• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

I agree with your thinking (except the West Ham bit). Football has become so predictable over the last few years. It is just the same clubs competing with the same clubs for same prizes ad nauseum. The only time it gets interesting is when one of the establishment implodes like Moyes at Utd or Jose and Chel53a this year, and even then it is usually just a temporary blip. How nice would it be to have one or more different teams upset the order of things.
last time I can remember is when Leeds came up and one the league in their first season, football would be more interesting for me if it were like that again. Most often I watch at home on t.v. or at the ground, but sometimes I go out to pubs in Brighton and you hear the way these young kids in their 20's talk and they nothing about football and they all support "big" teams.

I do wonder if football would be as popular with the average joe in the street if different teams won the league. It is another reason for me for different teams to win the league cos I really can not stand the average football fan in the pubs in town.

Teams with world class individuals rarely win the league... It's world class teams that do

Last season Chel53a had hazard playing at a world class level but the rest of the team all played at a consistently high level too

We're currently doing that without a stand out individual we have to rely on. That has to be better long term

Definitely true. I think I covered that with the first message & so wanted to try to convey the idea that we have a lot of young talent through our squad. Our team work so hard together, fight for each other and it's the unity of the team that is a big part of our current form.

We are soon going to be in the position where opposition view us as a scalp to get due to our long unbeaten run. Each game will be tough and so it will be a challenge to our young team but I have more confidence in the team than for a long time.

Maybe we have World Class players in development. How good can Alli be in future? How good can Kane be in future? Lamela seems to get better all the time. We have young players who have been on top form and have every chance to be up amongst the best players in the World in future years IF they continue their development as expected.

As I said in my reply to Milo, we have more room to grow and improve than the teams around us due to the age of our squad.

As I said in my reply to Milo, we have more room to grow and improve than the teams around us due to the age of our squad.

Definitely, plus our players are likely to be fresher than other teams around us. Our players have a higher level of natural fitness due to their younger age.

I agree with your thinking (except the West Ham bit). Football has become so predictable over the last few years. It is just the same clubs competing with the same clubs for same prizes ad nauseum. The only time it gets interesting is when one of the establishment implodes like Moyes at Utd or Jose and Chel53a this year, and even then it is usually just a temporary blip. How nice would it be to have one or more different teams upset the order of things.

Agree except West Ham. It's good to see different teams in the top 4. Although I do hope Leicester will crash back to Earth soon so we can take their place.

Agree except West Ham. It's good to see different teams in the top 4. Although I do hope Leicester will crash back to Earth soon so we can take their place.

If we stay above all the teams currently below us we will finish in the top 4. There's no reason to worry about Leicester (or West Ham or Southampton or Swansea). These early surprise teams always drop away eventually.

It's testament to our season so far that i feel DEVASTATED that we didn't win today.
In the end it was Stoke/Wimbledon tactics that got Arsenal back into the game. That in itself is interesting and might say something about how they might be a more serious title contender this year but i digress...

We need to be much MUCH more clinical in games like this, especially away from home; seems like Eriksen didn't have his clinical boots on today, sadly. We also need to deal better with the route one stuff, though we are still better than we have been in the recent past.

Gooner friends of mine saying this is the best Spurs side they've seen in year; along with Claude from ArsenalTV comments that sadly says we are starting to become noticed.

Onwards and upwards, let's beat WHam next time out and keep up our momentum.

COYS

I wonder what @Neymar thoughts are on the game?

He always says "i tend not to post in the Spurs New and Views threads because i get too emotional and talk crap" and then posts what he posts in The Goon Thread lol:p

If we stay above all the teams currently below us we will finish in the top 4. There's no reason to worry about Leicester (or West Ham or Southampton or Swansea). These early surprise teams always drop away eventually.

Soton are a dangerous team, no fluke they are where they are given they finished so close to us last season.

Leicester are taking advantage of having a striker in out of this world form but I don't think anyone serious believes Vardy will keep up this current pace.

last time I can remember is when Leeds came up and one the league in their first season, football would be more interesting for me if it were like that again. Most often I watch at home on t.v. or at the ground, but sometimes I go out to pubs in Brighton and you hear the way these young kids in their 20's talk and they nothing about football and they all support "big" teams.

I do wonder if football would be as popular with the average joe in the street if different teams won the league. It is another reason for me for different teams to win the league cos I really can not stand the average football fan in the pubs in town.
That's a good question and it probably deserves it's own thread.

Has football ever been more popular? Well in my own lifetime probably not but the media saturation is probably the main reason for that IMO. You can't get away from it.

My own boys (11 and 7) are football mad as are all their mates. They are bombarded with the 'product' from every angle. The YouTube brick they watch, the FIFA games, Match Attax cards, (and er...probably me). Both my boys are Spurs fans but if I'm honest it's probably not totally by choice. It was hard to keep them from thinking like the other lemmings but through a process of solitary confinement and sensory deprivation they saw the light. Hunger is a powerful tool.

My own opinion is that true competition for the prizes would make it even more popular but who the fudge knows.

Soton are a dangerous team, no fluke they are where they are given they finished so close to us last season.

Leicester are taking advantage of having a striker in out of this world form but I don't think anyone serious believes Vardy will keep up this current pace.

Southampton will finish no higher than fifth and that depends on what Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton get up to. This is their maximum level.

One other thing that I have noticed in the two fixtures so far against them is that both Dier and Alli are showing the hatred of them that our players have lacked. They have dealt with them in confrontations with disdain and left their foot in a little bit in order to rile them up. Good work guys, hopefully it will rub off on a few others as well rather than just seeing Arsenal's kids doing it to us.

Football was better when anyone (of the 20-30 biggest clubs) could win the league (or at least mount a challenge) through years of hard work. The current monopoly has ended the dream that kept many fans going.

One other thing that I have noticed in the two fixtures so far against them is that both Dier and Alli are showing the hatred of them that our players have lacked. They have dealt with them in confrontations with disdain and left their foot in a little bit in order to rile them up. Good work guys, hopefully it will rub off on a few others as well rather than just seeing Arsenal's kids doing it to us.

Indeed; i bet Mason and Bentaleb can't wait to come up against Wheelchair....

I'm just giving my opinion mate. The top teams have players to dig them out of trouble even when they are playing poor. Granted we do too, but I would bet City and scum win more games than us this season when they don't necessarily deserve to more than we do. As good as Kane is for example, Aguero trumps him I'm afraid. The one thing we have in our favour is we are a young, emerging team with perhaps more room to grow and improve than Emirates Marketing Project and scum to name two teams.

We look more like a team than anyone so far this season and that has a huge value

When your more than sum of parts your a unit and a unit working together can be massively powerful (think of Greece in the Euros and Denmark too for examples)

What we haven't had this year so far is a injury to key defensive players (Won't and names to jinx them Dutchmen) but even then I've been impressed with wimmer and Fazio can be solid enough against most teams

I think we just have to keep on looking up the table rather than worrying whose behind for once

We look more like a team than anyone so far this season and that has a huge value

When your more than sum of parts your a unit and a unit working together can be massively powerful (think of Greece in the Euros and Denmark too for examples)

What we haven't had this year so far is a injury to key defensive players (Won't and names to jinx them Dutchmen) but even then I've been impressed with wimmer and Fazio can be solid enough against most teams

I think we just have to keep on looking up the table rather than worrying whose behind for once

Couldn't agree with you more. No superstars, just a great team ethic. Poch has done a great job so far, so let's see him continue this. I'm trying very hard to stay grounded. This team has so much potential, it's frightening.

Back