• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

So he's in "no rush to return to management".

I bet not. brick it annoys the hell out of me when people who are bad at their job and get sacked end up getting such nice pay offs!

I agree with the general point you are making, although i'd say in this case, and very many football management cases, he wasn't bad at his job, he was adequate at it

I think he's a total chancer yes, all soundbite and no substance, but, i've never looked at any of his liverpool squads and thought, they should be doing better, yeah he played a part in building that squad, but again, could they sign better players? I'd say no, he isn't a coach players are desperate to work with and they are not CL regulars, their extravagant spending power has only allowed them to get overcharged thus far and players still see them as a stepping stone

could someone else have done a better job? certainly, do I think replacing him is going to be a magic button? certainly not

I agree with the general point you are making, although i'd say in this case, and very many football management cases, he wasn't bad at his job, he was adequate at it

I think he's a total chancer yes, all soundbite and no substance, but, i've never looked at any of his liverpool squads and thought, they should be doing better, yeah he played a part in building that squad, but again, could they sign better players? I'd say no, he isn't a coach players are desperate to work with and they are not CL regulars, their extravagant spending power has only allowed them to get overcharged thus far and players still see them as a stepping stone

could someone else have done a better job? certainly, do I think replacing him is going to be a magic button? certainly not
They should have won the league. The attack of that team was on autopilot. Mike the headless chicken could have managed that team to 2nd with the flow they had that season. Brentons job was to make sure they let in fewer goals than they scored. He failed to do that.

I disagree, yeah, Suarez was on fire and Sturridge was in the greatest run of consecutive games of his career, but they were still a class behind city and chelsea, who both under achieved that season

Klopp is interesting in many ways. I'm not 100 % convinced he would take on the challenge managing Pool IF the transfer committee will be there. He worked with Zorc in Dortmund, that went well. But I think Klopp is as passionate as it gets, and if he cant have the last word every time they buy a player...
For me Klopp is a brilliant personality. I watched Dortmund a lot from 2011 till this summer, just because of him.
His football is extremely demanding. You have to run even more than what Poch wants to be a success in Klopps team, thats for sure.
I see that Milner (I know...) and Henderson will be very important, actually Ings as well. Not so sure about Coutinho, but I've heard he tried to sign Firmino to Dortmund on at least one occation.
If he gets the job, and get the players he wants (and thats a big if) - Liverpool will be a top 4 team for me. I dont like it, but that's my opinion.
By the way: One thing Klopp isnt good at, is organizing the defence. At Dortmund the team run over nearly other team. But they let in weak goals. And they did it quite a lot.

I don't care what he did. Gerrard slipping is among top 10 moments in PL history.

there is an errant extra 0 in that post

it's the greatest thing that has ever happened in the universe, the happiest moment of my life, the birth of my children pales into insignificance when compared to the joy in my heart at the look on that cnuts face as he got back to his feet

there is an errant extra 0 in that post

it's the greatest thing that has ever happened in the universe, the happiest moment of my life, the birth of my children pales into insignificance when compared to the joy in my heart at the look on that cnuts face as he got back to his feet

Personally I think I rate Crouch's goal higher, but can't think of much else. Hearing the groans from the neighbouring room at the pub as they were being demolished by Stoke last season was pretty great too.

This is just the highlights of one page from one thread on RAWK. :rolleyes:

"If we had retained a team with Suarez, or in the future if we ever assembled a team of galacticos, there would be few other manager I would approach beyond Brendan Rodgers. He is the definition of someone who can keep a ship steady and on course, but not someone who can plan it's course or manage in moment of crises. A modern day Alberto Bigone, or a footballing version of Erik Spoelstra. In a way, Rodgers would have been ideal fit AFTER Rafa.. but alas he came AFTER Hodgson."

"No caveats - thanks for all the brilliant footy, making the club and city proud again and showing us all that the hope is not just a wild dream."

"Brendan is not a charlatan nor a chancer as various folks anti- (and some pro-) Liverpool have suggested.

Seems a smart, intelligent guy and I'll bet he goes on to have an excellent managerial career.

The Emirates Marketing Project match at Anfield in 2014 was best live sports event I've ever witnessed, and he was the coach that day w/ thousands singing his name.
That was great!

I wish him all the best!"

"Thank you Brendan for the great memories. I think deep down you know that you could do no more here, but the respect you have for the club, it's history and people exemplifies your class. It is not often a modern manager conducts themselves with the professional respectful manner you have, and I hope you never lose that. It's a shame for all that follow this great club that both your and our dreams haven't been fulfilled."

"He's a top fella. The stick he gets for the tv show and his interviews etc are nonsense. He tried hard for us, he was a couple of games away from immortality and generating the biggest party the footballing world would have ever seen in 2014."

Rodgers sacking 'all part of his masterplan'

BRENDAN Rodgers has confirmed that being fired was something he had planned all along.

After poor results which saw Liverpool adopt a 1-2-0-2-2-1-1-1 formation in a bid to score using neuro-linguistic programming techniques, the club decided to find someone ‘less sophisticated’.

Rodgers said: “I will now sit on my sofa in my pants for the next three months, eating Wotsits and staring at my self-portrait. This will generate an upturn in results with a draw away at Norwich in January.

“In 2018, when I’m doing after dinner speeches in Dubai, Liverpool will win the League Cup as a result. It’s all in my dossier.”

In a statement, the club thanked Rodgers for ‘whatever the hell it was he had been doing for the past three and a half years’.

It is understood Rodgers offered to write the statement himself, claiming to be ‘one of the world’s top five sacking statement writers’.

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport...ing-all-part-of-his-masterplan-20151005102589

Back