• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

Plenty will pay him more
Kane will leave here in 16 months time and earn double his salary

On a free transfer, but not with a fee, or at least one we'd be happy to let him go for.
But no one takes less money than they think thet are worth, if the employer doesn't agree then don't hire them.
It's not their fault.

The little minutes that spence has had he has shown intent and desire, that's what we all want and we are sadly lacking.
It seems to me too many of players are too comfortable knowing that they are going to get picked every week.
Judging by the crowd noise I'm not alone in that.

I’m yet to be impressed by him, doesn’t look any better than Gill to me.

I watched some of the friendly we had at the training ground the other week, we played some pub team and he started rwf, didn’t stand out there, so can see why Conte is hesitant to rely on him in the PL.

I watched some of the friendly we had at the training ground the other week, we played some pub team and he started rwf, didn’t stand out there, so can see why Conte is hesitant to rely on him in the PL.
Maybe that’s why he didn’t stand out? He’s a RB or RWB, he’s not a winger but those are the only minutes he seems to get. They’re very different positions.

I wouldn't want Pochettino back. Not because I don't want him, but because that story doesn't have a happy ending as for now. It would mean more to me to win the league and such with Poch than with any other manager I can remember bar Hoddle at the time, but that is not going to happen. A lot of water has ran down the stream since last time - but not enough. The young hungry players he once had are now gone or has become older more selfish players looking out more for themselves than the good of the team. It's just the way it is, and no critisism of the players other than towards football itself.

I still don't think he's the hardass we need to drag jaded players over the line (winning a one-horse race in France doesn't count), and the competition has arguably gotten even stronger since his last stint with us. I'm still grateful to him for making us look like a proper football team for several years, and a second spell now within our current structure can only serve to tarnish that memory, unless there is a full rebuild with City- or Toon-scale resources. In which case I'd want no one else but him. Still, some things are best left in the past.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want Pochettino back. Not because I don't want him, but because that story doesn't have a happy ending as for now. It would mean more to me to win the league and such with Poch than with any other manager I can remember bar Hoddle at the time, but that is not going to happen. A lot of water has ran down the stream since last time - but not enough. The young hungry players he once had are now gone or has become older more selfish players looking out more for themselves than the good of the team. It's just the way it is, and no critisism of the players other than on a general basis.

I still don't think he's the hardass we need to drag jaded players over the line (winning a one-horse race in France doesn't count), and the competition had arguably gotten even stronger since his last stint with us. I'm still grateful to him for making us look like a proper football team for several years, and a second spell now within our current structure can only serve to tarnish that memory, unless there is a full rebuild with City- or Toon-scale resources. Some things are best left in the past.

On paper we're building a young hungry team

GK
Spence Romero LCB Udogie
Skipp
Bentancur Bissouma
Kulusevski CF Richarlson
That's the guts of a decent starting XI with none of his old players involved, all 25(?) And under

I seldom question a manager, because I know fudge all about football and want to give the benefit of the doubt, but we got 3-4 additional quality players and theoretically we should now have the 14-15 strong quality players, plus young talented ones in Sarr, Gil, and Spence. So I'm not buying that excuse. Sure, we won't challenge for the title, but we shouldn't be losing to Villa at home either. And if Lego Man has guided Arse to a 14-1-1 record while in all competitions, there is no reason we shouldn't be at least 7-8 points better than we are now.

And I'm sorry, but if Eddie Howe, who joined Saudi Sportswashing Outfit at the same time Conte joined Spurs, has his team in 3rd spot then there are even fewer excuses for Conte.
Arsenal have a better squad than we do. They also have a better tactical setup that suits their players. People don't want to hear it but it's true. They were better for the majority of last season also but faltered near the end and we went on a good run.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

On paper we're building a young hungry team

GK
Spence Romero LCB Udogie
Skipp
Bentancur Bissouma
Kulusevski CF Richarlson
That's the guts of a decent starting XI with none of his old players involved, all 25(?) And under
Stop! Hammer time, but to me that's not the core of a winning team. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong of course, and with Poch at the helm.

