• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

As poor as that was (and it was as dire as I can remember), we have to accept that with 2 or 3 of our starting 11 missing, we won't be at our best. But the problem I have with Conte is that the best managers adapt the system to the players they have available. Conte reminded me of Hoddle today: trying to build a Rolls Royce team but sometimes a Ford Transit team might be a better option. Why not play 442 or add Skip in midfield so Hojberg can play nearer goal?
Incidentally, I thought Docherty was dreadful in the second half - every time he got the ball he just passed it straight back again - but he wasn't why we lost, the lack of midfield creativity is just mind-numbing.
Conte said he needs creativity
But doesn’t doesn’t appear to have asked for a creative player

As poor as that was (and it was as dire as I can remember), we have to accept that with 2 or 3 of our starting 11 missing, we won't be at our best. But the problem I have with Conte is that the best managers adapt the system to the players they have available. Conte reminded me of Hoddle today: trying to build a Rolls Royce team but sometimes a Ford Transit team might be a better option. Why not play 442 or add Skip in midfield so Hojberg can play nearer goal?
Incidentally, I thought Docherty was dreadful in the second half - every time he got the ball he just passed it straight back again - but he wasn't why we lost, the lack of midfield creativity is just mind-numbing.

Honestly I've seen us worse, but for amount of players we have that claim to want to win trophies displays like that a disgrace.
We have a badge kisser, a chest thumper and a "as good as messi or Ronaldo" who if they backed thier play up with thier rhetoric the lose of two first team players would make them try harder, not disappear as they do all to often.

"I want to be honest, I want to be very clear. I have said this to the club, I have said my opinions. The fans deserve the best. Maybe to stay in 5th is the best. Maybe 6th, 7th, 5th or 4th is the best."
images

One thing I didn’t get but it worked for conte in the end … leaving Romero on when he arguably could have picked up at least 1 more yellow
That was just dumb or genius

He was the only player in that 11 trying to advance the ball with any degree of accuracy. Hell, he was making runs down the flank in the 95th minute.

Say what you will about Conte, that bit, I'm fine with.

He was the only player in that 11 trying to advance the ball with any degree of accuracy. Hell, he was making runs down the flank in the 95th minute.

Outpaced son going forward when the ball was cleared from a corner.

Weird thought as he should have been sent off of the ref had anything about him

"I want to be honest, I want to be very clear. I have said this to the club, I have said my opinions. The fans deserve the best. Maybe to stay in 5th is the best. Maybe 6th, 7th, 5th or 4th is the best."

Anyone care to translate? Is he saying that with Levy's ownership only 5th is the max achievable?

People going way over board as usual.

We were missing multiple huge players, did anyone see what we had on the bench ffs.

Once Richy and Kulu are both missing then also missing Lucas becomes another huge miss. Best midfielder out too. So it was never going to be a bed of roses but we were easily the better team until Hugo did what Hugo does.

Unfortunately we have been totally decimated by injuries to key players this season especially attacking ones. That’s the reality and it will result in 6th place at best but please save us sensible people from the dramatic whinging I have read from multiple posters.

Can only hope we continue to fine tune the squad in the next two windows and if we do that and avoid another absurd bunch of injuries next season then 23/24 campaign can be what this season had promise of being.

were all going overboard..well maybe..but its the same..same old spurs. I thought we maybe turned a corner this season with
a better squad. On paper you would think we have one of the best squad of players in the League with some of the best world cup players..Lets face it for premier League after all these years we don,t have expert cover!!!A discrace IMO.. We have too many players who just are not good enough. Players like Gill.Sure he should be given a chance but from day one he looked second rate. It is unfortunate we have injuries to a couple of our best players but where are the players to fit into some kind of system and the problem of the way we play ..lack of belief and looking completely lost at times. The fans can see how poor we are playing and sometimes we pull of miracles because we have Kane who saves us!
Conte I dont think should be given the push,not just yet anyway but for a successful manager as he suposed to be, some of the players he picks is bewildering!!
Maybe its time for Levy to go. Enic have tried but not buying one single player the year we got to the Champions League final was unbelievable! I used to think they cared to some extent to work out what needs to be done..but not enough is being done to live up to our club motto..
Anyway for now.. lets see if the club can get itself back on track this season. Its not so good that Conte has just come out with "getting top 4 is a long shot this season!" how's that supposed to go down.
This club has not won the League since1961..........One Nine Six One.
Someone put Enic and Conte in the picture please.

