• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Whyte should be all over Hearn for another crack at AJ, reckon he'd probably chin him if they go again.
Same, see how he deals with all those wrists up in his face and round his ears, I reckon it would be a real struggle for him.

He has to be avoiding Wilder like the plague with no belt on the line and basic guarantee that he gets knocked out...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Same, see how he deals with all those wrists up in his face and round his ears, I reckon it would be a real struggle for him.

He has to be avoiding Wilder like the plague with no belt on the line and basic guarantee that he gets knocked out...

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I still think AJ beats Wilder but it wouldn't be a fun fight.

A few years back before Ruiz Jr made AJ gun shy it could have been a classic Heavyweight shootout.

I still think AJ beats Wilder but it wouldn't be a fun fight.

A few years back before Ruiz Jr made AJ gun shy it could have been a classic Heavyweight shootout.

I think he gets beaten comprehensively now TBH, Wilder has more duration that people give him credit for too, not sure AJ has the boxing IQ to stick enough on him, especially when he would be too scared about whats coming back at him

Managed to catch this last night. He gave me the impression he did not really want to be there. Very hesitant, I think him saying if he lost he quits made him cautious and reluctant to really 'go for it'
Strange after fight comment saying that he was diappointed he did not knock him out but was pretty sure another Brit would?? Bizarre

I think if fought Wilder he would not last four rounds. If he fought Fury i think Fury would just play with him and torment him for 8 rounds to 'headf#ck' him before finishing it.
Based on last night I can only see him beating 'handpicked' opponents (a-la Mickey with Rocky), dont see him mixing it with a top class fighter anymore

UFC's owner have just purchased 51% of WWE and are looking to merge the UFC and WWE into a "single entity" worth $21 billion.

The problem with losing to Ruiz was the robot game plan he had to employ in the rematch. It’s instilled a 'no lose' blueprint rather than a 'overpower you' instinct.

Indeed, partly why I think he would beat Wilder, who is a pretty dreadful boxer and was an incredibly well protected world champion, but that right hand is explosive, AJ could possibly jab his way to a win.

I’d still like to see if he could, or if Wilder can catch him with that right.

I think he gets beaten comprehensively now TBH, Wilder has more duration that people give him credit for too, not sure AJ has the boxing IQ to stick enough on him, especially when he would be too scared about whats coming back at him

before the third Fury fight I didn’t rate Wilder at all. Well apart from his power. But that third fight changed my mind, he has more steel than many, including me gave him credit for.

Khan defense for 2 year doping ban after test post Brook fight (paraphrasing slightly) -

"How could I have doped, I lost the fight!"

"It could have been passed in to my system via shaking hands"

I'm surprised his legal representative/ publicist didn't rugby tackle him at that stage in an effort to stop him talking. I was surprised eggs weren't brought in to the conversation given recent history and the time of year.

Edit - As for Joshua, he has every right to crack on and make as much as he can whilst he explores whether he can get back to world title level but that said I would genuinely fear for his health going in to fights against Tyson or Wilder.

Khan defense for 2 year doping ban after test post Brook fight (paraphrasing slightly) -

I'm surprised his legal representative/ publicist didn't rugby tackle him at that stage in an effort to stop him talking. I was surprised eggs weren't brought in to the conversation given recent history and the time of year.

Edit - As for Joshua, he has every right to crack on and make as much as he can whilst he explores whether he can get back to world title level but that said I would genuinely fear for his health going in to fights against Tyson or Wilder.

I heard the audio today and you hear his legal rep or whoever panic and try to stop him talking after they quickly realised he was just rambling and about to say something stupid, 'Maybe I shook someone's hand etc'. Shame, he had a good career, Makes you wonder if he was using the whole time when you hear about a failed test.

Boxing really needs to sort it's self out on the drug testing procedures. How can this only come out over a year since the test was taken! Sadly nothing will change while there are journalists like Gareth A Davies just trying to be pally with fighters and promoters and not holding them to account. I suppose that's the way Boxing will always be.

I heard the audio today and you hear his legal rep or whoever panic and try to stop him talking after they quickly realised he was just rambling and about to say something stupid, 'Maybe I shook someone's hand etc'. Shame, he had a good career, Makes you wonder if he was using the whole time when you hear about a failed test.

Boxing really needs to sort it's self out on the drug testing procedures. How can this only come out over a year since the test was taken! Sadly nothing will change while there are journalists like Gareth A Davies just trying to be pally with fighters and promoters and not holding them to account. I suppose that's the way Boxing will always be.

Taken a year and likely only givven a ban because he has retired. It sucks.

You see Benn throw his toys out at the fight on Saturday? Blokes an absolute joker

Another top level sports that barely blushes when something blatantly corrupt happens unfortunately. Khan will gave a pretty easy time of it as he has taken his money and run.

As long as their are people like Hearn being hailed as saviours of sport whilst covering up for hardcore doping and cheating then there is no hope for the sport in terms of cleanliness.

Boxing will always have it unfortunately, a lot of high profile failures have been forgotten pretty quickly, Canelo and Fury in recent years.

Khan's excuse is brilliant though, I was brick, I couldn't have doped!

Back