• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham vs Hull

It's hard to put your finger on what it is with the midfield that is not good enough. Its not as simple as Mason and Bentaleb. I think its a number of things: team shape, balance of attack, leadership. The team needs to move from midfield to attack - so the wide men be part of midfield until we win possession then get forward. At the moment we're too open.
I agree. Its hard to imagine how you could get such a non existent presence in the midfield. you'd think that just by accident you'd occasionally have bodies in the middle of the park.

Lloris, Dier, Rose and Kane the only ones I'd be sorry to see go. Bentaleb and Erickson to a degree. The rest can all leave

It's hard to put your finger on what it is with the midfield that is not good enough. Its not as simple as Mason and Bentaleb. I think its a number of things: team shape, balance of attack, leadership. The team needs to move from midfield to attack - so the wide men be part of midfield until we win possession then get forward. At the moment we're too open.

I'd add that a number of the players although fit the basic system don't offer enough of the qualities their position demands in Poch's system. After a whole season, some of them are not showing enough if any improvements and it's showing in our performances. Poch is a system first man and he seems pretty rigid, without the right players it's not going to work properly.

did we just decide to completely ditch the pressing thing in the end? have we had an update recently as to what our philosophy is these days?

We're playing much better. Starting to dominate. Some small things missing - passes not quite right in the final third, not getting runners into the corner by the flag to stretch their defence.

as entertainment, this is absolute fudgeing garbage.

We play the some of, if not the worst football in the league.

I'd add that a number of the players although fit the basic system don't offer enough of the qualities their position demands in Poch's system. After a whole season, some of them are not showing enough if any improvements and it's showing in our performances. Poch is a system first man and he seems pretty rigid, without the right players it's not going to work properly.

No plan B. It's a worry

some people claim this is the best league in the world? they need to have a look at the replay of that match. that was two atrocious teams delivering abysmal football.

no wonder the likes of basel and kiev knock english teams out of the el. what weve become in the past few months is as bad as anything served up under avb. im quite gobsmacked by what ive just watched. i know stoke tinkled all over us last week, but this is hull, at home. youd think we could as least entertain the fans a bit in a fixture like this.

that was seriously dreadful.

That dragged. It's clear to me we need major investment this Summer if we want this to work, but it's not going to happen. The revolving doors will keep on spinning sadly.

tinkle poor, like watching paint dry, square, square, give it away then square, square, give it away, boy we have bought some brick, system or not it don't excuse Ericksen and Chadli playing like poofs or Lamela contributing feck all, this is going to be pass pass pass then they score.

PS
I don't think MP will last until xmas no matter who he buys.

Maybe if Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela can drop back to make a 5 man midfield, it would give us a platform in midfield. Get the players closer together to pass and move. When we got possession the 5 in midfield would have to break forward with pace.

Against better teams out midfield is too open. Going forward it doesn't dominate, with too many forced passes that slow us down or lose us possession. Our midfield is not an effective 'unit'.

Back