• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Woolwich *** OMT

I think we did great to nullify their usual go to guys. For all of their world superstars our kids did a job on them.

Sanchez, Mertersacker, Giroud, Carzola, and ozil looked poor to average.

We could have won and should have won. we learn and continue to progress

I don't disagree with you, our boys did well out there for sure. We made them look silly at times. But alas, not enough to gain the three points but I think a draw isn't disputable as a result.

Whether we won or not, I think after a bit of convincing in the early stages I have become a huge fan of what Poch is doing for our club. As you said, continuing to progress is a key point and we did that today. Young players who perhaps didn't have that kind of experience did so today and they done themselves proud. No doubt about that.

I don't disagree with you, our boys did well out there for sure. We made them look silly at times. But alas, not enough to gain the three points but I think a draw isn't disputable as a result.

Whether we won or not, I think after a bit of convincing in the early stages I have become a huge fan of what Poch is doing for our club. As you said, continuing to progress is a key point and we did that today. Young players who perhaps didn't have that kind of experience did so today and they done themselves proud. No doubt about that.

I think what Pochettino has done is given those young players a platform to play without fear of being discarded if it doesn't quite work out. Some of the younger ones have seen it and probably thought that they too will get a chance and manage to hold down a place so when they actually do play, they manage to compete with a confidence and feeling that they belong. Can't wait to see Veljkovic and Pritchard become fully integrated into he side as well, it really will enhance our depth and have players hungry to reward Pochettino's confidence in them.

The voice of reason! Hahaha. He must've had something odd in his beers.

Seriously though a win and we were 3 points off top

City have no fit strikers and Arsenal have no fit players anywhere
Apparently!!!

We really are making massive steps game by game IMO and this is without doubt the most cohesive Tottenham team I've seen since 87!!!!!

We won't win the league but we will be right up there for most of the season

We are oozing class and the new arrivals in Alli , tOby and Dier (new position) are only adding to what was a strong side

Add in son and Njie plus a Lamella and erisken putting in phenomenal work rate and we look string for depth other than in Kanes role

We remind me of atletico from a few season back when no one thought they could win the league and they did!!!

I'm calling you out because you are 100% WRONG. Sorry, this is simply not true. In fact, given that he has not lost a Premiership derby to them in his time as our manager, I think he understands it rather better than any of our other Premiership managers. As for thinking that Lamela would not have got a second yellow, I can only wonder what you'd have thought had he left him on and Erik got a red like pretty much everyone felt he was going to.

IF you're looking for a reason, it would have been Arteta coming on and Alli going off. Arteta forced the play 10 yards further up the pitch and without Alli bossing it as a presence, we got pushed deeper.

Funny to see an attempt to dig out Poch for not winning today. In fact, unbelievable.

They had to chase the game too so had nothing to lose

I would love it if we could win the league not because I am a Tottenham fan but because I hate all the other clubs at the top. If Leicester or Southampton or even West Ham could do it I would be delighted. Need a team to come and change things up.

I think what Pochettino has done is given those young players a platform to play without fear of being discarded if it doesn't quite work out. Some of the younger ones have seen it and probably thought that they too will get a chance and manage to hold down a place so when they actually do play, they manage to compete with a confidence and feeling that they belong. Can't wait to see Veljkovic and Pritchard become fully integrated into he side as well, it really will enhance our depth and have players hungry to reward Pochettino's confidence in them.

Don't think Veljovic is in his thinking but Pritchard being available for new year would be like signing a new player even as an impact player

We have been the dominant team in the vast majority of games that we have played this season. We were the better team today, the Arsenal fan that I watched the game with admitted as much to me. He, like most Arsenal fans, will not concede such a view with ease. So, not only are we achieving solid results but, if anything, the total points that we have is less than what we ought to have, given the quality of our displays. The level of consistency displayed in these games too, leads me to believe that we have an excellent chance of challenging for the title this season. That sounds like an outlandish view but really, why not? We have energy, strength, team discipline and character, a striker that will score 20+ league goals this season, a defensive unit that collectively performs well, and have a manager who appears to fit the club perfectly. So other than experience, what are we really missing? We are only a handful of points from the top and, whilst our next two games are tough, we are more than capable of winning both games. Should we do that, we will be right up amongst there near the middle of the season and having already played at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Let's live this dream!

