that.

The big issue for Pool is they have spent massive amounts of money (very little of which that can be recouped), and they have lost their one differentiator between them on other PL clubs (they used to have patience with managers). The next manager is gong to have even less time than BR.

And like us (of two years ago), there is the issue of unrealistic/unfounded expectation, their fans and the media still believe they "belong" in the top 4, despite no recent history, budget or reason to assume that.

I doubt Ancelotti will go to them, no question that guy could get a CL club.

Kopp is a risk, a character that I could easily see the English media turning on, and I don't think he's a controlled enough character to deal with that.

The big issue for Pool is they have spent massive amounts of money (very little of which that can be recouped), and they have lost their one differentiator between them on other PL clubs (they used to have patience with managers). The next manager is gong to have even less time than BR.

And like us (of two years ago), there is the issue of unrealistic/unfounded expectation, their fans and the media still believe they "belong" in the top 4, despite no recent history, budget or reason to assume that.

Bang on. Their level of expectation is far higher than ours! Also with regards to patience with managers, I don't believe they show any more patience than most other clubs. The only reason why they had longevity of managers is because they had CL. Their managerial merry-go-round started as soon as Emirates Marketing Project took their place in the top 4. Whoever they get in know will last 3 seasons at most, because the fans and the powers that be believe they should be in the top 4.

Bang on. Their level of expectation is far higher than ours! Also with regards to patience with managers, I don't believe they show any more patience than most other clubs. The only reason why they had longevity of managers is because they had CL. Their managerial merry-go-round started as soon as Emirates Marketing Project took their place in the top 4. Whoever they get in know will last 3 seasons at most, because the fans and the powers that be believe they should be in the top 4.

It's highly amusing watching the RAWKites turn on each other about who supports the manager the most. At Liverpool we have patience, we're different than all the other clubs. etc. etc. *barf* They certainly are different, but not in the way they think they are.

It's highly amusing watching the RAWKites turn on each other about who supports the manager the most. At Liverpool we have patience, we're different than all the other clubs. etc. etc. *barf* They certainly are different, but not in the way they think they are.

Exactly, and I hope it continues. It will put more and more pressure on them and take away the "aura" that the club has. I used to like watching Liverpool play but in the last 8 years I have grown to dislike them massively. The fans are so blinded by past glories that they cannot ever say a bad word about Dalglish. The revere with which they hold Rafa is hilarious even now when Gerrard put the boot into him. The fact that they think they are the best fans in the land because they applaud opposition teams when there has been a good passage of play is puke inducing.

Then you have the Kop and the history of the club and the way that they are portrayed in the media. If ever something was holding them back it is this. This history seems to automatically mean that they have a divine right to beat every other team. They've challenged once for the title in the last 10 years. Their version of moneyball is awful. A bricky club with bricky fans in a bricky area of the country.

So he's in "no rush to return to management".

I bet not. brick it annoys the hell out of me when people who are bad at their job and get sacked end up getting such nice pay offs!

Back