• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

it's a money driven sport like they all are to be honest. A lot of variation in sport too, in terms of background of people. For example Cricket extremly middle class. Football and Boxing are two examples of working class sports with personnel from those backgrounds too, money will inevitably be the driving factor.

it's a money driven sport like they all are to be honest. A lot of variation in sport too, in terms of background of people. For example Cricket extremly middle class. Football and Boxing are two examples of working class sports with personnel from those backgrounds too, money will inevitably be the driving factor.

True although unlike other sports the top athletes are not getting the riches, the social media stars, its mental.

Indeed, no one seems to want a ruck it seems, Fury looks like he's ducking Usyk to me, but that's just from what you see out in the world, he's allegedly turned down £60m from the Saudi's, no one will be offering him more... so that fight won't happen, that Chisora fight recently was a total utter joke.

I thought Wilder vs. Andy Ruiz Jr was gonna happen and be a fun fight, nothing going on there, I couldn't give two bricks about ol' juicer Canelo, this Conor Benn thing is a total fiasco, he's likely gonna make a nice few quid out of it now everyone will want to see him get chinned, was looking forward to the Eubank Jr vs. Smith fight but their quest for PPV buys turned it into an awkward ugly affair.

Say what you want about the social media lot (I will, Jake Paul is an annoying c*nt) but people on his cards are making some dough and he is fighting a good few times a year.

That being said, if Tommy Fury doesn't chin him easy on the weekend then it's all rigged.

Watching some of the build up and I think Paul now knows he is in deep water, looks nervous and nearly petrified.

Fury KO inside 3

Watching some of the build up and I think Paul now knows he is in deep water, looks nervous and nearly petrified.

Fury KO inside 3

Perhaps I'm just being contrarian but I feel like Paul will get it done but in controversial controversial circumstances and we'll have to go through this flimflam once again.

Both fighters are small-time but gotta respect anyone putting themselves in the ring.

Perhaps I'm just being contrarian but I feel like Paul will get it done but in controversial controversial circumstances and we'll have to go through this flimflam once again.

Both fighters are small-time but gotta respect anyone putting themselves in the ring.

Thats my only fear with the betting TBH

When people stop buying PPVs? :)

I think this fight is a good start for the end here, the illusion that Paul was a real deal boxer is shattered which is brutal for an audience which classes its biggest attraction as success to the be able to ridicule online, thats gone. Also as Fury is a boxer but not a great boxer it shows his limit and limits who he can call out. Call out someone higher than Fury, he gets his head knocked off, call out someone lesser and they are just bums to roll over.

I hope it does shatter the whole recent trend, Badou Jack one a world title on the same card and is a serious boxer with a great record and CV, shame that his achievements are overshadowed because of instagram followers

I think this fight is a good start for the end here, the illusion that Paul was a real deal boxer is shattered which is brutal for an audience which classes its biggest attraction as success to the be able to ridicule online, thats gone. Also as Fury is a boxer but not a great boxer it shows his limit and limits who he can call out. Call out someone higher than Fury, he gets his head knocked off, call out someone lesser and they are just bums to roll over.

I hope it does shatter the whole recent trend, Badou Jack one a world title on the same card and is a serious boxer with a great record and CV, shame that his achievements are overshadowed because of instagram followers

I don't dis-agree but boxing only has itself to blame, it's been a joke for too long with fighters constantly avoiding each other and then fighting once a year holding the belts hostage. It's all about the money now, no one seems fussed about putting on good shows. The only time the big match ups tend to happen is when their careers are winding down and they need a last pay day.

I mean if there was any interest in good fights happening Crawford would be fighting Spence - bet that's another fight that won't happen.

I don't dis-agree but boxing only has itself to blame, it's been a joke for too long with fighters constantly avoiding each other and then fighting once a year holding the belts hostage. It's all about the money now, no one seems fussed about putting on good shows. The only time the big match ups tend to happen is when their careers are winding down and they need a last pay day.

I mean if there was any interest in good fights happening Crawford would be fighting Spence - bet that's another fight that won't happen.

Oh I agree, its a source of frustration to me that these fights rarely happen

There is talk of a one umbrella UFC style set up with I think would be excellent for the sport, meaning the best fight the best and we crack on bu their success runs on the fact that fighters get out ALOT but the money is not as good meaning more incentive to fight more, where as the fighters that earnt alot don't fight much (Look at Mcgreggor)

Only issue with that model is Hearn would be fav to run it

Stone me, Benn gets cleared by the WBC and now crying he has been cleared the way he has

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

massively regret spending £20 on that Fury v Paul fight. Absolutely woeful waste of money.

On the plus side, Davis vs Garcia announced to save boxing from itself in April. A proper fight for the ages, two young boxers, undefeated.

massively regret spending £20 on that Fury v Paul fight. Absolutely woeful waste of money.

On the plus side, Davis vs Garcia announced to save boxing from itself in April. A proper fight for the ages, two young boxers, undefeated.

Wow it's actually happening - really looking forward to this. 2 great boxers in their prime, sad that it's such a rare event.

Oh I agree, its a source of frustration to me that these fights rarely happen

There is talk of a one umbrella UFC style set up with I think would be excellent for the sport, meaning the best fight the best and we crack on bu their success runs on the fact that fighters get out ALOT but the money is not as good meaning more incentive to fight more, where as the fighters that earnt alot don't fight much (Look at Mcgreggor)

Only issue with that model is Hearn would be fav to run it

There definitely needs to be some change, all the organisations have odd rules and some allow the belt holders to go 1-2 years without defending it. I can't see one umbrella company working because there's too much money in having all the different belts.

To be fair to Hearn although he does protect his cash cows like AJ he's done a lot for boxing and put on some decent shows in the UK.

Back