• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

Do you know what they were missing.... Characters and leaders

They had no one on the pitch to impose himself on the game IMO and we had on the pitch leaders everywhere

We really wanted it and it showed

Do you know what they were missing.... Characters and leaders

They had no one on the pitch to impose himself on the game IMO and we had on the pitch leaders everywhere

We really wanted it and it showed

This more than anything was the real plus of the day - leaders all over the pitch - how quickly things can change!

That's extremely harsh.

For their goal Son dilligently tracked Debuchy back. For me the problem was that the standard move in that situation probably is to hand off Debuchy to Rose and then for Son to take over the job of putting pressure on Ozil on the ball. However Son kept tracking Debuchy and Rose let Ozil have time probably unsure about what Son would do and what he should do.

It's the kind of thing that happens because they haven't played much together, Son lacking match fitness and him being thrown into a NLD. I don't think it's an issue of "pretending".

Easy to say from behind a pint and even easier to say in hindsight. Was a fine sub. Had Lamela gotten a red before hat people would be falling over themselves calling Poch an idiot for not taking him off earlier, in hindsight.

Yeah but "people" are stupid.
I said at the time it was a bad call and I'd prefer to keep them chasing even if Lamela did get a red - momentum is very important in football
Cest la vie - we still played excellently

Reactions: DTA
That is football, how many times over the years have we been without certain players or players thrown in the deep end coming back from injury etc.

I think this team has the ability to step up ... lets not forget it was their subs that made the difference. Id argue that if all of their players in mid were fit flamini would not have got a look in.

I'm not disagreeing whether "that was football" or not. I'm not trying to justify Arsenal's poor performance, to me I think it would have made sense to start Flamini to shore it up from the off but that's Wenger's poor decision.

We didn't take enough advantage of their injury list or preparation for the game to win it, which is a shame. But let's not pretend they were one to two players short of their first XI, they're in the hunt for the title for good reason unfortunately.

We were incredible today, decent result, superb performance, which was amazing to see. Our squad is a little thin, need a couple of players in Jan if we want to be serious, but it's very promising and exciting to see. If you want to look at how we can improve though, I still think Rose is by far our biggest weakness, great assist, but I just don't think he's hitting last seasons heights at all. His crossing is appalling, I don't think he's as solid as Davies. Personally I'd play Davies, but if he thinks Rose is better, than we it's a position we can upgrade.

I'm not disagreeing whether "that was football" or not. I'm not trying to justify Arsenal's poor performance, to me I think it would have made sense to start Flamini to shore it up from the off but that's Wenger's poor decision.

We didn't take enough advantage of their injury list or preparation for the game to win it, which is a shame. But let's not pretend they were one to two players short of their first XI, they're in the hunt for the title for good reason unfortunately.

I think we did great to nullify their usual go to guys. For all of their world superstars our kids did a job on them.

Sanchez, Mertersacker, Giroud, Carzola, and ozil looked poor to average.

We could have won and should have won. we learn and continue to progress

I didn't care too much for the result today, I really just wanted us to really have a proper go and push them physically more than we have done in games at the Emirates. I was absolutely delighted with what I saw today, I think it is easily the best complete performance I have seen us give as the away team against Arsenal, where we always seem to be bound by an inferiority complex but not today.

To be totally honest, in my opinion, the games against West Ham and Chelsea are more important to win in terms of our league position. Chelsea have the money and overall squad to mount a comeback in he second half of the season so as much space between us needs to be made while they are struggling and West Ham are in and around us at the moment and taking points from them knocks them further back. Beating Arsenal is wonderful, especially on their own patch but it won't allow us to finish above them over the course of this season but taking points from the people around us and who might challenge will do. If losing that late goal inspires us to make sure we win both of those fixtures in the league ahead of a favourable December then I will more than take that considering we were 4/1 to win today.

Lets build again from a positive result and performance, beat those two sets of scum, maintain our unbeaten run into December and hopefully on into 2016 which would be a wonderful achievement.

Great performance from the boys, happy with the point, Onwards and Upwards

COYS!!!!!

Pochettino needs to learn about Tottenham Arsenal. He thought they were done and brought on Son (who is an out and out attacker) to finish them off. But you can never take Lamela off in a game like this. The Ref was never gonna give an attacking foreign player with that haircut a second yellow. Son doesnt do enough off the ball yet to get trusted in this game.