We have been the dominant team in the vast majority of games that we have played this season. We were the better team today, the Arsenal fan that I watched the game with admitted as much to me. He, like most Arsenal fans, will not concede such a view with ease. So, not only are we achieving solid results but, if anything, the total points that we have is less than what we ought to have, given the quality of our displays. The level of consistency displayed in these games too, leads me to believe that we have an excellent chance of challenging for the title this season. That sounds like an outlandish view but really, why not? We have energy, strength, team discipline and character, a striker that will score 20+ league goals this season, a defensive unit that collectively performs well, and have a manager who appears to fit the club perfectly. So other than experience, what are we really missing? We are only a handful of points from the top and, whilst our next two games are tough, we are more than capable of winning both games. Should we do that, we will be right up amongst there near the middle of the season and having already played at Old Trafford and the Emirates. Let's live this dream!

The only thing I would say we miss is world class players. City have at least 3. Scum have 2 arguably. Is Kane world class yet? Lloris is I would say.

Don't think Veljovic is in his thinking but Pritchard being available for new year would be like signing a new player even as an impact player

I hope he is in his thinking, even if it is with a view to next season. That injury he got last season on loan at Charlton has set him back in his development, maybe a Jan loan to someone like Boro, Brighton or Birmingham up at the top of the league would do. Good option for 16/17 whilst moving Fazio on and freeing up wages.

I keep my Avi but we so deserved a win. I think the players were exhausted and the machine that is Lamela was near a red card. Imagine we had Bentaleb on the bench and Njie and Son fully fit for pace options. Pritchard for cleverness. There's a real good solid nucleus here. We went to the Emirates for our third game in six days and were better for 70 minutes. Arsneal resorted to long ball. Great game and good result. Coys

The only thing I would say we miss is world class players. City have at least 3. Scum have 2 arguably. Is Kane world class yet? Lloris is I would say.

Maybe we have World Class players in development. How good can Alli be in future? How good can Kane be in future? Lamela seems to get better all the time. We have young players who have been on top form and have every chance to be up amongst the best players in the World in future years IF they continue their development as expected.

Maybe we have World Class players in development. How good can Alli be in future? How good can Kane be in future? Lamela seems to get better all the time. We have young players who have been on top form and have every chance to be up amongst the best players in the World in future years IF they continue their development as expected.

Teams with world class individuals rarely win the league... It's world class teams that do

Last season Chelsea had hazard playing at a world class level but the rest of the team all played at a consistently high level too

We're currently doing that without a stand out individual we have to rely on. That has to be better long term

I would love it if we could win the league not because I am a Tottenham fan but because I hate all the other clubs at the top. If Leicester or Southampton or even West Ham could do it I would be delighted. Need a team to come and change things up.
I agree with your thinking (except the West Ham bit). Football has become so predictable over the last few years. It is just the same clubs competing with the same clubs for same prizes ad nauseum. The only time it gets interesting is when one of the establishment implodes like Moyes at Utd or Jose and Chelsea this year, and even then it is usually just a temporary blip. How nice would it be to have one or more different teams upset the order of things.

Teams with world class individuals rarely win the league... It's world class teams that do

Last season Chel53a had hazard playing at a world class level but the rest of the team all played at a consistently high level too

We're currently doing that without a stand out individual we have to rely on. That has to be better long term

Exactly we always used to rely on one player in the past now we look much more like an all round team and i like it.

But we have looked like the better team against both of them. What is more important individuals or the team?

I'm just giving my opinion mate. The top teams have players to dig them out of trouble even when they are playing poor. Granted we do too, but I would bet City and scum win more games than us this season when they don't necessarily deserve to more than we do. As good as Kane is for example, Aguero trumps him I'm afraid. The one thing we have in our favour is we are a young, emerging team with perhaps more room to grow and improve than Emirates Marketing Project and scum to name two teams.

Back