Anyone care to translate? Is he saying that with Levy's ownership only 5th is the max achievable?
Good luck with working out what he means
What we know….
He is never happy with what he has even if he says so
The last man as stubborn as his to lead anything in the Uk was probably Boris Johnson
He will only play his way and no other way
His only agenda is what’s good for him

what we don’t know…
What’s actually discussed behind closed doors in reality

But that doesn’t mean we can’t make assumptions, guesses or speculate as that’s the fun part, right….

were all going overboard..well maybe..but its the same..same old spurs. I thought we maybe turned a corner this season with
a better squad. On paper you would think we have one of the best squad of players in the League with some of the best world cup players..Lets face it for premier League after all these years we don,t have expert cover!!!A discrace IMO.. We have too many players who just are not good enough. Players like Gill.Sure he should be given a chance but from day one he looked second rate. It is unfortunate we have injuries to a couple of our best players but where are the players to fit into some kind of system and the problem of the way we play ..lack of belief and looking completely lost at times. The fans can see how poor we are playing and sometimes we pull of miracles because we have Kane who saves us!
Conte I dont think should be given the push,not just yet anyway but for a successful manager as he suposed to be, some of the players he picks is bewildering!!
Maybe its time for Levy to go. Enic have tried but not buying one single player the year we got to the Champions League final was unbelievable! I used to think they cared to some extent to work out what needs to be done..but not enough is being done to live up to our club motto..
Anyway for now.. lets see if the club can get itself back on track this season. Its not so good that Conte has just come out with "getting top 4 is a long shot this season!" how's that supposed to go down.
This club has not won the League since1961..........One Nine Six One.
Someone put Enic and Conte in the picture please.
Enic will go when someone offers them enough money
We have this every time we’re poor…
Enic need to go
Get out of my club
It’s all their fault
The reality though is someone has to offer them enough money to buy it. It’s really that simple and won’t change until that happens

For the potential of the club, I continue to repeat that we made a miracle. It happened why? Because we played only one competition with 12, 13 players and they didn't have injuries in the last 15 games and we played only the best players. Arsenal were only four points up and we finished 20 points less than Emirates Marketing Project. We did a miracle and I knew the situation.

I was very clear with the club and in the summer people spoke about Tottenham as title contenders. From my experience it was a bit crazy to read this but you have to accept this. To become title contenders you need a solid foundation, 14-15 strong quality players and the young players to develop and every season you can add two players, but two players to invest £60m, £70m players to improve the level of your team.

People think that you arrive and you win in this way. If people are not used to this you need to create this situation, you need time and patience
I seldom question a manager, because I know fudge all about football and want to give the benefit of the doubt, but we got 3-4 additional quality players and theoretically we should now have the 14-15 strong quality players, plus young talented ones in Sarr, Gil, and Spence. So I'm not buying that excuse. Sure, we won't challenge for the title, but we shouldn't be losing to Villa at home either. And if Lego Man has guided Arse to a 14-1-1 record while in all competitions, there is no reason we shouldn't be at least 7-8 points better than we are now.

And I'm sorry, but if Eddie Howe, who joined Saudi Sportswashing Machine at the same time Conte joined Spurs, has his team in 3rd spot then there are even fewer excuses for Conte.

I seldom question a manager, because I know fudge all about football and want to give the benefit of the doubt, but we got 3-4 additional quality players and now have the 14-15 strong quality players, plus young talented ones in Sarr, Gil, and Spence. So I'm not buying that excuse. Sure, we won't challenge for the title, but we shouldn't be losing to Villa at home either. And if Lego Man has guided Arse to a 14-1-1 record while in all competitions, there is no reason we shouldn't be at least 7-8 points better than we are now.

And I'm sorry, but if Eddie Howe, who joined Saudi Sportswashing Outfit at the same time Conte joined Spurs, has his team in 3rd spot then there are even fewer excuses for Conte.
But conte is proven
And conte is world class
And conte is conte

But that doesn’t mean we can’t make assumptions, guesses or speculate as that’s the fun part, right….

Well maybe. The alignment between Conte and club doesnt feel like getting closer. I dnt know off the top of my head who might be a better fit, but I wonder how much Conte is at Spurs solely because of the huge salary he's on. Are we better off finding someone for say £7-£8m p.a. who is better aligned?

I assume that's sarcasm. I dont see anything from him at the moment which suggests he's world class or worth £15m p.a.

we might need him to leave to see just how bad this lot can be, maybe he’s holding it together, same way we got worse when Jose left

Well maybe. The alignment between Conte and club doesnt feel like getting closer. I dnt know off the top of my head who might be a better fit, but I wonder how much Conte is at Spurs solely because of the huge salary he's on. Are we better off finding someone for say £7-£8m p.a. who is better aligned?
I think we could do a lot better with the players we have
Would that work long term… I don’t know
I do know it took Klopp a long time and a lot of windows but he was committed to the cause
Contes about as committed to us as I am to my diet

Back