• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Hull

That dragged. It's clear to me we need major investment this Summer if we want this to work, but it's not going to happen. The revolving doors will keep on spinning sadly.
we're just not very good are we. the last couple of seasons have been a disaster. if we want to be better than the mid table sides we need to buy better players this summer. everyone has caught up and we are packed full of average players these days.

some people claim this is the best league in the world? they need to have a look at the replay of that match. that was two atrocious teams delivering abysmal football.

no wonder the likes of basel and kiev knock english teams out of the el. what weve become in the past few months is as bad as anything served up under avb. im quite gobsmacked by what ive just watched. i know stoke tinkleed all over us last week, but this is hull, at home. youd think we could as least entertain the fans a bit in a fixture like this.

that was seriously dreadful.

It's certainly a worry. We look absolutely dreadful at the moment.

What bugs me is the predictability of it. Looking at the starting line up I think most would haver suspected a similar lacklustre showing that the same players have been serving up of late and low and behold that's what we got.

If you want chances or the free kicks likely to follow from trying, you need to run at defenders - not stroll & dance.

Commentator asked how come no-one was following in for a ball in ront of the goal. Well, they've come not to expect the ball to be put in.

No speed, no instinct, no opportunities, no chance of winning unless things change.

Maybe if Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela can drop back to make a 5 man midfield, it would give us a platform in midfield. Get the players closer together to pass and move. When we got possession the 5 in midfield would have to break forward with pace.

Against better teams out midfield is too open. Going forward it doesn't dominate, with too many forced passes that slow us down or lose us possession. Our midfield is not an effective 'unit'.

Dembele is the platform IMO. Play him as the 10 and the ball will stick to him. Eriksen is turning over possession time and time again.

If Levy could get Klopp, attractiveness of London, then do it. Otherwise we have to trust in Poch. His recording bringing on Kane, Rose, Dier, Mason and Bentaleb is impressive. And to be fair he had us playing well midseason. Otherwise, since March we've looked woeful.

Wouldn't mind seeing Paulinho 2nd half. May give us some injection. Forward runs etc.

Dembele is the platform IMO. Play him as the 10 and the ball will stick to him. Eriksen is turning over possession time and time again.

True. If we'd rotated Dembele ad Paulinho in the second half of the season, we'd have done a lot better imo. Fresh legs, and something different for the opposition to worry about.

If you want chances or the free kicks likely to follow from trying, you need to run at defenders - not stroll & dance.

Commentator asked how come no-one was following in for a ball in ront of the goal. Well, they've come not to expect the ball to be put in.

No speed, no instinct, no opportunities, no chance of winning unless things change.
I'd add average players to that list.

on current form id say maybe danny rose is a player that would get into other top half teams. kane is obviously a good player, as is lloris.

the rest, im not sure about. would chadli get in stoke's side? dont think so. arnautovic is probably better, if not better certainly more of a physical presence. eriksen has been invisible for months whilst mason and bentaleb look absolutely miles off. i think with bentaleb its probably just a form/fitness issue. i think mason is crap.

fazio is woeful, dier inexperienced and a centre back playing at right back.

pretty average personnel, playing with predictable and pedestrian tactics. easy to get at and simple to defend against.

this season cant end soon enough. EL? I honestly feel we aren't good enough, and swansea and saints would have a better crack it at than we would.

Too many players. Dembele and Paulinho have the edge on him and you need a focused squad. In the end he was surplus to requirements.
how can he be surplus to requirements when we have desparately needing to freshen things up? i dont see why paulinho should have the advantage over him? he's been dreadful throughout his whole spurs career (although i, like you, would definitely have given him the nod recently over mason).

the dembele situation is mind boggling. he's obviously as good as gone. thats one player who simply must leave dor his own sake.

this is an absolutely fantastic chance for hull. if they dont win today they dont deserve to stay up. we are non existent, a walking three points that they have to take.

Back