• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

Couldn't agree with you more. No superstars, just a great team ethic. Poch has done a great job so far, so let's see him continue this. I'm trying very hard to stay grounded. This team has so much potential, it's frightening.

That's the thing

Even in MOTD they focused on arsenals weaknesses and errors rather than how good we really were

Arsenal resisted there worse passing stats this year. Even with a weakened side they have always been capable passers.

If we had won by a coupe of goals there could and would have been no argument

We have to keep this going now and see every game as a winnable opportunity to go up a place in the league

Wheelchair is a busted flush. He has talent but not the intelligence to make the best use of it. His career will taper off into obscurity over the next few seasons IMO.

He will actually get assaulted in a pub toilet and his career will be ended there ... I know that's a random prediction but he takes after his sister

That's the thing

Even in MOTD they focused on arsenals weaknesses and errors rather than how good we really were

Arsenal resisted there worse passing stats this year. Even with a weakened side they have always been capable passers.

If we had won by a coupe of goals there could and would have been no argument

We have to keep this going now and see every game as a winnable opportunity to go up a place in the league

I know, the pundits are not crowing about us, but I like that. Keeps us hungry. I think with one signing in January to keep things fresh, it will be something that could really push our season on. We play like we played today and there won't be many teams that will beat us.

The players are able to swap around and rotate where they play which will only get better with more time playing with each other. We have Son to come back with his pace and a lot of options available even with the injuries. We should rightly be excited.

I know, the pundits are not crowing about us, but I like that. Keeps us hungry. I think with one signing in January to keep things fresh, it will be something that could really push our season on. We play like we played today and there won't be many teams that will beat us.

The players are able to swap around and rotate where they play which will only get better with more time playing with each other. We have Son to come back with his pace and a lot of options available even with the injuries. We should rightly be excited.

Exactly that. We are going along great, under the radar getting very little air time in terms of conversation and that's how I like it. In fact I wish that people like Jenas and Neville who seem really impressed would just let up in their praise before others catch on.

Absolutely phenomenal today. Arsenal had injuries to 4 players today, 3 of which were in the same position. So you could say only 2 were missing from their starting XI. So it's a bit of a myth that they were missing so many key players.

We had Chadli, Bentaleb and N'Jie out not to mention Son only just returning (and no Fazio either).

Football is football. If you don't take advantage of dominance even against villa the ebb and flow of the game will go against you. But don't let Arsenals late comeback fool you into thinking it was anything more than just one of those things that happen in football when you don't take advantage of good spells.

What truly matters is we not only went toe to toe with them on their patch, with a day's less rest, we absolutely controlled the game. We made them look amateur with our press at times.

I can't stress what displays like this and v Emirates Marketing Project (the two favourites for the title) do for the belief of the side and more importantly in the boss' ideas. Pochettino really is a general. And those players show no ego and are his troops, willing to execute his commands.

I really enjoyed it. I think the sky is truly the limit for this side. We just need consistency. That will come with experience, but anything is possible with this lot

COYS

It's testament to our season so far that i feel DEVASTATED that we didn't win today.
In the end it was Stoke/Wimbledon tactics that got Arsenal back into the game. That in itself is interesting and might say something about how they might be a more serious title contender this year but i digress...

We need to be much MUCH more clinical in games like this, especially away from home; seems like Eriksen didn't have his clinical boots on today, sadly. We also need to deal better with the route one stuff, though we are still better than we have been in the recent past.

Gooner friends of mine saying this is the best Spurs side they've seen in year; along with Claude from ArsenalTV comments that sadly says we are starting to become noticed.

Onwards and upwards, let's beat WHam next time out and keep up our momentum.

COYS
That's 2 games in the PL, home and away where we have not just sat back and tried to hit Arsenal on the break but actually taken the game to them and made them look ordinary. If you compare the 2 squads we have no right to do this. At other times when we have beaten a "Wenger Arsenal" our 2 squads have been very similar in quality if not slightly in our favour. That for me is what makes our performances remarkable and long may it continue.

Absolutely phenomenal today. Arsenal had injuries to 4 players today, 3 of which were in the same position. So you could say only 2 were missing from their starting XI. So it's a bit of a myth that they were missing so many key players.

We had Chadli, Bentaleb and N'Jie out not to mention Son only just returning (and no Fazio either).

Football is football. If you don't take advantage of dominance even against villa the ebb and flow of the game will go against you. But don't let Arsenals late comeback fool you into thinking it was anything more than just one of those things that happen in football when you don't take advantage of good spells.

What truly matters is we not only went toe to toe with them on their patch, with a day's less rest, we absolutely controlled the game. We made them look amateur with our press at times.

I can't stress what displays like this and v Emirates Marketing Project (the two favourites for the title) do for the belief of the side and more importantly in the boss' ideas. Pochettino really is a general. And those players show no ego and are his troops, willing to execute his commands.

I really enjoyed it. I think the sky is truly the limit for this side. We just need consistency. That will come with experience, but anything is possible with this lot

COYS

Great post and couldn't agree with you more

Exactly that. We are going along great, under the radar getting very little air time in terms of conversation and that's how I like it. In fact I wish that people like Jenas and Neville who seem really impressed would just let up in their praise before others catch on.
I think this 'under the radar' concept means not a whole lot. In the clubs we are competing against (and probably all those we are not) we are firmly on their radar. We are already a big fudgeoff blip in the middle of it, and though the media might not count us as contenders I'm certain that is not the same in the clubs. I know where you are coming from but column inches doesn't mean squat at the end of the day.
Clubs analyse the fudge out of every single tiny thing these days. If you wanted you could get data on Dier's fart frequency (if you thought that was important). Every thing we do is being given the pro-zone treatment but that doesn't mean they can stop it.

