• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Hull

This was a much needed win for us ! It was not really convincing but a win is a win ! After being winless in 3 matches, we badly needed to win this match. And it was nice to get this win wearing our new shirt. It was important not to lose the match wearing our new shirt. Hopefully we will bring this winning form to the remaining match and the next season as well.

Due credit to Chadli and Rose for getting our goals. Both were well-taken goals, especially by Chadli. It was convincing the way he went past the goalie to score. That was Chadli's 11th league goal of the season, overtaking the 10 goals scored by Eriksen. Never thought Chadli will overtake Eriksen as our best goal scoring midfielder this season but he seems to have done just that. Rose too deserves credit for the way he scored our crucial 2nd goal even if it appeared as if he mis-hit it. Credit also to Lamela for creating the goal for Chadli and Mason for setting up the chance for Rose.

Disappointingly, our top 2 players, Kane and Eriksen didn't have a good game. Kane even wasted a few half-chances that came his way. Not sure what England has done to Kane as he has looked clumsy since playing for them. Eriksen has been off form since the League Cup semi final. Can't help but worried about those 2. Will they ever get back their form next season ?

Credit to our defense for keeping the clean sheet even if Hull didn't attack much. Thought Vertonghen-Fazio looked comfortable together. Fazio even made a crucial goal-line clearance in the 1st half. They really should have played together much more this season. Not at all impressed by our midfield again. Thought Mason and Bentaleb were making too many mistakes again. If we want to finish in top 4 next season, we badly need a better midfield than this.

This has been a largely disappointing season, especially the way we are finishing it. Despite this win, we now only have 2 wins in the last 7 matches. This is hardly the form of a top 4 team. Hopefully we will do much better than this next season.

It says something about the PL though, if we win next week and Stoke avoid defeat at home to Liverpool we finish 5th, unreal

It was a improvement on our recent form so that was good to see, but I still feel that Poch has to do a lot of sorting out during the summer, we really need to sort out our CM because if we do not then we will have the same problems next season. Mason was better yesterday but he is not a long term answer and I hope/pray that Poch has someone lined up to come into that position.

But I would argue that is great management. He signed proper competition for Rose yet left the door open to see if Rose was up for the challenge. As for the other points, well, isn't that the point? The 'seniors' were phoning in every other game, and Poch wasn't having it so promoted use.

Your Dembele point is well-worth scrutiny though. I am a critic of his and feel he should never play anywhere other than behind the striker if at all, but it is hard to argue that we have generally looked much stronger when he is in the hole. A conundrum. I do think if Poch gets the pace he wants next season that Dembele won't be seen, but if we continue with this system then he is certainly a player we need to think about. My worry is how his attitude is?

All valid points, playing Dembele further forward gives more time for supporting players to run into the box because Dembele keeps possession well imo, our decisions made in the spending of the Bale money has been abysmal who is actually responsible for the buys.

Good result. At this stage I don't care about the performance, though it was very good to us keep a clean sheet.

Next week: Come on City (so that even if we get rimmed by Everton I win my cash:cool:)

Back