I'm calling you out because you are 100% WRONG. Sorry, this is simply not true. In fact, given that he has not lost a Premiership derby to them in his time as our manager, I think he understands it rather better than any of our other Premiership managers. As for thinking that Lamela would not have got a second yellow, I can only wonder what you'd have thought had he left him on and Erik got a red like pretty much everyone felt he was going to.

IF you're looking for a reason, it would have been Arteta coming on and Alli going off. Arteta forced the play 10 yards further up the pitch and without Alli bossing it as a presence, we got pushed deeper.

Funny to see an attempt to dig out Poch for not winning today. In fact, unbelievable.

one for the team? we played well but it was obvious to me we needed strengthening in the midfield, not shifting the balance to help kane in attacking. arsenal are better in attack, so throwing on all those attack minded players i thought was a bit risky (i know he was going for a 2nd)

I think he was simply trying to maintain the same shape and balance. Nothing more than that.

Was anyone else disappointed that Giroud didn't even get a card considering his Friday half antics and the way he falls over and intk players l

Right around that moment in the second-half when I thought we were playing a 'mercy' rule and simply keeping the ball for fun, Atkinson decided to give every 50/50 challenge to them. Every single one. And ignore some blatant offences from the filth too. It was poor refereeing. Again. From tacokinson.

We were incredible today, decent result, superb performance, which was amazing to see. Our squad is a little thin, need a couple of players in Jan if we want to be serious, but it's very promising and exciting to see. If you want to look at how we can improve though, I still think Rose is by far our biggest weakness, great assist, but I just don't think he's hitting last seasons heights at all. His crossing is appalling, I don't think he's as solid as Davies. Personally I'd play Davies, but if he thinks Rose is better, than we it's a position we can upgrade.

I feel a little for Rose and Davies actually because the left hand side is slightly lop sided and we don't get the same width as on the right as our left hand side always tucks in and leaves too much for Rose/Davies to do imo compared to the interaction the right hand side tends to have together. Both of them end up having to cross from deep rather than being able to get a good ball in from the byeline.

We do look slightly thin and another forward in January would be amazing plus I would definitely try and sign Feghouli from Valencia for a fee before he starts talking to interested parties ahead of the summer. Not sure who to suggest forward wise but the more I see of Vardy the more I think his style of play would marry well with the high intensity that Poch requires but Leicester won't sell this window. Austin still wouldn't be a bad shout either, his contract is about to run out and he would give us a Kane like replacement/assistant. Feghouli + Austin/Vardy with Townsend sold on would be a great window in January and leave us more balanced and with a couple of fresh faces ready for the run in.

The guy is pretty much right
It's Nov and we have only LOST ONE game - Ferguson would proud of that.
But Ferguson would make sure the same form happened over the next 2/3 of the season too. And that comes with mentality as well as quality.

We have quality and we are developing a really good mentality. We will need to learn how to kill games off - we missed two very good chances (Kane and Alli?) and cech made a good save from Eriksen
Equally, they missed two or three (giroud twice and mertesacker was unlucky) and Lloris saved well from Joel and Gibbs(?)

Great performance today. Very disappointed with Lloris for the goal but he also made some very crucial saves.

Alli MOM by far!

Eriksen, Dembele, Kane and Lamela all excellent (good decision to take off Lamela as he was a 2nd yellow card waiting to happen).

Best performance I have seen from us at their place in my lifetime, the 3-2 win was fantastic in terms of spirit but it was a bit smash and grab. Today we dominated for 77 minutes all over the pitch which is great to see in a derby, I've lost count of how many times we have gone there and looked putrid, insipid, scared etc.

Full marks from Poch for the performance. Better finishing and we would have won today.

Wenger covering for his man by saying Cathorla felt 'dizzy' before the game and was not fit. I thought he was simply tired and sub-par.

He does what he normally does which is go missing in any big game. He is fraud and a flat track bully imo.............Never rated him and never will. Watch him against any of the 13-14 clubs outside of the bracket of European contenders at home and he looks like a world beater but away from home or against anyone half decent home/away he is never to be seen generally. Good time player, nothing more.

Back