• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Zhang was brilliant, great left shot, couldn't miss with it
Poor old Joe, a big loss at this stage. He is such a robot (granted an effective one most of the time).

Funny in the post fight interview him saying that he kept getting caught by the right hand.
It was the left Joe, and I don't think you saw it coming all night.

Well done to Zhang.

Poor old Joe, a big loss at this stage. He is such a robot (granted an effective one most of the time).

Funny in the post fight interview him saying that he kept getting caught by the right hand.
It was the left Joe, and I don't think you saw it coming all night.

Well done to Zhang.
Yeh, likeable lad but not the brightest spark bless him

Zhang will struggle to get fights as he will eb dodged about now, I see him being touted round the UK abit now and fighting the likes of Whyte or Dubois

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Great to see 2 undefeated fighters in their prime actually fighting each other, by far the worst thing in boxing is all the ducking and weird contract negotiations. The governing bodies don't help by allowing people to only defend once every 12-24 months. Sounded like it was a great fight, can tell there's a lot of respect behind the bravado and trash talk.

Liam Smith will fight Chris Eubank Jr in a rematch on 17 June at the Manchester Arena.

Liverpudlian Smith, 34, beat Eubank in January via fourth-round stoppage in a bitterly-contested middleweight fight.

Eubank, 33, sought revenge and activated the rematch clause shortly after the third loss of his career.

In the co-main event, Briton Savannah Marshall will face undisputed super-middleweight champion Franchon Crews-Dezurn.

Marshall, 31, has not fought since she lost her own grudge match against Claressa Shields in October, but has a second chance to become undisputed champion.

American Crews-Dezurn holds all four world titles in the division and the only defeat on the 35-year-old's record is by Shields in 2016.

Liam Smith will fight Chris Eubank Jr in a rematch on 17 June at the Manchester Arena.

Liverpudlian Smith, 34, beat Eubank in January via fourth-round stoppage in a bitterly-contested middleweight fight.

Eubank, 33, sought revenge and activated the rematch clause shortly after the third loss of his career.

In the co-main event, Briton Savannah Marshall will face undisputed super-middleweight champion Franchon Crews-Dezurn.

Marshall, 31, has not fought since she lost her own grudge match against Claressa Shields in October, but has a second chance to become undisputed champion.

American Crews-Dezurn holds all four world titles in the division and the only defeat on the 35-year-old's record is by Shields in 2016.

Smith Eubank...Meh

I reckon if Benn could get licensed in the UK they would have made that fight, no one outside the UK will give a toss so they've gone with the rematch.

I think Eubank was warned his licence would be ripped up if he wanted to go fight Benn in the middle east. All the hassle around Benn right now probably left him with no option but to take the rematch with Smith.

I think Eubank was warned his licence would be ripped up if he wanted to go fight Benn in the middle east. All the hassle around Benn right now probably left him with no option but to take the rematch with Smith.

Makes sense, Benn is probably a bit of a bricky stick at the moment, though I imagine when he does get a fight booked it will be a big deal, everyone will want to see him get chinned.

Makes sense, Benn is probably a bit of a bricky stick at the moment, though I imagine when he does get a fight booked it will be a big deal, everyone will want to see him get chinned.

yeh probably right TBF

The weight issue for me makes it a crap fight, I don't like Eubank particularly but I also don't enjoy watching bags of bones walk round the ring getting their arse kicked

Not going to pretend I know the full ins and outs of the light heavy weight division but looking forward to the Buatsi fight tonight as well as the undercard. Doesn't seem like an easy / safe option for either fighter, but I remember hearing a lot about the British contender, hope it can propel him in to world title levels as the press seems to suggest it may.

Last edited:
Not going to pretend I know the full ins and outs of the light heavy weight division but looking forward to the Buatsi fight tonight as well as the undercard. Doesn't seem like an easy / safe option for either fighter, but I remember hearing a lot about the British contender, hope it can properly him in to world title levels as the press seems to suggest it may.
Interested to see where he is post matchroom

Canelo V Ryder tonight too isn't it? Hard to look past an easy nights work for the beef steak junkie

Interested to see where he is post matchroom

Canelo V Ryder tonight too isn't it? Hard to look past an easy nights work for the beef steak junkie

No idea, just happy to be able to watch a decent fight on sky without having to pay extra. So even if nobody else is interested I'll no doubt be live tweeting the event tonight on here!

Back