• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Heard Warren say the stadium they use in Saudi is out of operation currently as they are making it much bigger and it won't be ready until Nov/Dec time

They should try and do some kind of Super tournament.. Have Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Joyce, Hrgovic etc.

Host all the fights in Saudi (So no one can complain about the money/ apparently thats why Usyk doesnt want this Wembley April date and would prefer a Middle East fight with Wilder etc and earn 5 times more), Make them all fight each other with huge penalties if anyone pulls out lol

Sounds like a Mortal Kombat situation, I'm in! (On the premise but absolutely not the location)

Heard Warren say the stadium they use in Saudi is out of operation currently as they are making it much bigger and it won't be ready until Nov/Dec time

Yeah that's why they were desperate to get this Wembley date done. They said earlier that Usyk was linked with a fight somewhere else in the middle east in June or July, So he might do that first, then he can fight Fury later in the year in Saudi and have 2 massive pay days instead risking it for 1 smaller UK one

Location aside, those venues are poxy by the looks of it, they have huge pillars in each corner with hi def graphics, so its like a new wave Spurs from the east stand (without Hasselbaink scoring hatricks)

Didn't realise there's Haney Lomachenko for all the lightweight titles on 20 May. Not followed Loma in last couple of fights but he had insane speed and footwork - should be a good one.

Didn't realise there's Haney Lomachenko for all the lightweight titles on 20 May. Not followed Loma in last couple of fights but he had insane speed and footwork - should be a good one.
Hasn't he been back home fighting the Russians?.....I hope it wasn't hand to hand combat for their sakes.

Yeah he's done now, I imagine they'll try use last night to get him one last big pay day and call it quits, I've always wanted him and Wilder to get booked, wonder if they could get that in a stadium (ours would do) and that'll be that.

Him talking about Fury is silly, though at this point I wouldn't bet against Fury seeing it as an easy pay day (always was).

He wasn't terrible BUT
Cautious, predictable, boxing by numbers etc

AJs confidence and belief has gone.

Sucked out of him by the losses. Being put in trouble by fighters supposedly below his level. He ain't great at taking a punch, and he knows that. It all adds up in the mind, and that's no place for a mind to be if you want to be World Champion.

Stone me he looked poor, looks gun shy and his boxing IQ looks scrambled because of a fear of being hit. His body language looked poor, like someone said, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there

I get the game was not to lose and stay within the optics of the top but honestly, I think anyone else would be licking their lips at the prospect of fighting him now. I would even say Ruiz beats him now if they hard a third fight and I would definitely avoid a Joyce or Wilder. Its World Title fight or bust now or he will certainly be out the circle

It was obviously a no win fight for him, but I agree with the general sentiment here, he looked gun shy. A couple of times he had Franklin in trouble but didn’t seem to want to go for it, maybe worried about getting tagged again like the Ruiz fight or running out of steam, or both? Just a very stale performance.

he doesn’t do himself any favours in the aftermath or interviews either, comes across as obnoxious and trying to avoid answering questions from the interviewer.

Stone me he looked poor, looks gun shy and his boxing IQ looks scrambled because of a fear of being hit. His body language looked poor, like someone said, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there

I get the game was not to lose and stay within the optics of the top but honestly, I think anyone else would be licking their lips at the prospect of fighting him now. I would even say Ruiz beats him now if they hard a third fight and I would definitely avoid a Joyce or Wilder. Its World Title fight or bust now or he will certainly be out the circle

Whyte should be all over Hearn for another crack at AJ, reckon he'd probably chin him if they go again.

Back