I'm calling you out because you are 100% WRONG. Sorry, this is simply not true. In fact, given that he has not lost a Premiership derby to them in his time as our manager, I think he understands it rather better than any of our other Premiership managers. As for thinking that Lamela would not have got a second yellow, I can only wonder what you'd have thought had he left him on and Erik got a red like pretty much everyone felt he was going to.

IF you're looking for a reason, it would have been Arteta coming on and Alli going off. Arteta forced the play 10 yards further up the pitch and without Alli bossing it as a presence, we got pushed deeper.

Funny to see an attempt to dig out Poch for not winning today. In fact, unbelievable.

Fair enough defend Poch. All I'm saying is if he had sat through years and years of us taking the lead in the NLD and never holding on to it he would never have taken off Lamela. Especially for Son, a player that came on thursday, didnt pressure the Anderlecht player who was giving all day to create the change they scored from.

Arteta came off and Alli went off AFTER they scored. The goal changed the game by then. We sat deeper after we got they got a boost as they naturally came at us.

There was only one booking in the whole game. Lamela really wasnt that close to getting a red. The ref wasn't giving much for anything.
And Redknapp and Ramos have still got better records against them than Poch has at the moment.

Today boys you really made me feel proud.

Shame we didn't get the result the performance deserved, but well done one and all.

To control the game at the effemirates is no mean feat. You did that. Congratulations.

Onwards and upwards - to infinity and beyond ;)

Fair enough defend Poch. All I'm saying is if he had sat through years and years of us taking the lead in the NLD and never holding on to it he would never have taken off Lamela. Especially for Son, a player that came on thursday, didnt pressure the Anderlecht player who was giving all day to create the change they scored from.

Arteta came off and Alli went off AFTER they scored. The goal changed the game by then. We sat deeper after we got they got a boost as they naturally came at us.

There was only one booking in the whole game. Lamela really wasnt that close to getting a red. The ref wasn't giving much for anything.
And Redknapp and Ramos have still got better records against them than Poch has at the moment.
You might be right. Had Lamela been on the pitch that may not have happened. He may have got sent off. There are just so many variables in this game that it's impossible to predict. I think for most fans Pochettino made the right call in subbing Lamela for Son

..yeah and how many games have we taken the lead in a NLD, absolutely gone hell for leather to beat them and still not only not win but actually lose?

If we'd kept Lamela on, and say given up TWO late goals because of tired legs (remember we'd bo on our 3rd game in 6 days) what would you have said then?

It's easy to be captain hindsight, but the fact is the cross for the goal didn't come from Lamela's side anyway. I'm as frustrated about the draw as anyone, but to say we gave it away because we brought on Son (AN ATTACKER FFS) is gonads.

I think this 'under the radar' concept means not a whole lot. In the clubs we are competing against (and probably all those we are not) we are firmly on their radar. We are already a big fudgeoff blip in the middle of it, and though the media might not count us as contenders I'm certain that is not the same in the clubs. I know where you are coming from but column inches doesn't mean squat at the end of the day.
Clubs analyse the fudge out of every single tiny thing these days. If you wanted you could get data on Dier's fart frequency (if you thought that was important). Every thing we do is being given the pro-zone treatment but that doesn't mean they can stop it.

Of course anyone get any info on us but it isn't the same as the clamour of being the media's second favourite team as an example when Redknapp was in charge. It brought its own pressures even if they were internal whereas we are currently just doing our thing without getting the vegas treatment so to speak. difficult for me to fully explain in words but I feel that the general lack of attention across the board is a good thing. Prime example being me speaking to a west ham fan earlier who feels that they beat us for quality in every position and we won't make top 6 unless we strengthen......totally deluded overall but if that's the general feeling amongst fans of the game in a broad sense then fantastic as it means as a whole we have less pressure on us.

Talking of substitutions I thought what massive cojones Poch has to bring on Onumah with 5 minutes to go at the effeminates with score on 1-1.

Of course anyone get any info on us but it isn't the same as the clamour of being the media's second favourite team as an example when Redknapp was in charge. It brought its own pressures even if they were internal whereas we are currently just doing our thing without getting the vegas treatment so to speak. difficult for me to fully explain in words but I feel that the general lack of attention across the board is a good thing. Prime example being me speaking to a west ham fan earlier who feels that they beat us for quality in every position and we won't make top 6 unless we strengthen......totally deluded overall but if that's the general feeling amongst fans of the game in a broad sense then fantastic as it means as a whole we have less pressure on us.
I do understand your point and certainly on one level focused media attention can affect things aversely for a club. If you are a media kitten like Redknapp or Jose then this will impact on your club more than it should, but that is what you are buying into when you appoint these guys. Poch is effectively a media hermit compared to most and I like this. The less crap your read about Spurs in the paper the better IMO. I'm sure that 99% of it barely warrants a second read anyway.

I guess my point is that we are a big concern for the sky favourites whether you read about it or not. We are on their radar.

firstly,you should ignore anything anyone says about us, the media and the FA hate us, as long as we pass the "eye test", thats all I care about.

tottenham of 5 years ago would have lost that game 2-1.

we're not quite there yet, we should have closed out that game, with 70 mins on the clock and our lot stringing pretty passes together in their half was all very well but it doesn;t amount to anything without a 2nd goal.

So many good points to mention though, Vertongen and Toby at the back, Lamela belatedly showing promise, Alli could be "anything" and Kane back in form.

its only november but there's real reason for optimism here.

If that deflected Eriksen strike at the start of the second half went in, we would have won by multiple goals, I am sure of it.

The momentum swung a little from there, but it was still a superb performance overall.. Very very encouraging! Alli was outstanding as was the Moose, Dier and the defence in general.

Back