• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Victimpool FC - Klopp leaving, grown men crying

Really hope they don't get Klopp...

Someone quick email Liverpool all the positive posts made about Sherwood on here in the last couple of years. Maybe they'll bite. Tell them he'd be the moneyball signing!

"The murmurings of some people at the club not being set on Klopp are worrying. Reminds me of when we turned out noses up at Rafa. Imagine where we'd be if he'd come back"

:D

I know Klopp did well at Dortmund...I dunno, just got a feeling that Dortmund were perfect for him. I'm not convinced that he'll come to a Premier League club with mega expectations and be able to make it a success. His entire playing and management career was 3 clubs, all in Germany. Just something in the back of my mind saying that it won't work for him, an opinion that I'm basing on phuck all.

Timing is everything, I don't think that now is a good time to take over Liverpool.

Will Brenton go to Sunderland?

no, to Southampton, with Koeman going the other way ;)

or Villa, with Sherwood going to the ............

Job+Centre_1196_18981049_0_0_4000265_300.jpg

If they get Klopp he will be a very good short term appointment.

Klopp has said his management style he has to speak the same language as the players so he can connect with them and get the very best out of them.

Lewendovski said playing for Klopp is mentally tiring. One of the reasons why he left Dortmund.

I cant see Carlo Ancelotti taking over, I will be gutted if he does I rate him so highly

If they get Klopp he will be a very good short term appointment.

Klopp has said his management style he has to speak the same language as the players so he can connect with them and get the very best out of them.

Lewendovski said playing for Klopp is mentally tiring. One of the reasons why he left Dortmund.

I cant see Carlo Ancelotti taking over, I will be gutted if he does I rate him so highly

Is the squad there a good fit for Klopp?

Liverpool is becoming a big, big joke as a club.
Fire him after 1-6 against Stoke in the last game of the season, and finishing the season terrible? No.
Giving Rodgers nearly 100 mill to spend in the transfer market, and sack Pascoe and Mike Marsh instead of all of them? Yes, of course.
Fire him after 8 games into a new season with a lot of new players, just 3 points off CL qualificaton, and all to play for in 4 competitions? Yes, indeed.
What a brick club, I'm laughing my ass off!

Klopp's Dortmund at their best were setup for quick counter attacks. Liverpool's current squad is very average, almost like us a few years ago a lot of very similar players all about the same level.

They covered a lot of ground and closed down very quickly from the front. I wonder whether he is a manager who would be well suited to coming in half way through a season and working with another manager's players. Particularly at a club like Liverpool where there has been so much change both in terms of players and tactics.

They covered a lot of ground and closed down very quickly from the front. I wonder whether he is a manager who would be well suited to coming in half way through a season and working with another manager's players. Particularly at a club like Liverpool where there has been so much change both in terms of players and tactics.

I think there's a very good chance they would have to give Klopp time to change things for it to work out for him there. If they do though it seems to me that he has the quality to really succeed there.

If they expect him to come in and turn around this season and just build from there and get stronger every season I'm not sure he's a good appointment.

I think there's a very good chance they would have to give Klopp time to change things for it to work out for him there. If they do though it seems to me that he has the quality to really succeed there.

If they expect him to come in and turn around this season and just build from there and get stronger every season I'm not sure he's a good appointment.

I agree. I was wondering about their immediate prospects if he came in.

I also wonder how much more FSG will be willing to spend. Rodgers has spent a fortune and they do not have a lot of players that they will make a profit on. I would assume that Klopp would want assurances that he will have a sizeable transfer budget if he were to accept the job.

I agree. I was wondering about their immediate prospects if he came in.

I also wonder how much more FSG will be willing to spend. Rodgers has spent a fortune and they do not have a lot of players that they will make a profit on. I would assume that Klopp would want assurances that he will have a sizeable transfer budget if he were to accept the job.

Klopp is used to working with a limited budget at Dortmund. A bit like Pochettino was used to it before joining us.

If anything Klopp should be asking for time to build, not money. He took over at Dortmund and finished 6th and 5th in his first two seasons. An improvement on their previous run (7th, 7th, 9th, 13th), but not much more than regression to the mean based on spending power I'm guessing. And nothing exceptional with a club that size overtaking not particularly competitive teams in the Bundesliga imo. We also saw last season just how spectacularly wrong his method can go when it doesn't work, or even their first season in the CL. Even at Mainz, despite an impressive promotion and Bundesliga performance they did get relegated and he failed to take them straight back up again.

I think he's a fantastic manager/head coach. And for a club looking to outperform their current financial limitations, like LIverpool, I think he'd be a great appointment. For me he's one of the likeliest candidates to do just that. He's very good at developing talent and young players, and they have a lot of talented young players. But at the same time he's no miracle worker. But the risk, or expected variance, from his style also means that some patience will probably be needed. At Dortmund previous poor results got him that patience almost as a given I believe. But as we've seen with Rodgers at Liverpool averaging out at the level they're expecting to finish financially over 3 seasons will not be enough to keep you safe.

Back