I've only seen his minutes for the first team so can't really judge, but he does bring something the others seem to lack.

Arsenal have a better squad than we do. They also have a better tactical setup that suits their players. People don't want to hear it but it's true. They were better for the majority of last season also but faltered near the end and we went on a good run.

And you can see that they want it. They really, really want it.

Stop! Hammer time, but to me that's not the core of a winning team. Would absolutely love to be proven wrong of course, and with Poch at the helm.

No it's not a winning team now - but you were talking about a young hungry team, presumably that would be developed over a couple of years? Rewind a year or two and who would have thought them lot down the road would develop in to the team they have. We aren't going to buy a proven winning set of players so we need to build a team that can improve.

Their squad hasn’t been tested to see
They do however have a better set for their squad which is normal after 3 years with the same coach and everyone invested in it

Sure, we can go back to Poch for any number of reasons - what I'm pointing out is that he wanted the same thing Conte wants, sustained backing, 60-70m players every window, etc. He asked for it before Conte did. So, he might not be best advised coming back to a club that has not fully committed to that model yet.
In the meantime, however, he delivered with what he had. Something that, so far, Conte is failing to do.

No it's not a winning team now - but you were talking about a young hungry team, presumably that would be developed over a couple of years? Rewind a year or two and who would have thought them lot down the road would develop in to the team they have. We aren't going to buy a proven winning set of players so we need to build a team that can improve.
While I think most players can be molded into something useful with the right conditions and structure in place, being young isn't enough of course. That's just a list of young players, from where I personally and without an ounce of competence would only take Kulusevski and Spence for my perceived potential with me in a full rebuild. And maybe Rodrigo, but still only maybe. If not, you must buy for what you already have, and if that's not good enough that's half the battle lost from the get-go. If not clear enough, this is of course only hypotethical and for argument's sake.

An example, albeit a poor one, would be Toby and Jan. That's two and a half player right there without a Van Dijk seal of approval (and price), where it's hard to bring in one to complement the other. Skill AND luck.

Edit: and I'm not saying that you need a young hungry team to win something. I meant to say that that was what he had, and which undoubtedly contributed to the fast paced and entertaining football under him.

Last edited:
One thing I didn’t get but it worked for conte in the end … leaving Romero on when he arguably could have picked up at least 1 more yellow
That was just dumb or genius

I’m happy Romero was there till full-time. 2 weeks ago he won the World Cup, today he was the furthest forward trying to pressure the opposition while most of the rest stood around like they couldn’t be arsed. We need more Romeros.

While I think most players can be molded into something useful with the right conditions and structure in place, being young isn't enough of course. That's just a list of young players, from where I personally and without an ounce of competence would only take Kulusevski and Spence for my perceived potential with me in a full rebuild. And maybe Rodrigo, but still only maybe. If not, you must buy for what you already have, and if that's not good enough that's half the battle lost from the get-go.

An example, albeit a poor one, would be Toby and Jan. That's two and a half player right there without a Van Dijk seal of approval (and price), where it's hard to bring in one to complement the other. Skill AND luck. If not clear enough, this is of course only hypotethical.

We can do and back & forth on the relevant abilities & potential of those players without really going anywhere - but i don't doubt that young players in the right environment and with the right coach can develop with game time and support, i don't think when Arsenal were finishing 8th consecutively under Arteta that many of their young players would have been considered on the level they are now.

Anyway i just trying to highlight that the signings are generally on the young side under Paratici and that there would be players for Poch to work with in that regard, i wouldn't expect him to want rid of Kane or Son unless the latter is truly broken beyond repair so his starting team would still jave the benefot of those two as well as Perisic

Define delivered?
Got us 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and to a CL final. And might have won us a title were it not for Chelsea not having any european football the year we got 2nd and maybe even a CL title, were it not us going down a goal in the first minute from a fluke penalty. And all that on a shoestring with the players he had available. We may not have won anything, but we were in the mix. Given our resources, that is all you could ask for at the time.

Back