• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Interested to see where he is post matchroom

Canelo V Ryder tonight too isn't it? Hard to look past an easy nights work for the beef steak junkie

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Cinco de Mayo weekend, so Canelo is indeed fighting.

Can’t stand the bloke, mostly for the reasons you’ve put forward.

I’ll try watch the Batsui fight, he took a swipe at Hearn / DAZN on his way out didn’t he?

Wow. I'm not suggesting boxers should be out to murder each other but I've had better scraps when totally stoned with mates to kill boredom.

Buatsi has won whilst going through the motions. Well done for winning but from the spectator's perspective it was dull.

Last edited:
Boxxer has been a big flop really, as said above the boxers are hardly covering themselves in glory with each fight televised

Looking at what boxing was going on last night and seeing all the coverage for that KSI card… boxing has always had its politics and silly nonsense but it really does feel like a massive fudging brick circus right now.

Looking at what boxing was going on last night and seeing all the coverage for that KSI card… boxing has always had its politics and silly nonsense but it really does feel like a massive fudging brick circus right now.

Yeh its so bad now. I had a little check in and some bloke got beat by getting an elbow to the temple and there were two pretty serious dust ups in the crowd and behind the scenes. Not saying the crowds were all that well behaved at normal boxing but this brand seems to be actively pursuing the idea that people pick sides, the scuffle behind the scenes had a real vibe that someone was going to pull a gun or something, thats the feeling this all gives me. Also whats worrying is that these social stars have young audiences picked up from doing videos about food or juvenile stuff that was largely harmless to now basically one where its ok to act like an absolute b-end faux gangster and knock about with OF fluffy bunnies cuddlings.

Good lad.

He has earned the right I suppose, Connor's hit higher heights than anyone on this board, why shouldn't he be tossered all the time?

Always seemed like a tool but maximized his mouth rather than his fighting ability and it's set him up for life.

Saw Nate Diaz earnestly claiming he was the best ever in the MMA game whilst taking a joke fight with a YouTuber, if it makes money I guess it's logical but there's a real lack of shame there imo.

He has earned the right I suppose, Connor's hit higher heights than anyone on this board, why shouldn't he be tossered all the time?

Always seemed like a tool but maximized his mouth rather than his fighting ability and it's set him up for life.

Saw Nate Diaz earnestly claiming he was the best ever in the MMA game whilst taking a joke fight with a YouTuber, if it makes money I guess it's logical but there's a real lack of shame there imo.
Different cheeks of the same arse though as Connor is promoting himself relentlessly all week at a boxing event and run in whilst being visibly coked out his box every night is not a good look as I don't think Nate Diaz in a misfits fight it.

If they wanna prove the best of all time in MMA there is a way of doing it which is less cringing for both IMO

McGregor was a fantastic fighter a few years ago, he did get a lot of favourable matchups in the UFC, his striking was elite and when he was disciplined and would make those low weights he overpowered most opponents. Once he made his money he took his foot off, completely understandable.

Run it back with most of those opponents now and he'd lose. That Aldo fight was one of the most disappointing of the lot, the build up was immense but he completely controlled him mentally all the way up to landing that punch, an absolute text book case of mind games.

He's supposed to be fighting Chandler later this year in the UFC, looking at him I have no idea when / how because he looks puffy as fudge and clearly tinkled /coked up to the gills, don't think he's even entered the testing pool yet and will need 6 months of clean tests before he can fight, I think.

Not watched it but the Haney vs. Lomachenko fight sounds worth a watch, lot of talk from the loser that they got robbed...

McGregor was a fantastic fighter a few years ago, he did get a lot of favourable matchups in the UFC, his striking was elite and when he was disciplined and would make those low weights he overpowered most opponents. Once he made his money he took his foot off, completely understandable.

Run it back with most of those opponents now and he'd lose. That Aldo fight was one of the most disappointing of the lot, the build up was immense but he completely controlled him mentally all the way up to landing that punch, an absolute text book case of mind games.

He's supposed to be fighting Chandler later this year in the UFC, looking at him I have no idea when / how because he looks puffy as fudge and clearly tinkled /coked up to the gills, don't think he's even entered the testing pool yet and will need 6 months of clean tests before he can fight, I think.

Not watched it but the Haney vs. Lomachenko fight sounds worth a watch, lot of talk from the loser that they got robbed...
Yeh I agree with all of this.

Was also an element of self proclaiming to being the greatest which created a hype, that's the name of the game but he wasnt the greatest and proved when he got embarrassed by his later opponents after ridiculing them.

Not sure anyone's career means they can then go around acting like Tony Montana of the fight world and not have people comment on it. I find that view which I've read alot kind of weird.

Loma v Haney was probably about right, I think they got the right winner, maybe not right scores but I don't get too wound up by that

Yeh I agree with all of this.

Was also an element of self proclaiming to being the greatest which created a hype, that's the name of the game but he wasnt the greatest and proved when he got embarrassed by his later opponents after ridiculing them.

Not sure anyone's career means they can then go around acting like Tony Montana of the fight world and not have people comment on it. I find that view which I've read alot kind of weird.

Loma v Haney was probably about right, I think they got the right winner, maybe not right scores but I don't get too wound up by that

He was always going to be shown up by an elite wrestler, I think if his fight with Chad Mendes had more than 2 weeks notice he would have lost that fight too.

Khabib wasn’t going to be goaded into staying on his feet the entire fight which is what he tried to do in the build up and he got demolished.

Combat sports needs these characters, fun on the way up and even more fun when they’re on the way down and you fancy seeing them get beaten up.

I feel the same way about Jon Jones, cannot fudging stand the man and pray to see someone absolutely smash his face in (doubt we will ever see that sadly) but loved watching him rise.

Taylor was quite soundly beaten, her opponent was very good especially in that atmosphere
She is taking the rematch but maybe it's time for Taylor to retire as the true champion she is

I thought she looked beat from about Round 3 or 4. But she managed to show flurries of her old self in the last few rounds.

Glad I had not paid top dollar to be end up sat behind McGregor. Was up and down like a jack-in-a-box all night

That was some of the best sh1t boxing I have seen in years

Okolie v Smith was just obscure, Okolie the worse WC since Primo Canero. Conlon getting absolutely wiped out and Wood beating an overweight Lara. Classic

So who is going to bottle out of Fury v AJ this time !!
Contract sent to AJ same terms as in December

Fury has already bottled it, Hearn said that was all gonad*s an hour after Fury said it. Even said Fury's promoter had no idea what he was on about. Funny that once AJ and Whyte appear to have a rough date sorted for Sept, he sends over a "draft contract" for Sept.

Fury isn't serious, at this point he's holding up the division and looks like he's ducking everyone to me, he beats AJ with one arm tied behind his back too.

Back