• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

I do wonder how Boxing has managed to escape the wrath of the modern world. You read about so many petty things getting cancelled on a day to day basis and yet punching others in the head doesn't seem to bother anyone that much does it!?

Doesn't matter to me one way or another, It's a personal choice etc. Just seems weird how Boxing seems to be outside that bubble. Maybe it's just the tradition of it, I don't know
Yeh, I side on the personal choice of the boxer to decide if he wants to step on the ring, but like you I'm astonished the sports gone majorly unscaved in the modern world.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Interesting that Benn is complaining that the excuse given for his failed drug test was not what he said, so does that then make him by his own admission guilty? Also the subsequent "I felt suicidal" after the case seems, maybe cynically, well timed

Interesting that Benn is complaining that the excuse given for his failed drug test was not what he said, so does that then make him by his own admission guilty? Also the subsequent "I felt suicidal" after the case seems, maybe cynically, well timed

Yeah, I think they quickly realised the egg excuse wouldn't wash. They are doubling down on the testing process now. He's saying that the failed test came up clean a when tested days before the failed one etc.

I'm not sure why he went on Piers Morgan though. It didn't help him. Just moaning like the British Boxing Board are out to get him and he doesn't know why they have it in for him etc.

Nice, something to look forward to

I see Hearn is playing his games "Wilder and AJ is bigger" after saying Wilder was not a decent record for Fury and Fury who beat one of them three times fighting a man who beat AJ twice. No wonder his broadcast empire is in the hole

Nice, something to look forward to

I see Hearn is playing his games "Wilder and AJ is bigger" after saying Wilder was not a decent record for Fury and Fury who beat one of them three times fighting a man who beat AJ twice. No wonder his broadcast empire is in the hole

Hearn was on a full blown rant yesterday, dropping f bombs and stuff. I think he is bricking it because nobody is buying tickets for AJ against whoever it is they hand picked to get back in the win column

Hearn was on a full blown rant yesterday, dropping f bombs and stuff. I think he is bricking it because nobody is buying tickets for AJ against whoever it is they hand picked to get back in the win column

He is getting loads of pressure from DAZN to start putting on good shows and they are losing money and face all over, put the subs up, charging for PPVs when their business model was never to charge them. Hearns putting on small hall broadcasts in Mexico, Italy and France and no one is checking in.

Him and his old man have alot invested in the success there, not saying it will skint them should it go tits up but it won't be good for them, nor a good look, the pressure is definitely taking its toll.

I watched this interview with Fury and the really tall TV presenter who did the F1 for a while (names gone) and he was talking about why he wanted 70/30 from Usyk and it was really measured. He was saying about how he literally was a one man band promoting all his last half dozen fights, going to America on a boom or bust tour, doing the WWE stuff, then solely promoting other shows like Whyte etc, literally wind him up and let him go and now he is champ he feels he deserves the majority of the purse, now I know Usyk is also a champ with more belts, but hard to argue that he does not have the right to defend his corner

He is getting loads of pressure from DAZN to start putting on good shows and they are losing money and face all over, put the subs up, charging for PPVs when their business model was never to charge them. Hearns putting on small hall broadcasts in Mexico, Italy and France and no one is checking in.

Him and his old man have alot invested in the success there, not saying it will skint them should it go tits up but it won't be good for them, nor a good look, the pressure is definitely taking its toll.

I watched this interview with Fury and the really tall TV presenter who did the F1 for a while (names gone) and he was talking about why he wanted 70/30 from Usyk and it was really measured. He was saying about how he literally was a one man band promoting all his last half dozen fights, going to America on a boom or bust tour, doing the WWE stuff, then solely promoting other shows like Whyte etc, literally wind him up and let him go and now he is champ he feels he deserves the majority of the purse, now I know Usyk is also a champ with more belts, but hard to argue that he does not have the right to defend his corner

I know it's all politics etc but I couldn't give a toss who's going to earn what split, sort that out behind the scenes, agree to fight and fudging fight.

Seems this is over the line finally, for what it's worth, reckon it's going to be a really boring but perhaps tense fight. Fury UD.

