• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Wow it's actually happening - really looking forward to this. 2 great boxers in their prime, sad that it's such a rare event.

Yep, they fight in April. Tank probably edges the favourite and I can see why, i think Garcia is so insanely quick but may lack the power Tank has. But Garcia does have the height and reach advantage so it should be class even for a 4am wake up!

Yep, they fight in April. Tank probably edges the favourite and I can see why, i think Garcia is so insanely quick but may lack the power Tank has. But Garcia does have the height and reach advantage so it should be class even for a 4am wake up!

Its a great fight, def one to look forward to

Can someone explain to me why Tommy was celebrating like he done something special. He beat on points someone that is a semi pro. He should have been ashamed that he didn’t knock him out.

Can someone explain to me why Tommy was celebrating like he done something special. He beat on points someone that is a semi pro. He should have been ashamed that he didn’t knock him out.
On face value your completely right. I think it was just because of the 2.5 year build up and all round pressure that had been put on him (not least from his family) and the fact he was obliged to win. Bare in mind he's only a kid at 23, mentally immature with many influences around him.

As for the future gonads they're going on about ie 'Tommy will be headlining only from now on' ...they need a reality check. He looks an average fighter at best one that thinks pumping weights make him a strongman.

He has raked a good purse from this nights work, so good luck to him

Won’t happen but hope Jones gets KTFO, absolutely cannot stand the man.

At times he seems more like a punching bag than a boxer but one has to admire his durability.

Joyce isn't a great entertainer / talker (especially the latter) but he is a helluva fighter, interesting to see how far he can go with his set of skills.

At times he seems more like a punching bag than a boxer but one has to admire his durability.

Joyce isn't a great entertainer / talker (especially the latter) but he is a helluva fighter, interesting to see how far he can go with his set of skills.

I meant Jon Jones the MMA fighter, he's making his comeback at Heavyweight tonight in the UFC, hope he gets sparked.

I like Joyce, not very exciting but has a hell of a chin on him, enjoyed the Parker fight. He's already 37 though, if he's going to make a move for the big fights he needs to do it soon.

I meant Jon Jones the MMA fighter, he's making his comeback at Heavyweight tonight in the UFC, hope he gets sparked.

I like Joyce, not very exciting but has a hell of a chin on him, enjoyed the Parker fight. He's already 37 though, if he's going to make a move for the big fights he needs to do it soon.
Apparently Joyce has some scientific miracle bine structure, something ridiculous like 3 times stronger than average humans which is why he gets so many hits and walks through them...went to America or something to get tested for it.

I will admit to being wrong about him, thought he was a couple of fights and gone act but he has really impressed me

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Oops! My bad, it's almost like I just saw what I wanted to reply to haha....

I didn't even know there was a UFC event tonight but am sad now as that would be quality to watch - Only got Sky Sports. Seem some of the build up, it will no doubt be spicy.

Oops! My bad, it's almost like I just saw what I wanted to reply to haha....

I didn't even know there was a UFC event tonight but am sad now as that would be quality to watch - Only got Sky Sports. Seem some of the build up, it will no doubt be spicy.

I used to stay up until 5am to watch UFC all the time back in the day, I can barely make 11pm these days before conking out.

I’ll download it and watch in the morning, likely to a Jon Jones victory.

I used to stay up until 5am to watch UFC all the time back in the day, I can barely make 11pm these days before conking out.

I’ll download it and watch in the morning, likely to a Jon Jones victory.

I wish I was as passionate about UFC as I was about boxing as I've no doubt it'd be more fulfilling.

However I can't wrap my head around someone allowed within the rules to carry on attacking an opponent once they're already down, it's a weird threshold to have I know!!!!

I wish I was as passionate about UFC as I was about boxing as I've no doubt it'd be more fulfilling.

However I can't wrap my head around someone allowed within the rules to carry on attacking an opponent once they're already down, it's a weird threshold to have I know!!!!

A good ref will stop any unnecessary damage but yeh it does happen and has been feckin’ nasty on occasion.

I used to be way more into UFC and MMA but think it’s not as interesting in recent years, had more interest in Boxing.

That's true, But on the flip side in Boxing you see guys get rocked, knocked down, stand back up and allowed to carry on after 10 seconds, rarely making a comeback and getting knocked down again and again. Whereas in MMA if you get knocked down heavily the ref will jump in and that's it, Game over.

I used to love the earlier days of UFC/MMA when you could see a variety of fighters with different backgrounds and skillsets. Nowadays though they all grow up training in all the disciplines from an early age and it doesn't quite have the same appeal anymore (Even though the standard is much higher than ever).

Anyway, Having Jon Jones back tonight could be a big deal. He will either rag doll Gane and show everyone he is still the P4P king OR he fails this heavyweight experiment and it will all feel a bit 'meh' lol

That's true, But on the flip side in Boxing you see guys get rocked, knocked down, stand back up and allowed to carry on after 10 seconds, rarely making a comeback and getting knocked down again and again. Whereas in MMA if you get knocked down heavily the ref will jump in and that's it, Game over.

I used to love the earlier days of UFC/MMA when you could see a variety of fighters with different backgrounds and skillsets. Nowadays though they all grow up training in all the disciplines from an early age and it doesn't quite have the same appeal anymore (Even though the standard is much higher than ever).

Anyway, Having Jon Jones back tonight could be a big deal. He will either rag doll Gane and show everyone he is still the P4P king OR he fails this heavyweight experiment and it will all feel a bit 'meh' lol

Fair point. The slightly ironic difference is that the chance to get back up and carry on fighting is what does to most damage to boxers, due to the sustained damage to the brain which the mind of a downed boxer doesn't necessarily forsee. There is occasionally the odd insane comeback where it's all worthwhile despite the risk - Therein lies the beauty of peaceful combat, the chance of a glorious comeback, there's no glory in beating up someone who is already on the floor...

Fair point. The slightly ironic difference is that the chance to get back up and carry on fighting is what does to most damage to boxers, due to the sustained damage to the brain which the mind of a downed boxer doesn't necessarily forsee. There is occasionally the odd insane comeback where it's all worthwhile despite the risk - Therein lies the beauty of peaceful combat, the chance of a glorious comeback, there's no glory in beating up someone who is already on the floor...
Taking the conversation off on a tagent it's interesting to me, even as a huge Boxing fan that there is less made of boxing injuries or the nature of the sport in this day an age, considering the sport is literally bashing someone in the head, than say football, rugby and the NFL which are all in the midst of serious brain and dementia reviews.

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

I do wonder how Boxing has managed to escape the wrath of the modern world. You read about so many petty things getting cancelled on a day to day basis and yet punching others in the head doesn't seem to bother anyone that much does it!?

Doesn't matter to me one way or another, It's a personal choice etc. Just seems weird how Boxing seems to be outside that bubble. Maybe it's just the tradition of it, I don't know

Back