• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

If I was Usyk I would just post again and say 'OK, no rematch, any other demands or can we get on with it now?'

Fury is the best around and I know he wants to milk whatever he can and prove he is the A side of every fight but its getting out of hand now. Just fight every few months, clear out the division and get on with creating your legacy.

He did respond, said the rematch clause came from Fury’s side and not his, accused him of ducking.

He is getting loads of pressure from DAZN to start putting on good shows and they are losing money and face all over, put the subs up, charging for PPVs when their business model was never to charge them. Hearns putting on small hall broadcasts in Mexico, Italy and France and no one is checking in.

Him and his old man have alot invested in the success there, not saying it will skint them should it go tits up but it won't be good for them, nor a good look, the pressure is definitely taking its toll.

I watched this interview with Fury and the really tall TV presenter who did the F1 for a while (names gone) and he was talking about why he wanted 70/30 from Usyk and it was really measured. He was saying about how he literally was a one man band promoting all his last half dozen fights, going to America on a boom or bust tour, doing the WWE stuff, then solely promoting other shows like Whyte etc, literally wind him up and let him go and now he is champ he feels he deserves the majority of the purse, now I know Usyk is also a champ with more belts, but hard to argue that he does not have the right to defend his corner

Didn't realise that was the route he'd gone down, serves him right. He got greedy, had everything going for him a few years back - was putting on a lot of big shows, plenty of UK world champions etc and now seems to have all quietened down.

Hmmmm, I mean great for Ryder, I think he is a decent enough fighter, but not the headliner that sticks Canelo in the top of the HoF

I do question how great Canelo is, undoubtedly a very very good fighter, but his record (when you take out the billion small hall Mexico fights) is weird. Rocky Fielding, Khan (beaten up version), Liam Smith, Matty Hatton, Yildrim, Ryan Rhodes...loads of padding. I also think his GGG win was questionable the first time round

Also amazingly his KO record went up significantly after his infected beef intake

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I mean great for Ryder, I think he is a decent enough fighter, but not the headliner that sticks Canelo in the top of the HoF

I do question how great Canelo is, undoubtedly a very very good fighter, but his record (when you take out the billion small hall Mexico fights) is weird. Rocky Fielding, Khan (beaten up version), Liam Smith, Matty Hatton, Yildrim, Ryan Rhodes...loads of padding. I also think his GGG win was questionable the first time round

Also amazingly his KO record went up significantly after his infected beef intake

He's definitely juicing, not possible to move up and down the weights like he does. He definitely lost the first GGG fight, looked rigged to me. Agree he's a good boxer but difficult to tell just how good he is when a lot of his fights have been against padded fighters.

He's definitely juicing, not possible to move up and down the weights like he does. He definitely lost the first GGG fight, looked rigged to me. Agree he's a good boxer but difficult to tell just how good he is when a lot of his fights have been against padded fighters.

I saw a comparison photo a while back, will see if I can dig it out, was his back and neck years apart, was ridiculous

Why is it off?

Only coming from one side currently so obviously a pinch of salt required but Fury demanded 70/30 and they called his bluff, then the rematch nonsense which it appears Usyk also agreed to, they’re now saying that there were more “obstacles” from Fury and they’ve called it off.

Fury and Usyk looks to be officially off as of this morning.

Monumental duck by Fury.

It's interesting, in a sense you can see why Fury wants to protect his legacy. If he can finish undefeated as a heavyweight, that's an amazing achievement, a hell of a CV. However, imo it would be more respectable if he properly retired rather than petering out fighting 50 year old Chisora types.

It's been said before but the foundations / fight making farce of boxing needs to be ripped up from the roots and made serious, where fighters simply have to fight the best or vacate - No flimflam excuses from snakey promoters.

It's interesting, in a sense you can see why Fury wants to protect his legacy. If he can finish undefeated as a heavyweight, that's an amazing achievement, a hell of a CV. However, imo it would be more respectable if he properly retired rather than petering out fighting 50 year old Chisora types.

It's been said before but the foundations / fight making farce of boxing needs to be ripped up from the roots and made serious, where fighters simply have to fight the best or vacate - No flimflam excuses from snakey promoters.
I’m not sure it’s that great a CV to be honest. He’s fought a past his best Klitschko, who there are reports didn’t train properly for the fight anyway. Then 3 fights with Wilder, a very average boxer with a hard punch. Other than that there’s no one of note.

it’s very far from the CV of a Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, etc. And why I don’t think he’ll ever be considered a true great.

you can only beat what’s put in front of you, absolutely, but he clearly doesn’t fancy Usyk and i’d even question whether he ever really wanted Joshua?

all IMO of course.

I’m not sure it’s that great a CV to be honest. He’s fought a past his best Klitschko, who there are reports didn’t train properly for the fight anyway. Then 3 fights with Wilder, a very average boxer with a hard punch. Other than that there’s no one of note.

it’s very far from the CV of a Holyfield, Foreman, Tyson, Lewis, etc. And why I don’t think he’ll ever be considered a true great.

you can only beat what’s put in front of you, absolutely, but he clearly doesn’t fancy Usyk and i’d even question whether he ever really wanted Joshua?

all IMO of course.
Sells a lot of tickets and makes a lot of people rich

all IMO of course.

Fair points, on the CV front I don't think I know the division well enough to say who he should have fought during his era that he ducked (apart from Usyk at present). Obviously the AJ fight was what people wanted but I do think that fight would have been something of a mismatch with Joshua looking out of his depth.

The Wilder trilogy was huge risk imo and Klitschko is the consummate professional so I doubt he half arsed it. I don't recall if there was a rematch scheduled with him, I guess that was around the time of the drug ban / breakdown etc Obviously we'll never know but had that gone ahead Fury may very well have lost that one.

@markysimmo Interesting you never have a bad word to say about Fury but can't wait to criticize Joshua, Chisora, Whyte - If only there was some kind of distinguishing difference that made it easier to work out why you didn't like them ...hmmm...:eek:;)

Last edited:
@markysimmo Interesting you never have a bad word to say about Fury but can't wait to criticize Joshua, Chisora, Whyte - If only there was some kind of distinguishing difference that made it easier to work out why you didn't like them ...hmmm...:eek:;)

Joshua is an absolute prick of a man
I like Whyte/Chisora/Wilder/Joyce as fighters and personalities too
I really like to watch Connor Benn as well

and fudge off with the stupid winking emoji I'm not daft

Joshua is an absolute prick of a man
I like Whyte/Chisora/Wilder/Joyce as fighters and personalities too
I really like to watch Connor Benn as well

and fudge off with the stupid winking emoji I'm not daft

Joyce is an interesting one, love watching him fight and seems like a nice enough guy but does not have the gift of the gab. Some of the pre fight "heated conversations" with Zhang have been painful.

Joyce is an interesting one, love watching him fight and seems like a nice enough guy but does not have the gift of the gab. Some of the pre fight "heated conversations" with Zhang have been painful.
Didn't realise he was 34 as well felt he was younger
Be interesting to see how Fabio Wardly progresses too

They should try and do some kind of Super tournament.. Have Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Joyce, Hrgovic etc.

Host all the fights in Saudi (So no one can complain about the money/ apparently thats why Usyk doesnt want this Wembley April date and would prefer a Middle East fight with Wilder etc and earn 5 times more), Make them all fight each other with huge penalties if anyone pulls out lol

Back