• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Hull

A W, 3 points and a clean sheet. When did we last have all 3 in one game ? Wanted to see Arry score. How important has Rose become for us ?? Best LB, scores goals, shows gumption ... just mebbe not hair fashion sense. LOL.

COYS !!!

A win is a win, but it doesn't hide the fact we have a lot of work ahead. Still a lot of questions to answer for me on some of the players and the coach.

Well, we won...so its churlish to be too critical.

My main concern is the lack of overall improvement to build from next season.

Some go, some come in and i see yet another season of "transition".

Throw in the fact certain players we want to keep may go (Hugo/Jan....Eriksen?) and that we are relying on Kane delivering a similar season and Lamela stepping up, and Eriksen re-finding form and it feels like back to square one. Theres a genuine slight whiff of the mid-late 90s about us at the moment.

Focus on the stadium build Gentlemen, its the brightest spot on our horizon currently, and the only thing about Spurs i am taking a genuine great pleasure in at the moment.

A win, against a self-beaten Hull, second game from last of the season, next week we go to play the toffees, hardly any impact on europe.

Let's keep this in perspective shall we ? But it was a nice result, sun was out. Enjoy.

I think that's your bias talking. Poch is not amazing. Many questions for me, but with a number of players he's helped them individually. Kane and Rose wouldn't have had such a meteoric rise without the managers input. Bentaleb and Mason too. Easy to forget all these players were nowhere pre Poch.

Don't want to be pedantic but Rose has played because Davies has been poor and Harry has shone because Ade and Soldado have been pants, Bentaleb and Mason would not and should not have had so much game time if Capoue, Stambouli, Paulinho had been a success, hardly inspired management is it, it should be one or the other with Dembele, playing both together has been our biggest problem, I also think Dembele has been under used.

A better team would have got the first goal against us. We seem weak mentally and in midfield. But second half we did push on, showed there is a spirit and ability in the team. It just seems too fragile at the moment, any stronger determined team would punish us.

Hull did what we needed them too - push forward and leave space. The way to play against us is to do the opposite. Sit back and counter.

But pleased with the win. We needed that.

Don't want to be pedantic but Rose has played because Davies has been poor and Harry has shone because Ade and Soldado have been pants, Bentaleb and Mason would not and should not have had so much game time if Capoue, Stambouli, Paulinho had been a success, hardly inspired management is it, it should be one or the other with Dembele, playing both together has been our biggest problem, I also think Dembele has been under used.

That may be, I'd agree with most of that, but credit where it is due, you can not dispute that Poch has overseen the rise of these players. Measured in value, there are maybe 10s of millions in increased worth in these players.

Last edited:
That may be, I'd agree with most of that, but credit where it is due, you can not dispute that Poch has overseen the rise in these players. Measured in value, there are maybe 10s of millions in increased worth in these players.
Poch has promoted Mason but Kane and Bentaleb were given their heads by Sherwood. It is difficult to know how much input Poch and his staff have on players but judging from the fact that they have not been able to adjust Dier's position of cross delivery after a number of games, I would be inclined to believe not much. They seem to be obssessed with their system, irrespective of events.

Can any of us see an improvement to where we might actually challenge to try and compete for the top slots with a rigid system and de-motivated average players?

Poch has promoted Mason but Kane and Bentaleb were given their heads by Sherwood. It is difficult to know how much input Poch and his staff have on players but judging from the fact that they have not been able to adjust Dier's position of cross delivery after a number of games, I would be inclined to believe not much. They seem to be obssessed with their system, irrespective of events.

Can any of us see an improvement to where we might actually challenge to try and compete for the top slots with a rigid system and de-motivated average players?
Well of course he's going to stick to his system,most coaches do. It's obvious Poch was using this season to assess the squad and who will fit into his ethos, I'm pretty sure Levy mentioned this in his notes in programme today.

Now he's had a season to assess he will buy and sell to have a squad who better fits his system eventually. This is why the appointment of Poch was always going to be a long term one, which was widely acknowledged by people on here at the time of his appointment that he will need time. Not all the solutions will be created in this summer window, will be gradual. Not that hard to see is it?

Kane and Bentaleb had played under Sherwood, but Bentaleb had been dropped again and Kane was still being questioned by most/ many this season. He was far from established. Amazing how people forget recent history. We can question Poch on a number of things - for example we don't have a tight team shape/ structure often seem too fluid and open - but one thing I think we have to give him credit for is how Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Rose and Dier have developed this season. He's facilitated their progress.

It is a shame that we haven't seen more progress from establish players however. Maybe a smaller, tighter Poch squad will see team wide development.

Great win. Relieved with that, to be honest: again, we didn't look particularly good, and that sequence where Hull had four or five shots in a row cleared off the line or saved emphasized how fragile today's win was. But, nonetheless, we needed it given S'oton's win, and the result came with the bonuses of a) those two great assists by Lamela and Mason, and b) the continued renaissance of Danny Rose's Spurs career, crazy hairdo notwithstanding. :p

Good three points, well done lads.

I'm burnt, drunk and delighted! What a magical day.. Spent the morning at the bell and hare and loved every minute of my White Hart Lane experience..

Rose and Dier were outstanding in my view. Lamela tried hard as usual and came up with a brilliant addidt and Eriksen was so, so frustrating, I still think he's the cause of alot of our general problems.. More on that later.

For now you're all very welcome, Fatty Potato Head Bruce is a good luck charm :)

I'm burnt, drunk and delighted! What a magical day.. Spent the morning at the bell and hare and loved every minute of my White Hart Lane experience..

Rose and Dier were outstanding in my view. Lamela tried hard as usual and came up with a brilliant addidt and Eriksen was so, so frustrating, I still think he's the cause of alot of our general problems.. More on that later.

For now you're all very welcome, Fatty Potato Head Bruce is a good luck charm :)

Congrats mate .. glad you had a good one

That may be, I'd agree with most of that, but credit where it is due, you can not dispute that Poch has overseen the rise in these players. Measured in value, there are maybe 10s of millions in increased worth in these players.

I concede that I am not Poch`s biggest fan, it started with his choice of Captain/Vice which I thought at the time was laughable and my opinion of him has not improved one little bit, however I am a Yid and hope that your sensible optimism is well founded.

Back home after our trip to MK last night and then the Lane today. A win is a win I suppose, and tbh at half-time I thought this match had 0-1 smash and grab away win written all over it.
Not the best performance in the world, but a much needed win and thanks to Palace, unbelievably 5th is still on.

But I would argue that is great management. He signed proper competition for Rose yet left the door open to see if Rose was up for the challenge. As for the other points, well, isn't that the point? The 'seniors' were phoning in every other game, and Poch wasn't having it so promoted use.

Your Dembele point is well-worth scrutiny though. I am a critic of his and feel he should never play anywhere other than behind the striker if at all, but it is hard to argue that we have generally looked much stronger when he is in the hole. A conundrum. I do think if Poch gets the pace he wants next season that Dembele won't be seen, but if we continue with this system then he is certainly a player we need to think about. My worry is how his attitude is?

Back