• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa ***

I get the bad result / performances in general causing and overreaction but how can A - Someone wrote this post and B - Spurs "fans" like it!? With all due respect it's utter gonad*s.

Moving on from that dross post, not sure if a silver linings post will go down well but good to see Gill, Sarr and Spence get on + the reaction Djed got from the crowd. Even if it could be misplaced optimism re the youngster, his introduction was at least something to cheer about, which the fans deserve.

It's an odd bare bones without that many injuries and it appears Conte doesn't really fancy the trio but none were atrocious (like one could argue many others but in particular Son or Lloris on the first goal.....or Sess once he came on...).

Spence got the reaction because he showed intent, something sadly lacking from the rest.

i've asked on the kulu thread, are kulu, bentancur and richarlson out with mystery niggles? is it a coincidence?
how son and peh are getting minutes ahead of richarlson and skip is bizarre.
Don't know, but something is not right in the back yard. Football, like most businesses is based on momentum. When something isn't right, you can do two things. You can get your brick together and try to do something about it, or you can wait for better days just because you are "that good" and does not deserve to be in such a situation. Conte unfortunately, looks like he's just going through the motions at the moment. It's not even about picking the team, anyone who follows the/a club could do that. Yes, we are missing our best creative outlet in Kulu, but one of the manager's tasks should be preventing that missing Kulu makes us look like a pub team.

So why isn't it working this season with better players available and a full preseason? I personally think he has lost the dressing room. He has good enough players to have us performing more consistently and not leaking in goals. So the fact we're not means something else is wrong.

A combination of things. I think GPV's passing took a toll on Conte, mentally and emotionally. I think the disruption of the mid-season WC has hurt him far more than other managers, since he relies far more on time to drill his players. I think the constant wave of injuries at key moments has hobbled him - we have almost never had a fully fit side to put out.

And I think players who were solid last season are just on the wane now. Lloris is done for at this level. Sonny looks like he's done for. Dier has let Conte down, like he let Nuno down, like he let Mourinho down, like he let Poch down.

I don't think he's lost the dressing room - I think he's been a combination of unlucky and stubborn.

Richarlson’s only been fit for a month or so since he’s been with us hasn’t he?

bentancur and richarlson Got injured at the World Cup they were both taken off for their national teams due to it. Can’t see any mystery there.

Fair enough, just seemed a bit of a coincidence that the players that probably felt they were due more minutes were having indeterminate injuries.

Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte speaking to the BBC:

"We have different characteristics. We don't have many players who are really good to beat the man. We don't have many creative players in our team. For sure today was really difficult to find space in the first half.

Oh, for fudge's sake....

...*you* wanted it that way!

Sigh. At least he sees it at last - a team of chundering cloggers is going to play like this.

Oh, for fudge's sake....

Sigh. At least he sees it at last - a team of chundering cloggers is going to play like this.

Everytime Spence comes on he looks to have that intent....how many starts this season? That's right.....Zero

If we go back to the first half of match thread, what do we need? Attacking intent against a negative side.

Rocket Science it aint.....#ConteBall

Conte will need a long hard look, he must be wondering where it is all unravelling in front of him

I don’t think he will be wondering that at all. He is an intelligent man who will understand the context of the situation and the severity of the impact that this particular context has caused us this season. The amount of games missed this season by Son, Kulu, Richy and Lucas is extraordinary. For it to happen during this world cup year season for a CL club is ultra damaging where the schedule has been insane. If anything he will count his lucky stars that Kane has somehow managed to play 90 minutes in all but a couple of games.

Everyone at the club will be clear headed and understand what we have had to face this season. We then look to recruit and see this season out knowing in terms of the league it can only be salvaged with some extended rest bite from injuries decimating one area of the team combined with good recruitment this month.

Oh, for fudge's sake....

It's not as this problem has suddenly fallen from the skies either. Many of us has been screaming for a creative midfield outlet since Eriksen, we've been spoiled with a long period of having arguably two of the best facilitators in the game. What they brought cannot be replaced by any odd system or tactic. We've set up to play that way, and I feel like we're replacing tyres with slightly better ones while the engine has gone missing.

Perisic the only one who looked vaguely interested today. And maybe Romero - he was the one trying to force their keeper into an error in injury time - but living dangerously with that ref.

I don't know. I want to be optimistic and believe it can be turned around. But it sure doesn't feel like it at the moment. Even when we have Kulu, Bentancur and Richie back, we'll probably still be playing this slow, slow, way.
Maybe the January window will make a difference. But then if Conte does go, we have to start all over. It's just so depressing right now.

We need our senior players and our Director of football to have a word with Conte and tell him these tactics aren't working. He needs to change his approach or get out.

I still can't work out what changed from the back end of last year to this season. We finished the season with a bang. We had a full and gruelling pre season so should be super fit. But our game plan tactics have been poor all season and Conte's in-game management and substitutions have frankly been appalling.

He needs to shape up or ship out. Enough of this boring boring football. Even a novice manager wouldn't have us going behind in 10 consecutive games.

It's not as this problem has suddenly fallen from the skies either. Many of us has been screaming for a creative midfield outlet since Eriksen, we've been spoiled with a long period of having arguably two of the best facilitators in the game. What they brought cannot be replaced by any odd system or tactic. We've set up to play that way, and I feel like we're replacing tyres with slightly better ones while the engine has gone missing.
It’s system football rather than player football
It’s robotic rather than instinctive and it’s never been our way as a club (hence the negativity being the negative football)
I’ve said it before but we haven’t had one solid link to a creative player under conte
We are regularly linked to more of eye same.
Porro is a wing back, the same as Spence
Malinowski is a wide forward like Kulu
The CMs are all of the same ilk
There is no plan B and if plan A isn’t working we’re dead

Left in a massive huff when the 2nd goal went in

That was pathetic, not enough attacking intent against a negative team
The few times we did step it up in the 1st half we played nice football and almost got something
Lloris is pathetic, not one mistake in the WC, 1st game back fumbles them a goal, total tosser
Son/Kane, awful
Perisic at least tried

and one final note, who was that ref, one of the worst performances I have ever seen

I really don't want to get rid of Conte to replace him with Poch but where do we go from here ?

I really don't know, all I know is that in 2 weeks time we are getting our arses handed to us on a plate by Arsenal, that will be embarassing

At least my little girl got a wave off Sonny, Lenglet, Dier, Conte before the game, that made her happy

Bissouma has always played hus best football in a 3 man midfielder.

What is the point of continually playing a back 3 when we do not have 3 quality centre backs. Romero played in a back 4 for Argentina, just get him a partner and that would improve us.

We need our senior players and our Director of football to have a word with Conte and tell him these tactics aren't working. He needs to change his approach or get out.

I still can't work out what changed from the back end of last year to this season. We finished the season with a bang. We had a full and gruelling pre season so should be super fit. But our game plan tactics have been poor all season and Conte's in-game management and substitutions have frankly been appalling.

He needs to shape up or ship out. Enough of this boring boring football. Even a novice manager wouldn't have us going behind in 10 consecutive games.

So the tactics worked last season but not this, i wonder why. Its not the manager and its not the tactics, could it be the players?
These guys are supposed to be professionals.

Back