I know it's all politics etc but I couldn't give a toss who's going to earn what split, sort that out behind the scenes, agree to fight and fudging fight.

Seems this is over the line finally, for what it's worth, reckon it's going to be a really boring but perhaps tense fight. Fury UD.

Def a fight for the purists as both very similar

Fury is a huge draw, over 90k for a fight against Whyte, 60k for a fight outside in December, he puts bums on seats more than any other fighter around
Does Usyk turn down $15-20m at Wembley and get at most $3m for Dubois at a 10k tops arena
For me he should get a bigger slice of the pie

Fury is a huge draw, over 90k for a fight against Whyte, 60k for a fight outside in December, he puts bums on seats more than any other fighter around
Does Usyk turn down $15-20m at Wembley and get at most $3m for Dubois at a 10k tops arena

I don't disagree, but hearing them bleat on about it is boring and adds nothing to the build up.

Maybe in a fair world unification fights would always have to be 50/50 splits....but yeah I know, this is boxing.

Maybe in a fair world unification fights would always have to be 50/50 splits....but yeah I know, this is boxing.

The amount of belts doesn't seem to factor in either, Usyk owns 75% of the titles up for grabs but will only be taking 30% of the purse because Fury is the draw.

Tyson Fury challenged Oleksandr Usyk to forego any rematch clause ahead of their proposed blockbuster bout in April - before Usyk insisted the clause was coming from Fury's side and that he does not want to play the Briton's "stupid games".

The World Boxing Association confirmed on Friday evening that an "agreement" had been reached for a fight between the undefeated pair, who hold the heavyweight division's four titles between them.

WBC champion Fury addressed WBA, WBO and IBF champion Usyk in a video posted on Twitter, saying: "I've been speaking to the lawyers and Usyk's people have been talking about rematch clauses.

"Here's one to up the ante - how about there is no rematch clause for both of us? Let's up the ante completely.

"Never worry about what's in the future or how many more dollars you can get after you've been defeated. Worry about the fight.

Usyk responded by releasing a video of his own, in which he said: "Greedy Belly [Fury]. Very much, the clause comes from your side, not mine. Stop whining and ducking

"Be a man. Ink the contract or vacate the belt. I need undisputed - and not to play your stupid games."

Speaking last week, Usyk said a fight with Fury was "very important for both of us" and that it must be made.

"All four belts haven't been held by one person, so both of us need this fight," Usyk said, pointing out it has been two decades since the heavyweight division had an undisputed champion.

"I'm not afraid of Tyson Fury. His will be like any other fight. It's just a big man who has never lost before against a man who has the WBC belt.

"Of course it's possible to get carried away but actually this is a normal fight for the right to win all the belts.

"If a person is bigger than me, it doesn't mean they're stronger than me. If they have longer arms, it doesn't mean that it will be an advantage.

"I've been boxing since I was 15-years-old. They kept telling me that I shouldn't be boxing. They told me that I wouldn't become an Olympic champion or a world champion and that I shouldn't have switched to the heavyweight division.

"But these were opinions from people who couldn't do it themselves. Personally, I keep praying and move forward. I don't worry about whether I will reach my destination.

"It's like a samurai. He doesn't have an aim, he has his path. I have my path too."

Fury’s ducking him.

Said 70/30, Usyk called his bluff, now no rematch? He’s looking like a total fanny.

Yeh and I really like Fury, but its getting tired quickly now. He was much more interesting the poacher, now he is gamekeeper its a joke

On another subject, this wallybrain boxing with the celebs is starting to descend into a joke now, all these onlyfan girls being piped on by Ebanie Bridges are now fighting and some bloke called Simple Simon (never a more apt name) fighting some proper drug dealing lookalike called the Chef or something....I mean, can someone make it stop

If I was Usyk I would just post again and say 'OK, no rematch, any other demands or can we get on with it now?'

Fury is the best around and I know he wants to milk whatever he can and prove he is the A side of every fight but its getting out of hand now. Just fight every few months, clear out the division and get on with creating your legacy.

Back